Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: Amazon & NBA Have Deal for Broadcast Rights
(01-31-2024, 08:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not a fan.

Not a fan of Randle but a huge fan of THJ? To each their own I guess.
Like Reply
Shorthanded Lakers minus LeBron and AD stunned Boston on the road, 114-105 and gave the C's their 3rd loss at home. Austin Reaves 32 pts led the Lakers. Horribly bad loss for Boston, but it happens.
Like Reply
Knicks won their 9th straight 109-105 over the Pacers behind Brunson's 40 pts.

(02-01-2024, 07:10 PM)omahen Wrote: Embiid has a torn meniscus

Man he's hurt a lot to be so talented.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 09:48 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Not a fan of Randle but a huge fan of THJ? To each their own I guess.

The comparison is a little disingenuous. They are not on the same level as players, so the direct comparison doesn’t really work out. I am more of a fan of THJ on his level than I am of Randle on his.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Jakeospikez
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 10:23 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Knicks won their 9th straight 109-105 over the Pacers behind Brunson's 40 pts.

Man he's hurt a lot to be so talented.

He's always been fragile but this was kind of a freak accident with Kuminga landing on his knee.

(02-01-2024, 07:10 PM)omahen Wrote: Embiid has a torn meniscus

Depending on the severity of the tear, Embiid could be out 1 month to 6 months. 

All-Star break coming up soon so he might be able to return this season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-01-2024, 11:14 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He's always been fragile but this was kind of a freak accident with Kuminga landing on his knee.

Depending on the severity of the tear, Embiid could be out 1 month to 6 months. 

All-Star break coming up soon so he might be able to return this season.

Probably doesn't play against us on both ocasions (not that this guarantees anything, since we love losing to a depleted team).
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
(01-31-2024, 01:02 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: The Knicks are really impressive. Moved into the 3rd seed. They're on an 8-game heater without Randle, and OG has sat out the last 2 games. Brunson is the head of that snake, and he's getting help from Divincenzo. He's been tremendous and actually should be the AS game starter over Dame. Cleveland has been playing well too. The top of the East looks a lot different so far. Miami on a 7-game losing streak is surprising too.

Damn. Brunson is making a run into MVP consideration.  This Brunson mess really is turning out like Nash 2.0, except the Mavs really haven’t been able to add as much talent post Brunson as they did post Nash to enable them to continue forward momentum. Mostly, they’ve just added injury prone players so far.
Like Reply
(02-02-2024, 08:04 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Damn. Brunson is making a run into MVP consideration.  This Brunson mess really is turning out like Nash 2.0, except the Mavs really haven’t been able to add as much talent post Brunson as they did post Nash to enable them to continue forward momentum. Mostly, they’ve just added injury prone players so far.

So tough.  Just a winner.  I still can't watch Knicks freely and enjoy one of my favorite players.  Such a bummer.   I said I thought the mismanagement was the first step in the losing of Luka.   Mavs may have slightly adjusted that path, but it is still really tough swallow for me.    Availability is important too.   

https://x.com/NBA/status/1753257079005921598?s=20
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-02-2024, 08:42 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: So tough.  Just a winner.  I still can't watch Knicks freely and enjoy one of my favorite players.  Such a bummer.   I said I thought the mismanagement was the first step in the losing of Luka.   Mavs may have slightly adjusted that path, but it is still really tough swallow for me.    Availability is important too.   

Let me add, the sneaky Precious acquisition is really nice.  Double/Double last  night with good defense.   I would love to understand how the conversation went with the final pieces between the two teams.    Sometimes fighting for the last pieces is worthwhile...if it doesn't end the trade discussions.  

Mavs give up a second in the KP trade.  Knicks get Precious in the OG trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-02-2024, 08:42 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: So tough.  Just a winner.  I still can't watch Knicks freely and enjoy one of my favorite players.  Such a bummer.   I said I thought the mismanagement was the first step in the losing of Luka.   Mavs may have slightly adjusted that path, but it is still really tough swallow for me.    Availability is important too.   

