Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
https://twitter.com/FlexFromJersey/status/1543099015444709377?s=20&t=5WtW7SQwIjZU4ClHZbzqEg

(07-02-2022, 02:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...9384156160

See, that's kind of the right value, imo. 

If there's someone on this roster Morey wants for Thybulle, my strong suspicion is that it's THJ. He wants shooting. And, although I'm going to get flamed for daring to say this, I bet the Mavs are the ones who said no.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 02:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If there's someone on this roster Morey wants for Thybulle, my strong suspicion is that it's THJ. He wants shooting. And, although I'm going to get flamed for daring to say this, I bet the Mavs are the ones who said no.

Flamed?! I sure hope not.

You are spot on. THJ is arguably worth more than Matisse in today's NBA. I personally see them as worth the same, but easy to make the case that shooting is most valuable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...9685442562
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...1296638977
Like Reply
Luka
SD?
DFS?
Wood
Maxi?

Where is the big move coming? Are Luka and Wood the only two set starters for next season. Could we get a better wing that DFS. A better guard than SD, or a better Center than Maxi.

IMO Wood is fitting the Luka scheme so well, he will be a starter. SD might be moved along with THJ. For a guard with even better fit along with Luka. DFS is great but really lacks playmaking, so if a clearly better wing is available that needs to be considered. He cant match offensively what GSW was doing from each of their players.

Maxi is to stay as they cant risk that, the bigs with his skills are so rare and he is teamplayer. He provides D and is crucial.

Powell, THJ, and surprisingly SD and DFS could all be upgraded IMO. They are all good players, but not championship level when it comes to WCF and Finals.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 03:10 PM)burekemde Wrote: Where is the big move coming?

Skin Wade mentioned DP, Maxi, Wood, and THJ as the names he thought most likely to be moved by the end of August.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 02:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: See, that's kind of the right value, imo. 

If there's someone on this roster Morey wants for Thybulle, my strong suspicion is that it's THJ. He wants shooting. And, although I'm going to get flamed for daring to say this, I bet the Mavs are the ones who said no.

Really interesting how would they pull this off. Philly is hard capped and over 150 mil of salaries if my math is right. Gordon contract is 20 mil and roughly same value would have to go out. I think they can't do it with their small contracts (Korkmaz is biggest at 5 mil), so the only way is a deal involving Harris. But that would require way more salary coming back and Houston can't help with that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 03:16 PM)omahen Wrote: Really interesting how would they pull this off. Philly is hard capped and over 150 mil of salaries if my math is right. Gordon contract is 20 mil and roughly same value would have to go out. I think they can't do it with their small contracts (Korkmaz is biggest at 5 mil), so the only way is a deal involving Harris. But that would require way more salary coming back and Houston can't help with that.

VintagePeja in discord threw this out there:

Dwight Powell + Eric Gordon to PHI
Matisse Thybulle + Tobias Harris to DAL
Tim Hardaway Jr. + Josh Green + PHI pick to HOU
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 03:18 PM)Smitty Wrote: VintagePeja in discord threw this out there:

Dwight Powell + Eric Gordon to PHI
Matisse Thybulle + Tobias Harris to DAL
Tim Hardaway Jr. + Josh Green + PHI pick to HOU

Interesting proposal. I would send THJ to Philly and Powell to Houston.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 03:21 PM)omahen Wrote: Interesting proposal. I would send THJ to Philly and Powell to Houston.

My thoughts, exactly. Don't know if that screws up the math (it might) but THJ is 100% what Morey would want. Possibly more than Gordon, tbh. They already have Harden and Maxey to handle the ball. They need SHOOTING.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 03:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: My thoughts, exactly. Don't know if that screws up the math (it might) but THJ is 100% what Morey would want. Possibly more than Gordon, tbh. They already have Harden and Maxey to handle the ball. They need SHOOTING.

So, Philly just traded for Melton and then in this scenario they’re getting Gordon. Not sure where the room is for THJ. They also signed House. Powell gives them a back-up C, which they do not have, on an expiring contract. It cuts Philly’s payroll for next season down by 11M, so they can pay Harden more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 03:38 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: So, Philly just traded for Melton and then in this scenario they’re getting Gordon.

What I'm suggesting is that they'd prefer THJ over Gordon.

So, I personally don't think it works, though very creative.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 03:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What I'm suggesting is that they'd prefer THJ over Gordon.

Harden, Tucker, and House acquisitions would suggest a fondness for former Rockets. I also think it is debatable who is better between Gordon and THJ.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 03:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What I'm suggesting is that they'd prefer THJ over Gordon.

There have been quite a few reports that PHI wants Gordon. Once of which was a rumor that Thybulle was part of the package, but not possible as a 2-team trade. Add in the report of the Mavs reported interest in Thybulle.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 03:44 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: suggest a fondness for former Rockets.

That's a good point.

(07-02-2022, 03:44 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: I also think it is debatable who is better between Gordon and THJ.

Yes, for sure, but it's not debatable that they're different types of players. Could be wrong, but if I'm Morey I'm trying to find a relocation shooter, not a ball-handler. 

And there's a 0% chance Houston wants anything to do with a role player, in his prime, locked up for years to come like Hardaway. That's the most obvious youth movement in the league right now.

(07-02-2022, 03:45 PM)Smitty Wrote: There have been quite a few reports that PHI wants Gordon.

Yep, they're clearly making the rounds, trying to turn Thybulle into a less offensively challenged wing. I'm just talking about my read on what their preference might be.
Like Reply
If we're looking for a "fire sale" and some potential buy low candidates, I'd say Utah is the rock to lift. 

Can I interest anyone in Mike Conley? Rudy Gay? Vanderbilt? 

I bet all three of those guys move this summer.
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 04:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If we're looking for a "fire sale" and some potential buy low candidates, I'd say Utah is the rock to lift. 

Conley looked done to me. No strong opinion either way on the other two.
Like Reply
I've never heard of buying low from Danny Ainge..lol
[-] The following 4 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 01:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: One reason I believe it's going to be a 3-team deal is Ayton. I didn't know this a few days ago, but apparently teams are only allowed to have one rookie-max-extension player on their roster at a time? 

So, for Ayton to get the contract he wants and end up in BRK, Simmons would have to be traded away. I'm sure that option has been discussed.

Ayton to BKN is not a realistic option, but this isn't why. (The rule you mention isn't about salary but rather about years.) But Ayton isn't a problem on that front, because he is not a player who has a "designated player" rookie extension --- he declined an extension and is now a FA.

What makes Ayton a non-starter to BKN is the fact he would have to be a sign-and-trade. But BKN is well over the apron (for apron purposes, I see more than 180M doing a quick rough addition) which means they can't trade for a player via SNT.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-02-2022, 04:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If we're looking for a "fire sale" and some potential buy low candidates, I'd say Utah is the rock to lift. 

I have interest. Not sure they’d move Vanderbilt though. But Conley, Bojan, Gay, and now Beverley all seem unlikely to stick there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply