Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6253083925

What's the point of the L2M report then?
Like Reply
(02-13-2024, 08:46 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6253083925

What's the point of the L2M report then?

That is the first time I've ever seen a ref publicly say they got a call wrong after a game, let alone one of that magnitude. 

We should reward that candor.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Woj says the warriors made a push for Lebron at the deadline.

In the article I found this part funny. I would never even waste my time dealing with Morey.

::::::
Dunleavy Jr. was the second team executive call to Pelinka on a possible James trade, sources said. After seeing James' murky social media post of an hour-glass a week before the trade deadline, Philadelphia 76ers President of Basketball Operations Daryl Morey called Pelinka to probe on a James trade and was immediately told that James wasn't available. In fact, Pelinka responded by asking Morey if Joel Embiid was available, sources said. And that ended that brief conversation. These sorts of bold trade calls are historically a common practice for Morey, who also called the Phoenix Suns and asked about a trade for Durant prior to the deadline, sources said. When told no on Durant, Morey then asked about the availability of Devin Booker and Bradley Beal, too. Unsurprisingly, those were no's as well, sources said.
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 08:13 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Woj says the warriors made a push for Lebron at the deadline. 

In the article I found this part funny.  I would never even waste my time dealing with Morey.

Dunleavy Jr. was the second team executive call to Pelinka on a possible James trade, sources said. After seeing James' murky social media post of an hour-glass a week before the trade deadline, Philadelphia 76ers President of Basketball Operations Daryl Morey called Pelinka to probe on a James trade and was immediately told that James wasn't available. In fact, Pelinka responded by asking Morey if Joel Embiid was available, sources said. And that ended that brief conversation. These sorts of bold trade calls are historically a common practice for Morey, who also called the Phoenix Suns and asked about a trade for Durant prior to the deadline, sources said. When told no on Durant, Morey then asked about the availability of Devin Booker and Bradley Beal, too. Unsurprisingly, those were no's as well, sources said.

I recall that Morey called about Dirk when Morey was with Houston. Think it was right after they signed Dwight Howard
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 12:06 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: I recall that Morey called about Dirk when Morey was with Houston. Think it was right after they signed Dwight Howard

Daryl 'Big Game Huntin'  'No star stone unturned Huntin' Morey

Profit Profit Profit Profit

No decency in the process...just profit.

Business is neither moral or immoral...its profit seeking.  

Ugh.

Your star is worth 1 FRP, my same star is worth 5 FRP's.

Negotiation.

Sleeziness.

All in the name of profit.
Like Reply
(02-13-2024, 03:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka has to be ready cause Wemby is coming for the crown. 

He is a legit freak in every sense of the word. I have never seen a player with that size move so fluidly.

Gafford and Washington will have their hands full trying to contain Wemby - looking forward to seeing how they perform against superior talent.
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 08:13 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Woj says the warriors made a push for Lebron at the deadline. 

In the article I found this part funny.  I would never even waste my time dealing with Morey.

I think it would be a good thing if the Mavs had a GM like Daryl Morey, i.e., someone who is willing to grift and do all the dirty work without caring what it looks like, so long as his organization and roster improves.

I prefer Rob Pelinka to Daryl Morey though, because I think Pelinka is the best overall GM in the NBA currently. Pelinka seems like the Luka Doncic of GMs, i.e., someone who is not stuck to one particular path and can overcome any obstacles through their talent, including internal organizational sabotage. If Luka and Pelinka ever got together on the same franchise, I would love to see what they could do as a team.
'
If the Mavs had a GM like Pelinka, then Spencer Dinwiddie might upgrade them on his scale from Mama Bears to Papa Bears. Tongue

As an aside, I also think the Mavs need more aggressive beat writers. Journalists who do more than sing the team's praises or suck up to the Mavs FO... holding them accountable, calling them out, and all that Jazz.
Like Reply
https://justinrusso.substack.com/p/timbe...h-clippers

T-Wolves mocked the Clippers after blowout.
Like Reply
https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/f...ce-charges

Forbes's NBA career may be over.
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 01:05 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: I think it would be a good thing if the Mavs had a GM like Daryl Morey, i.e., someone who is willing to grift and do all the dirty work without caring what it looks like, so long as his organization and roster improves.

I prefer Rob Pelinka to Daryl Morey though, because I think Pelinka is the best overall GM in the NBA currently. Pelinka seems like the Luka Doncic of GMs, i.e., someone who is not stuck to one particular path and can overcome any obstacles through their talent, including internal organizational sabotage. If Luka and Pelinka ever got together on the same franchise, I would love to see what they could do as a team.
'
If the Mavs had a GM like Pelinka, then Spencer Dinwiddie might upgrade them on his scale from Mama Bears to Papa Bears. Tongue

As an aside, I also think the Mavs need more aggressive beat writers. Journalists who do more than sing the team's praises or suck up to the Mavs FO... holding them accountable, calling them out, and all that Jazz.

Seems like the Westbrook acquisition was a pretty big mistake.
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 01:05 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: and all that Jazz.

[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 03:27 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Seems like the Westbrook acquisition was a pretty big mistake.

Yes, yes, that would fall under the "internal organizational sabotage" umbrella, being a request that was forced on him by Lebron. Pelinka pivoted from that travesty pretty good though, and made trades that helped the Lakers get to the WCF.

Wouldn't you say this is similar to how Luka pivoted from the internal organizational sabotage that turned Porzingis into Davis Bertans and Dinwiddie, and led the Mavs to the WCF too?

Pelinka cleans up people's messes off the court, Luka cleans them up on the court.
Like Reply
Sources: Detroit Pistons F/C Isaiah Stewart punched Phoenix's Drew Eubanks in the back tunnels of Suns arena today. It's unclear what sparked the altercation. The NBA is expected to receive footage to review. More to come.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-14-2024, 07:49 PM)Winter Wrote: Sources: Detroit Pistons F/C Isaiah Stewart punched Phoenix's Drew Eubanks in the back tunnels of Suns arena today. It's unclear what sparked the altercation. The NBA is expected to receive footage to review. More to come.

Reports indicate Isaiah Stewart has a puncher's chance of avoiding disciplinary action.

I'll show myself out.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
- Pelicans and Suns won. Lakers are up 16 after three quarters. Denver-Sacramento is a close game. Nuggets could do the Mavs a solid if they win this.

Edit: Kings win. Enter the allstar break 0.5 games behind the Mavs.

- Grant Williams continues his hot streak. 15pts 10reb in a Hornets win over the Hawks. Curry with 9pts.
Like Reply
On another note, for those saying Deni's NOT worth a first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDJ-j3wuQGQ

I'm not saying he was available, but folks around here saying he isn't worth it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65e01424&is=65cd9f24&hm=65...height=676]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-15-2024, 02:28 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: image0.jpg?ex=65e01424&is=65cd9f24&hm=65...height=676]

If this guy goes crazy trying to get to  LeBron after he hit him with blood running down his face a few years back, Eubanks is fodder for him.
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3951...gins-bucks

NBA power rankings at the AS break.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1758198097484582955

Most points this season at the break.
Like Reply