Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham
(08-23-2022, 07:13 PM)DrMav Wrote: I feel like you just answered your question when you called him a quasi assistant coach. 

I don’t doubt at all that the Heat think very highly of him and are just letting him stay on in this role as long as he wants, but as a Mavs fan I don’t think it’s at all strange or unreasonable to be upset that, should he decide to continue in this role for 2+ more seasons, he would then tie or take Dirk’s record of most season played for just 1 team.

I mean for real, one of those seasons as a “player” he played in just 1 game for 3 minutes before being ejected.

??  I get what you're saying, but it sounds kinda petty to me that you would be upset that he tied his record of 21 seasons with the same team whether he plays or not. I mean you make it sound like Haslem is tarnishing Dirk's legacy or something which he clearly doesn't have.
Like Reply
Here's my 100% FACTUAL tier list. Assumptions: Mitchell to NYK, Lakers trade Westbrook for Hield and Turner or something.

rhFUhu.md.png
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 3 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • mvossman, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
You have Powell ahead of the Jazz?  Its like I don't know what you stand for anymore.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • F Gump, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-24-2022, 08:52 AM)Hypermav Wrote: You have Powell ahead of the Jazz?  Its like I don't know what you stand for anymore.

Big difference between intentionally coming in last and just being trash.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Hypermav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
There were serious worries about how injury prone Chet would be with that frame and it sure didn't take long for those question marks to pop up at the worst possible time

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5254342657

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...5276370945
Like Reply
(08-23-2022, 11:04 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: ??  I get what you're saying, but it sounds kinda petty to me that you would be upset that he tied his record of 21 seasons with the same team whether he plays or not. I mean you make it sound like Haslem is tarnishing Dirk's legacy or something which he clearly doesn't have.

Not at all saying it would tarnish Dirk’s legacy or anything, but as a Mavs and Dirk fan, I think it’s very special that he has this record. It probably is a little petty, but also while I wouldn’t want Haslem to tie/take the record in any circumstance, I would have a far different perspective on it if he actually played and wasn’t a “quasi assistant coach.”
Like Reply
Pat Bev to the Lakers for THT and Stanley Johnson.  

Quick thoughts: 
Bev is probably a better fit than THT for this Lakers team.  They really need guys who can defend on the perimeter.
THT has a player option next year that he was likely to pick up.  Bev is a FA.   There has been some talk the Lakers may be looking to create cap room for next year...so this makes it more likely.  Maybe others will debunk this though.
Who knows where the Lakers will be next year though with an aging Lebron.
I can see why Ainge would want to gamble on THT.   As good as Lebron is and how he can make you look better on the court, he can be tough on younger players to play with.   Especially ones who like to have the ball.   So they get a look at a player who really struggled this year.  Maybe THT is not in their long term plans, but Bev definitely was not.
I like it for both sides, not sure the Lakers are a serious threat as is though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(08-24-2022, 08:07 PM)DrMav Wrote: Not at all saying it would tarnish Dirk’s legacy or anything, but as a Mavs and Dirk fan, I think it’s very special that he has this record. It probably is a little petty, but also while I wouldn’t want Haslem to tie/take the record in any circumstance, I would have a far different perspective on it if he actually played and wasn’t a “quasi assistant coach.”

That's fair enough. But I'd be willing to bet there will be another player that plays that long eventually.
Like Reply
Ya, it’s definitely better than for Powell. Oh well, nbd, would’ve liked to have him here for cheap. Not sure I even really wanted him for Powell and a second with as few of those we have too.
Like Reply
(08-24-2022, 10:30 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Pat Bev to the Lakers for THT and Stanley Johnson.  

Quick thoughts: 
Bev is probably a better fit than THT for this Lakers team.  They really need guys who can defend on the perimeter.
THT has a player option next year that he was likely to pick up.  Bev is a FA.   There has been some talk the Lakers may be looking to create cap room for next year...so this makes it more likely.  Maybe others will debunk this though.
Who knows where the Lakers will be next year though with an aging Lebron.
I can see why Ainge would want to gamble on THT.   As good as Lebron is and how he can make you look better on the court, he can be tough on younger players to play with.   Especially ones who like to have the ball.   So they get a look at a player who really struggled this year.  Maybe THT is not in their long term plans, but Bev definitely was not.
I like it for both sides, not sure the Lakers are a serious threat as is though.

I didn't know Stanley Johnson was still in the league. THT will get more burn in Utah. Bev gets to be teammates with his arch rival Russ unless he gets traded.
Like Reply
(08-24-2022, 08:19 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Here's my 100% FACTUAL tier list. Assumptions: Mitchell to NYK, Lakers trade Westbrook for Hield and Turner or something.

rhFUhu.md.png

Shouldn't you have 20 teams in or above the 9th or 10th category?
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 02:23 AM)Mapka Wrote: Shouldn't you have 20 teams in or above the 9th or 10th category?

I’m thinking maybe the Blazers will get the 10th spot in the west, but I feel like they fit into the “too bad to make playoffs, too good to get a good pick” category better.
Like Reply
Well Chet Holmgrem is out for the year after getting injured in the first few minutes of a Pro-am game last week.    Some had serious concerns about his health.

He would have been my #1 pick if I was picking first.   Not a great way to start his career.   Any leg injuries on big guys are always concerning.
Like Reply
Would you take Seth back?   I was reading a post on reddit wondering if the Nets should try to sweep in an get Turner with an offer of Cam Thomas, Da'ron Sharpe, Seth Curry and a '29 first (maybe it was an earlier first?).   That may not be enough.    

I don't think Indy would have any long term interest in Curry.    So I wonder if the Mavs would be interested.

Nothing else is going on out there so I thought I would share just for discussion.
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 09:03 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well Chet Holmgrem is out for the year after getting injured in the first few minutes of a Pro-am game last week.    Some had serious concerns about his health.

He would have been my #1 pick if I was picking first.   Not a great way to start his career.   Any leg injuries on big guys are always concerning.

I wonder if this will impact Wembanyama´s draft stock. Based on everything I have seen he is the undisputed first overall pick but the recent track record of long and skinny bigs isn´t the greatest.
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 09:15 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Would you take Seth back?   I was reading a post on reddit wondering if the Nets should try to sweep in an get Turner with an offer of Cam Thomas, Da'ron Sharpe, Seth Curry and a '29 first (maybe it was an earlier first?).   That may not be enough.    

I don't think Indy would have any long term interest in Curry.    So I wonder if the Mavs would be interested.

Nothing else is going on out there so I thought I would share just for discussion.

Of course!  Elite shooting and he is a better option at 3rd point guard than anything else we are likely to get.  What are you planning on sending out for him?  Maybe Rick wants to bring in Powell as a team leader?  Doubt that gets it done.
Like Reply
(08-24-2022, 08:19 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Here's my 100% FACTUAL tier list. Assumptions: Mitchell to NYK, Lakers trade Westbrook for Hield and Turner or something.

rhFUhu.md.png

I think I'd have Cleveland higher, and the Knicks lower.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 09:53 AM)mvossman Wrote: Of course!  Elite shooting and he is a better option at 3rd point guard than anything else we are likely to get.  What are you planning on sending out for him?  Maybe Rick wants to bring in Powell as a team leader?  Doubt that gets it done.

That is the tricky part.   I can't imagine Powell would be enough.  I can see the value of him going to a developing team, but tough to see him at that salary being attractive.
Like Reply
[Image: FbBDQSOWAAABiL9?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: FbBDQqnX0AAQ67c?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
[Image: FbCC16nWIAAnb_f?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: FbCC16pWAAABQVF?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply