Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: MIN Sweeps PHX!
End of third quarter and Scoot is a -56 for the game. I didn’t know that was possible. Most of the blazers starters are in that range: they may have a coaching change soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Celtics didn't show up for the SEGABABA against the Bucks. Tough schedule for them after yesterdays OT win over the T'Wolves.
Like Reply
(01-11-2024, 09:49 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: End of third quarter and Scoot is a -56 for the game.  I didn’t know that was possible.  Most of the blazers starters are in that range:  they may have a coaching change soon.

OKC mollywopped them.

There was a brief moment pre draft where I felt Scoot could be the best player in the entire draft. It was a very brief moment though and I'm glad I came to my senses cause he's looked barely like an NBA player
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Bad team and bad luck. This was for the win.

https://x.com/isaacappelt/status/1746002...65878?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply
Hornets about to drop to 3-19 in their last 22, blown out by the Spurs by 30. Give us Hayward and Washington already. Confused
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-12-2024, 10:20 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Hornets about to drop to 3-19 in their last 22, blown out by the Spurs by 30. Give us Hayward and Washington already. Confused

Hayward and Washington would be a pretty nice haul at this deadline.

As long as the deal doesn’t include O-Max. The Mavs cannot trade O-Max. I forbid it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Jazz blow out the Raptors to get to .500.

Meanwhile I saw a thread on reddit with the Raptors fans freaking out about Grady Dick. Supposedly he hasn't even looked good in G-league. It is way to early to make a judgement on him, but seeing several guys go after him already make an impact is frustrating for Raptors fans. Man, this last few years of Massai has really been confusing. From a guy who was considered one of the top of the game, to now see what he has done the last few years. I remember a few years ago that there was talk if an owner should give him a ownership stake to try to get him.
Like Reply
I always thought he might be one-dimensional. Now it seems he doesn't even have that.

That would be a major league bust if he can't find his stroke. He'll be untradeable except as filler. The 13th pick in the draft.

I guess some team has to get awarded "giant-bust" status.
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 07:21 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Jazz blow out the Raptors to get to .500.

Meanwhile I saw a thread on reddit with the Raptors fans freaking out about Grady Dick.  Supposedly he hasn't even looked good in G-league.  It is way to early to make a judgement on him, but seeing several guys go after him already make an impact is frustrating for Raptors fans.  Man, this last few years of Massai has really been confusing.  From a guy who was considered one of the top of the game, to now see what he has done the last few years.  I remember a few years ago that there was talk if an owner should give him a ownership stake to try to get him.

Massai had the hype and prestige,  which at times is worth something by itself.  
I think that ge bought into his own hype though, playing hard ball with every negotiations and trying to be too smart in the draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 10:18 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: Massai had the hype and prestige,  which at times is worth something by itself.  
I think that ge bought into his own hype though, playing hard ball with every negotiations and trying to be too smart in the draft.

Only 29 other GMs. Masai I feel like has actively tried to pull one over on them too many times and he's in turn getting iced out.

He overplayed his hand.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 11:20 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Only 29 other GMs. Masai I feel like has actively tried to pull one over on them too many times and he's in turn getting iced out.

He overplayed his hand.

I thought he got a nice return on the OG trade
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 05:56 PM)MFFL Wrote: I thought he got a nice return on the OG trade
I fully agree. It may not be the return he was touting, nor the return he passed up on with the Mem proposal a year or 2 ago, but who he got could turn into something. They still need the superstar #1 guy who can carry a team, but they could have everything else in place (kinda like they’ve had for years).
Like Reply
(01-14-2024, 01:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I fully agree. It may not be the return he was touting, nor the return he passed up on with the Mem proposal a year or 2 ago, but who he got could turn into something. They still need the superstar #1 guy who can carry a team, but they could have everything else in place (kinda like they’ve had for years).

They will probably move on from Siakam by the TDL. Clearly, they'll make Scottie Barnes the face of the franchise moving forward.
Like Reply
(01-14-2024, 02:26 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: They will probably move on from Siakam by the TDL. Clearly, they'll make Scottie Barnes the face of the franchise moving forward.
They seem to think he is that guy, but if he can’t really win that spot over an at best #2 guy in Siakam, they’re going nowhere. Heck, if he was a #1 type, would they have the record they have now?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(01-14-2024, 02:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: They seem to think he is that guy, but if he can’t really win that spot over an at best #2 guy in Siakam, they’re going nowhere. Heck, if he was a #1 type, would they have the record they have now?

True. All I know is they are pretty high on him.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1746727446274310518

I guess that's why they traded for Lillard.
Like Reply
(01-14-2024, 02:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: They seem to think he is that guy, but if he can’t really win that spot over an at best #2 guy in Siakam, they’re going nowhere. Heck, if he was a #1 type, would they have the record they have now?

Well, what other options do they have other mediocrity treadmill?
And tbf, Barnes average more rebounds, blocks, steals, better 3pt than Siakam while being 7 years younger. 
They will have time to help him to grow into the role while building a competitive roster around him, which is probably the reason they are desperate to get Siakam deal right, to get some young talents to help before Barnes agent asking for a max contract that they know they will have to give.
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
Memphis going full tank? Smart and Bane both ruled out for (at least) 6 weeks after Adams and Morant already out for season.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...0206380432
Like Reply
(01-15-2024, 10:45 AM)omahen Wrote: Memphis going full tank? Smart and Bane both ruled out for (at least) 6 weeks after Adams and Morant already out for season.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...0206380432

Definitely seems like it.
Like Reply

He’s only 22. Came into the league super young. Too early to say what he is.
Like Reply