Gave up assets to replace Brunson instead of having the assets to add the third guy. The missing pick that would have allowed the Mavs to make a Knicks like move and add someone like OG as the missing piece. Not to even mention that Brunson has been better than Kyrie this season.
Like Reply
(02-02-2024, 08:53 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Gave up assets to replace Brunson instead of having the assets to add the third guy. The missing pick that would have allowed the Mavs to make a Knicks like move and add someone like OG as the missing piece. Not to even mention that Brunson has been better than Kyrie this season.

He's been one of the best players in the NBA. Period. He absolutely has had a better season than Kyrie.  It's ironic they traded for Kyrie when all they had to do is retain Brunson.  But I believe keeping him would not have had the same impact with Luka being here. Brunson has the car keys in NY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
(02-02-2024, 01:31 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: He's been one of the best players in the NBA. Period. He absolutely has had a better season than Kyrie.  It's ironic they traded for Kyrie when all they had to do is retain Brunson.  But I believe keeping him would not have had the same impact with Luka being here. Brunson has the car keys in NY.

I agree, Brunson wouldnt have quite the star power he has now. His numbers wouldnt be the same. He wouldnt be an all-star. 

But Luka/Brunson worked. It was a good team. But it has me wanting to go back in time and figure out what our team would look like today had we kept Brunson.
[-] The following 4 users Like Nowitzki Way's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKidd, KillerLeft, LifeAquatic
Like Reply
Never Mind
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
Last several game point totals by Cam Whitmore- q
12, 24,19,17, 20 and 25 tonight. Still 19 until July.

If he stays healthy, there are going to be a lot of teams wanting a do over there.
Like Reply
(02-02-2024, 10:17 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Last several game point totals by Cam Whitmore-  q
12, 24,19,17, 20 and 25 tonight.  Still 19 until July.

If he stays healthy, there are going to be a lot of teams wanting a do over there.

Houston is building something down there. Udoka has them buying in.
Like Reply
(02-02-2024, 10:17 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Last several game point totals by Cam Whitmore-  q
12, 24,19,17, 20 and 25 tonight.  Still 19 until July.

That’s the guy I wanted here.  However that was before Livelyb showed he was ready to contribute right away.  I do think the way the league has evolved, an offensive force will always make the greater impact over the long run, but we did get a solid center which is also very difficult to get.  So no regrets anymore.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, WillE
Like Reply
Kyrie will never be an AS again. Brunson will be an AS for the next 6 seasons. At least
Like Reply
Love Brunsons game...but dude just has to work so hard for buckets.

I dont see a super long career for him...especially if small ball is going away and teams like Orlando are becoming a thing.
Like Reply
(02-04-2024, 11:08 AM)youzigizag Wrote: Love Brunsons game...but dude just has to work so hard for buckets.

I dont see a super long career for him...especially if small ball is going away and teams like Orlando are becoming a thing.

I think that is why his game is going to age well. He isn't relying on athleticism. The stuff that he is doing cannot be taken away as easily.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
(02-04-2024, 11:50 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think that is why his game is going to age well. He isn't relying on athleticism. The stuff that he is doing cannot be taken away as easily.

Nah...I get it...he has a cerebral element to his game.

Jokic and Luka have it...but they are big guys.   The league aint passing up their size anytime soon.

Brunson, currently, has to work extra hard at buckets.

In 5 to 7 years everyone will be 6'8+ with 7'+ wingspans and move around athletically and quickly.   He's going to have to spend so much energy getting buckets off...it will be tiresome.   That doesnt even consider being able to defend.

Love the dudes game and professionalism...I just get anxiety watching him play because he spends so much energy each possession and he's always hitting the floor.   I just question how sustainable it is. Its fun to watch now....but in a few years? I dont think I have seen many posters suggest they think Ja Morants style will be sustainable and he's a crazy good athlete. Brunson isnt jumping wild style into centers, adjusting mid air and getting buckets like Ja....but they both are using so much energy.
Like Reply