Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: Gm 5 84-95 loss, JH 15 pts, 3 ast, 3 rbd, 7 TO
Play a 2-1-2 zone offense. At least might get some good shots.  This is just painful to watch.
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:19 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Hardy is really pressing. 28 pts his 1st game, 32 pts in 3 games since. As a team, Dallas has the worst one in SL.

Super disappointing. Adds to the long list of evidence that the Mavs either don´t care about it or simply have no clue how to evaluate talent.
Like Reply
Kendall Brown and Josh Minnot have looked good. Nico better hope JH pans out.  Esplly if he had rated him in the top 20.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:25 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Kendall Brown and Josh Minnot have looked good. Nico better hope JH pans out.  Esplly if he had rated him in the top 20.

Yep a bunch of guys I liked better than JH, definitely look better than him right now.
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:25 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Adds to the long list of evidence that the Mavs either don´t care about it or simply have no clue how to evaluate talent.

I don't care if the Mavs don't care about SL, but they sure as hell need to care about the DRAFT. So all I care about right now is their eval on JH. I am super concerned right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
AJ Lawson looks like the better prospect than Hardy. Wright has picked it up as well.
Like Reply
This continues to be my only hope with JH:

First 8 Games:
17.1 PTS | 5.0 REB | 3.8 AST
1.4 STL | 3.3 TOV | 28.8 USG% | 45.5 TS%
32.9 FG% | 25.9 3P% | 90.5 FT%

Second 8 Games:
17.6 PTS | 2.9 REB | 2.9 AST
0.8 STL | 3.9 TOV | 31.2 USG% | 54.0 TS%
37.1 FG% | 27.8 3P% | 70.0 FT%

Last 8 Games:
22.5 PTS | 4.9 REB | 4.1 AST
1.8 STL | 2.9 TOV | 30.8 USG% | 54.9 TS%
42.2 FG% | 37.7 3P% | 85.7 FT%

His GLeague stats point to how maybe he struggles when he is new to a system and guys are unfamiliar with each other. Maybe he is a system player more than a pick-up player. 

But when I watch his film or here in SL, I just don't see a guy who looks like an NBA player. There were flashes in game 1 of SL, but that's it.
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:28 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: AJ Lawson looks like the better prospect than Hardy. Wright has picked it up as well.

Hardy looks like he has lost some confidence.  Need to just focus on defense and energy.  Offense will come. At this point he is pressing and focusing too much on offense.
Like Reply
Hardy looks like a project...definitely will need a redshirt/G-League rookie year.
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't care if the Mavs don't care about SL, but they sure as hell need to care about the DRAFT. So all I care about right now is their eval on JH. I am super concerned right now.

Mavs should leave no stone unturned. Small things matter. Chances are that most summer league players never make it in the NBA. Doesn´t mean that the Mavs shouldn´t try their hardest to find one of the few exceptions.
Draft is basically the same story. 2nd round picks rarely pan out. Why even try?
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:35 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Hardy looks like a project...definitely will need a redshirt/G-League rookie year.

What will G league do?  It is a league that builds up bad habits and seems to lack a real structure.  Either keep him on the roster to work with better coaches and teammates or see if he is open to playing in Europe for a year.
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:35 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Draft is basically the same story. 2nd round picks rarely pan out. Why even try?

But they DID try with JH. They spent two 2nds to get him.
Like Reply
I see a blowout forthcoming..
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: But they DID try with JH. They spent two 2nds to get him.

So to me I see signs that they DO care....but I am massively doubting their scouting abilities right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 09:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: But they DID try with JH. They spent two 2nds to get him.

They spent two 2nds because they didn´t want to use cash. Had no problem to throw away future picks instead.
I guess they are really high on Hardy (will tell us something about the 2nd aspect we mentioned...talent evaluation).
Like Reply
Well that was a nice layup by JH!
Like Reply
And another bucket!
Like Reply
NOW A THREE!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1548499020066070528
Like Reply
Don't matter if you can't stop the other team. Lakers cutting and dominating the paint.
Like Reply