Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreign superteam
How awesome would it be for all Non-American players to show up all the AAU guys and force a trade to 1 team to build a superteam that can’t be beat. Would be an amazing end to LeBron’s “legacy”. 

Luka/SGA/Siakam/Giannis/Jokic

Just as a starting 5.
Like Reply
Let's pull the trigger on these trades! Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Time Machine Dirk's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(01-02-2023, 02:43 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: How awesome would it be for all Non-American players to show up all the AAU guys and force a trade to 1 team to build a superteam that can’t be beat. Would be an amazing end to LeBron’s “legacy”. 

Just as a starting 5.

I think the concept would be amazing, and we might see something like this within our lifetime, I suppose. 

I didn't know SGA wasn't American.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(01-02-2023, 11:20 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think the concept would be amazing, and we might see something like this within our lifetime, I suppose. 

I didn't know SGA wasn't American.
He’s Canadian, so almost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Heck, even just all Euro would have Luka/Giannis/Jokic, we could possibly not screw that trio up!
Like Reply
(01-02-2023, 02:43 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: How awesome would it be for all Non-American players to show up all the AAU guys and force a trade to 1 team to build a superteam that can’t be beat. Would be an amazing end to LeBron’s “legacy”. 

Just as a starting 5.

Good idea. But unfortunately, not enough basketballs to go around -- every one of these players wants (and needs) the ball in their hands a huge amount of the time, to have the impact they do on games.
Like Reply
(01-02-2023, 02:09 PM)F Gump Wrote: Good idea. But unfortunately, not enough basketballs to go around -- every one of these players wants (and needs) the ball in their hands a huge amount of the time, to have the impact they do on games.

And the American all-stars don't need the basketballs?
Take your pick to make the best team possible:

Curry
Durant
Lebron
Tatum
Harden
Kyrie
Davis
Kawhi
Trae 
Mitchell
Beal

All of those guys are ball dominant that need the ball to do their own thing yet every Olympics they make it work. You don't think a triumvirate of  Luka/Jokic/Giannis couldn't figure it out?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime, omahen
Like Reply
(01-02-2023, 02:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: And the American all-stars don't need the basketballs?
Take your pick to make the best team possible:

Curry
Durant
Lebron
Tatum
Harden
Kyrie
Davis
Kawhi
Trae 
Mitchell
Beal

All of those guys are ball dominant that need the ball to do their own thing yet every Olympics they make it work. You don't think a triumvirate of  Luka/Jokic/Giannis couldn't figure it out?

I think I'd argue that most US Olympic teams have been selected from great individual players, not the best possible TEAM.  Our level of talent has been so superior to most other countries', that the lack of balance and cohesiveness hasn't kept us from winning - most of the time.
Like Reply
Where is Dwight Powell on this super team?
Like Reply
(01-02-2023, 07:14 PM)cow Wrote: Where is Dwight Powell on this super team?

Starting ahead of Jokic, earning the biggest paycheck, leading the team as captain.

[Image: R.6dcd6045351670f339859bf167bdea20?rik=f...ImgRaw&r=0]
Like Reply