Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: Gm 5 84-95 loss, JH 15 pts, 3 ast, 3 rbd, 7 TO
"For the loser now will be later to win - Bob Dylan"
                                                    - Jaden Hardy
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • hakeemfaan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 10:04 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Dorsey....sorry played overseas but college at Oregon and had a stint in the NBA.

I will say, I too am impressed with Lawson.  This team is so bad that I want to be careful of picking out the best of the worst.   He plays within the team though and it feels like his play style would work in the NBA.  Makes his shots when he takes them, doesn't force offense too much and plays good defense.

I think I am done with Moses Wright.   Too much not getting that board when needed.

Ok. Dorsey played with Dillon Brooks on that Final Four team. Drafted by Atlanta in 2nd round.
Like Reply
I think you guys are getting worked up over meaningless stuff when you watch SL.

The Mavs gain nothing by having the best team, and lose noting by having the worst. With a few exceptions, these players aren't Mavs property when playing in SL as a Mav; it's just a tryout league.

When it's over, you want the Mavs to sign or 2-way the best prospect on any team, not the best one playing with a Mavs uni. If the Lakers team and players are much better, it's no prob - just sign the guy on that team you like.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
This guy from Yale #20 is not good...hope he can take advantage of his college degree
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 10:23 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: This guy from Yale #20 is not good...hope he can take advantage of his college degree

No matter what happens in SL, he will be ok.
Like Reply
Greg St. Jean has praised AJ Lawson by name every time he's been in an interview this summer. That obviously bodes well for Lawson's chances at getting the last two way spot.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...1108337665
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NationMffl/status/15...6539961344
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 10:34 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Greg St. Jean has praised AJ Lawson by name every time he's been in an interview so far. Seems like he has a really good chance to get the last two way.

Feels that way.
Like Reply
I am also hopeful that JH's struggles could be him having to play in the "Mavs system" as St Jean referred to it...something that he just learned in the last week or so. Playing in a new system can make the game feel fast and overwhelming.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...7160373248
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 10:23 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: This guy from Yale #20 is not good...hope he can take advantage of his college degree

Three years of NBA experience and 2.5m career earnings. I think he will be fine.
Like Reply
A turnover because they couldn't even catch an inbounds pass  Big Grin
Like Reply
Nice take JH!
Like Reply
Close to securing the first pick in the G-league draft, right?   Suppose to be a legendary G-league draft class too.
Like Reply
Lakers have Mason Jones and Swider on 2 way contracts. Both look really good.
Like Reply
I liked my first viewing of Pippen jr.   First glance impression is he is going to be an NBA player.   Good poise out there.
Like Reply
That's all she wrote. At least they played better after the half.
Like Reply
Big DUNK by Lawson!!
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 10:49 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I liked my first viewing of Pippen jr.   First glance impression is he is going to be an NBA player.   Good poise out there.

I'd love to poach him.  I think he could end up a solid contributor along the lines of Payton Jr. or KMart Jr.
Like Reply