Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: MIN Sweeps PHX!
(02-23-2024, 10:44 AM)mvossman Wrote: Boo

Ya I’m not personally interested but there was a time where it was rumored the front office was. All those folks are gone now so I doubt we do anything here.
Like Reply
The Thompson twins play such a unique style of basketball
Literally just elite defense, incredible rebounding, and alley oops

Watching Houston vs. Suns right now and Amen Thompson is insane. Some of the most elite defense I've seen in years. He crashes the offensive glass like he's dying of thirst and the ball is a nice glass of water.

Love him and his brother.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
HOLY THE SUNS CHOKED SO HARD

DURANT MISSED BOTH FTS. HE PUMP FAKED ONE OF THEM. BOOKER FOULS AWAY FROM THE PLAY TO SEAL THE LOSS.

WHAT IN THE HECK!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/04ucf6

Tempers flare in New Orleans!
Like Reply
Warriors with 14 turnovers at the half. Hornets trying to beat them with 12 turnovers.

Hornets with 29 at the half. Warriors with just 40. One of the lowest scoring halves I've seen in a LONG time.

@wojespn
BREAKING: Golden State’s Steve Kerr has agreed on a two-year, $35 million contract extension, Rick Smith and Dan Eveloff of @PrioritySports tell ESPN. Kerr’s new deal makes him the highest paid coach in league history at $17.5M a year.
Like Reply
[Charania] Bulls say Patrick Williams will undergo season-ending foot surgery.
Like Reply
Good night for the mavs. Suns lose in embarrassing fashion to the former 2nd round champion Houston Rockets. Pelicans lose to Miami and multiple players look to be suspended. We’re now tied in the loss column for 5th
Like Reply
(02-23-2024, 10:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: HOLY THE SUNS CHOKED SO HARD

DURANT MISSED BOTH FTS. HE PUMP FAKED ONE OF THEM. BOOKER FOULS AWAY FROM THE PLAY TO SEAL THE LOSS.

WHAT IN THE HECK!

Durant is getting up there in age. He just gets tired during games. That´s one the main reason, they suck in the 4th quarter.
Like Reply
Need to push hard for a title the next 2 or 3 years before they get a team around Wemby

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez
Victor Wembanyama in his last two games:

46 points
23 rebounds
12 assists
10 blocks
10 steals

He's the first player in NBA history to average a 5x5 over a two-game span (since blocks became official in 1973-74).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/8v3q6v

Miles Bridges takes offense. Grant Williams tries to take out the entire Warriors team. GSW/Kerr/Clifford's reaction is pure comedy.

Draymond had some choice words for G-Will after the game:

https://x.com/anthonyvslater/status/1761...65958?s=46&t=Ofn9ihgBPdBFQJpnkEDS0A

Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater)
Draymond Green lights into Grant Williams after that late-game scuffle

“This tough guy (act) is going absolutely wrong for him. He’s a nice guy.”

“Talking too much is kinda what got you out of Dallas”

“Pray for Grant Williams”
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(02-24-2024, 02:05 AM)Jym Wrote: Need to push hard for a title the next 2 or 3 years before they get a team around Wemby

Andrew Lopez
@_Andrew_Lopez
Victor Wembanyama in his last two games:

46 points
23 rebounds
12 assists
10 blocks
10 steals

He's the first player in NBA history to average a 5x5 over a two-game span (since blocks became official in 1973-74).

Had the same thought. Same applies for individual accolades. If Luka wants his MVP trophy he has 1-2 years left. Only thing that can stop Wemby is an injury.
Like Reply
Yes, nice night for the Mavs with the Suns and Pelicans losing. I guess you had to expect the Lakers and Warriors were going to win at home against two bad teams.

The Suns don't have a lot of room for error when Beal and Nurkic are out. Especially with a bad Booker shooting game and their regular role players not playing above their heads.
Like Reply
(02-24-2024, 08:42 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Yes, nice night for the Mavs with the Suns and Pelicans losing.  I guess you had to expect the Lakers and Warriors were going to win at home against two bad teams. 

The Suns don't have a lot of room for error when Beal and Nurkic are out.  Especially with a bad Booker shooting game and their regular role players not playing above their heads.

I know it sounds crazy, but we have to get used to the fact that the Mavs defense is responsible for that. Ah you were talking about the Rockets. Emotional damage from another loss to the Mavs. Wink

Though I´m not sure how we won the game, considering that the average of our starting five was 24.6, while they had all the experience in the world at 30.8. And if I have learned anything on this board in the last few years about winning....I´m just poking. Big Grin Big Grin

Also smart by Luka to start treating his son better. In three years, when Kyrie goes Crocodile Dundee in the outback, Booker will probably be tired of playing with his grandpas and might want to join his daddy. Cool

Seriously Devin Booker is a sneaky flight risk. No picks, no future. He going to hang around in Phoenix to play with Beal 32 year old and Bolsnian Twin Towers. That Suns owner better win the Ship this year or their fans might ask for Sarver back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-24-2024, 09:07 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I know it sounds crazy, but we have to get used to the fact that the Mavs defense is responsible for that. Ah you were talking about the Rockets. Emotional damage from another loss to the Mavs. Wink

Though I´m not sure how we won the game, considering that the average of our starting five was 24.6, while they had all the experience in the world at 30.8. And if I have learned anything on this board in the last few years about winning....I´m just poking. Big Grin Big Grin

Also smart by Luka to start treating his son better. In three years, when Kyrie goes Crocodile Dundee in the outback, Booker will probably be tired of playing with his grandpas and might want to join his daddy. Cool

Seriously Devin Booker is a sneaky flight risk. No picks, no future. He going to hang around in Phoenix to play with Beal 32 year old and Bolsnian Twin Towers. That Suns owner better win the Ship this year or their fans might ask for Sarver back.

Mavs2021 is taking his victory laps right now and I'm here for it...

...even if I probably argued with you over all of these points since Fish's forums  Big Grin
Like Reply
(02-24-2024, 12:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs2021 is taking his victory laps right now and I'm here for it...

...even if I probably argued with you over all of these points since Fish's forums  Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin

Let´s hope it ends with a parade.  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-24-2024, 02:15 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://streamable.com/8v3q6v

Miles Bridges takes offense. Grant Williams tries to take out the entire Warriors team. GSW/Kerr/Clifford's reaction is pure comedy.

Draymond had some choice words for G-Will after the game:

https://x.com/anthonyvslater/status/1761...65958?s=46&t=Ofn9ihgBPdBFQJpnkEDS0A

Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater)
Draymond Green lights into Grant Williams after that late-game scuffle

“This tough guy (act) is going absolutely wrong for him. He’s a nice guy.”

“Talking too much is kinda what got you out of Dallas”

“Pray for Grant Williams”

Draymond told him GTFOH...
Like Reply
(02-24-2024, 07:18 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Draymond told him GTFOH...

I think Williams son's Draymond in a fight
Like Reply
(02-24-2024, 08:19 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I think Williams son's Draymond in a fight

???
Like Reply
Boston is too good. It would be a damn shame if they don't get it done this year.
Like Reply
(02-24-2024, 10:29 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Boston is too good. It would be a damn shame if they don't get it done this year.

They look great. Such a well put together core. I just wonder about their depth. One injury from Pritchard or Tillman or Hauser being your 6th man. Even with shortened playoff rotations they are really thin.
Like Reply