Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: Gm 5 84-95 loss, JH 15 pts, 3 ast, 3 rbd, 7 TO
JH with another elbow jumper.
Like Reply
At least Hardy showing something. I don’t care if we lose by 50.  That’s all I want to see.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • Kammrath, MFFL
Like Reply
All these teams must love playing the Mavs in the summer league. Easy way to look good for the scouts. And it won't get better next year without a draft pick
Like Reply
building a summer league team is a tiny, tiny, tiny part of a GM's role...but it is a role.  This is a bad look for Nico.  Hardly any interesting players.  Without a first round pick and no entrenched NBA players on the roster, Dallas should have been a hot spot for the top undrafted guys.   It is really depressing for me.  I see smart teams every year look at interesting players.  Most don't work out, but sometimes they do.

No fear though....we are about to sign a 26 year old Europlayer to our two way slot.   He is all upside Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:51 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is a bad look for Nico.

I would say it is a bad look for those working UNDER Nico. I doubt Nico himself spends any time on compiling the team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...2703399936
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:51 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: building a summer league team is a tiny, tiny, tiny part of a GM's role...but it is a role.  This is a bad look for Nico.  Hardly any interesting players.  Without a first round pick and no entrenched NBA players on the roster, Dallas should have been a hot spot for the top undrafted guys.   It is really depressing for me.  I see smart teams every year look at interesting players.  Most don't work out, but sometimes they do.

No fear though....we are about to sign a 26 year old Europlayer to our two way slot.   He is all upside Smile

And who would that be?
Like Reply
Perhaps we're seeing the Mavs go from undervaluing the draft but perhaps able to scout well at times (Brunson, DFS, Maxi, et al.) to being just abysmal talent evaluators. I'm starting to miss the bad old days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:51 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: No fear though....we are about to sign a 26 year old Europlayer to our two way slot. 

To be fair. Their international scouting is a lot better than their college/g-league scouting. Can only hope that this is still the case now that Donnie and most of his staff are gone. That was probably his biggest (only?) strength.
Like Reply
Happened to start watching about 7 minutes ago and in my EXPERT opinion JH is the GOAT.
Like Reply
Regardless of scouting failures where is the player responsibility?   These guys are having a chance of their lifetime.  They are auditioning for other teams also.  If nothing else, play with more fire.  Too much watching while the Lakers squad is just constantly out hustling the Mavs.
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:57 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Regardless of scouting failures where is the player responsibility?   These guys are having a chance of their lifetime.  They are auditioning for other teams also.  If nothing else, play with more fire.  Too much watching while the Lakers squad is just constantly out hustling the Mavs.

That's still on the Mavs. Coaching, for sure (although I'm aware of the turnstile - why did St. Jean step aside again?), but also character evaluation.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:57 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Regardless of scouting failures where is the player responsibility?   These guys are having a chance of their lifetime.  They are auditioning for other teams also.  If nothing else, play with more fire.  Too much watching while the Lakers squad is just constantly out hustling the Mavs.

Comes back to scouting as well. Work ethic, hustle and intangibles are a part of it.
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:54 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: And who would that be?

Dorsey....sorry played overseas but college at Oregon and had a stint in the NBA.

I will say, I too am impressed with Lawson.  This team is so bad that I want to be careful of picking out the best of the worst.   He plays within the team though and it feels like his play style would work in the NBA.  Makes his shots when he takes them, doesn't force offense too much and plays good defense.

I think I am done with Moses Wright.   Too much not getting that board when needed.
Like Reply
A glimmer of hope. Intensity is up. At least it looks like they are trying.
Like Reply
Great defensive hands by JH...then he lost it in traffic...
Like Reply
Another jumper for JH...
Like Reply
Let's go! Let's cut it to 8!
Like Reply
JH started 0-5....then has gone 5-5 since.
Like Reply
Hardy should not be sent to the G League. If anyone needs to be learning daily from better coaches and teammates, it is him. You can see the difference in his game when there are a few more passes and some structure.
Like Reply