Poll: Should Kammrath continue to moderate/admin?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, Kammrath should continue to moderate/admin with all of his opinions and biases.
79.55%
35 79.55%
No, Kammrath should not continue to moderate/admin, his opinions and biases are a detriment to the site.
20.45%
9 20.45%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
Should Kammrath continue to be a moderator/admin?
Question 
So recently there has been a lot of angst expressed toward me (Kammrath) as moderator/admin.

I only chose to step up and moderate/admin around here in the hopes of creating a place for us fans to gather when we lost our last place to gather. This was envisioned as a fan-driven site, free from any corporate interests. But in the move, you the fans didn't get a choice in who would be your moderators and admins (it was chaotic in the move and we just had to make things happen). So here is your chance (at least with me) to voice your opinion.

• If y'all want me to continue to moderate/admin, then I will be glad to continue and do my best to make this a place to gather and talk Mavs. BUT I will do so while continuing to express my honest opinions (no matter how unpopular they may be). I am not interested in ceasing to be a fan with real opinions on here. I will continue to moderate/admin in the ways I have been.
  • If y'all want me to cease to moderate/admin, then I will gladly step down and disappear (don't imagine I will continue on here much, if at all) to spend more quality time with my wife and kids. There will be no hard feelings from me, because moderating and admining is NOT enjoyable and you take a lot of shit from anonymous people with no positive benefits to doing it. So I will not miss it one bit.

So make the choice. Seriously choose what you think is best for this message board and its future. This isn't and shouldn't be about me (so don't make it personal), but about this place being a good place to talk Mavs that is moderated and admined in a way y'all want.
Like Reply
How much do you really need to moderate this site beyond the random spam attacks?  We don't have a lot of users or activities nor do we have a lot of clowns.  People do tend to take this site too seriously and need to talk to each other more nicely, but even when our claws are out, I don't think that requires a lot of moderation.   If you do a lot of moderation, and this goes for the rest of the team, I think you guys do a good job because it isn't noticeable.   My advice to people conversating with the moderating team, heated or not, don't treat it any differently than conversations with other users.  Just because you disagree with a moderators POV, doesn't mean they are using their elevated status to skew the conversation.  That's a long way of saying, no you shouldn't step down.

Steps for success:

-Grow up (except me)
-Lighten up
-It's not that serious.
-We all love each other except my mortal enemy SleepingHero
-Stop trying to trade Dorian
-All Hail God King
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Mavs made it to the WCF for the 5th time in franchise history. Made it out of the first round for the first time since 2011. Can we please have something nice without being at each other`s throat. Thank you.
Like Reply
You being admin is perfectly fine, you just don't need to take things personally when people disagree with you. The internet is made for trolling.
Like Reply
The Wiggins Dunk images made me cry inside a little.  It is borderline abusive especially coming from my virtual supervisor and assumed ally.  But I've had tough jobs working under insensitive managers before, and I would like to think I am a better person for having gone through it.  I am just grateful it was Wiggins and not Draymond that dunked over Luka or I might be broken.
Like Reply
Everyone has opinions. As long as you aren't banning people for their's I'm fine with you being an admin. I haven't seen you do that so...no reason to change.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
Wow, seems like I've missed some fireworks.
Like Reply
I think Kamm does a valuable service as a moderator. I would hope we could get in less personal back-and-forths with each other. I don't spend as much time on the site as I used to but I do want us to not attack each other which I see from time to time (and I am not speaking ab Kamm specifically, just generally what I observe sometimes).
[-] The following 4 users Like StepBackJay's post:
  • BasketballJones41, burekemde, KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I pretty much tend to agree with everyone else here.

Kam! You're a great mod. You do a lot of posting and updating here that's invaluable. I appreciate your takes on the roster (even if I don't agree with them all the time). More often than not you're correct with your predictions and you stand by your takes, which is a rare thing nowadays. The only downfall I think you have is that when someone disagrees with you, or tries to push your buttons, you tend to take it very hard and let it get to you. 

We're all Mav fans here and want the Mavs to succeed. Lets keep the discussion going and not let perceived slights get in the way of it. Unless of course you're apart of the inferior bovine faction. If so then the only remedy to me is trading away DFS for Will Barton. Then waiving Willy B to get us out of that contract.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 04:21 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: We're all Mav fans here and want the Mavs to succeed. Lets keep the discussion going and not let perceived slights get in the way of it. Unless of course you're apart of the inferior bovine faction. If so then the only remedy to me is trading away DFS for Will Barton. Then waiving Willy B to get us out of that contract.

[Image: 200.gif]

p.s.  I voted no on accident.  Or did I?
Like Reply
I don't think there's anything wrong with the moderation of the site.

The only thing I would say is maybe don't make the Dirkie threads if you're gonna put your hand so hard on the scale it becomes about that instead of a debate about the best player like it should be.
Like Reply
Personally do not see Kam removing posts/banning people because they argue with him or express differing opinions... so he is cool from that standpoint.

I would add that calling out an opinion and then blasting that opinion because the person expressing it is a mod, should not be an acceptable practice.

I argue with Kam on occasion but would not ever try to diminish his right to express/argue simply because he is a mod. That is trash and probably worthy of the community taking offense.

My 2cent piece
[-] The following 2 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Kamm, I appreciate the time you give to this site.  I probably would have voted for Luka game 4.  (Well, unless Cow threatened me about DFS) 

Most of the Dirkie polls have been just fine.  This one was a little lite with choices.  That being said, I hate to see you take any grief over this.  It is just a poll and anyone can write in the comments their view on the matter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
We need active and passionate people to keep this board going, and Kamm does a good job of that as a mod. I think the arguments about Luka are horribly off base at times, but it’s not like you are a troll mod or blocking conflicting opinions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Kamm for the Dirkie!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • fifteenth, Jommybone, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Wow so much drama, we are all on the same team guys.. and just over a Dirkie thread too, its so silly.
All I know is I am always looking forward to Kamm posts - be it game threads, Mavs-relate tweets that I otherwise will not be able to see elsewhere, and other great Mavs content. He is one of the biggest contributors to this site content wise - we need more people like those, be it mod or just regular members.
We express our opinions and move on with our lives.
[-] The following 4 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • ballsrchr, BasketballJones41, Jmaciscool, Jommybone
Like Reply
I’m a Kam fan. I think he relies too much on stats, which is seriously no crime of any sort. I think he expects too much of Luka, who is human after all (though we should be forgiven for occasionally thinking otherwise). I wish Kam was kinder to guys with short arms, like me. But in every other way, the dude is perfection. I would vote for him for President WAY ahead of Biden, Trump, HRC, Ted Cruz, Pence or Kamala. I would let him house sit with my dogs. I would trust him as my Uber driver. I would give up my aisle seat and move to the middle for him. And I think his posts on this board are a big part of what makes it a great place.

P.S. Game threads excepted. Those are not so great. The negativity is so overwhelming it makes my ears bleed (figuratively).
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • fifteenth, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 10:36 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I’m a Kam fan. I think he relies too much on stats, which is seriously no crime of any sort. I think he expects too much of Luka, who is human after all (though we should be forgiven for occasionally thinking otherwise). I wish Kam was kinder to guys with short arms, like me. But in every other way, the dude is perfection. I would vote for him for President WAY ahead of Biden, Trump, HRC, Ted Cruz, Pence or Kamala. I would let him house sit with my dogs. I would trust him as my Uber driver. I would give up my aisle seat and move to the middle for him. And I think his posts on this board are part of what makes it a great place.

P.S. Game threads excepted. Those are not so great. The negativity is so overwhelming it makes my ears bleed (figuratively).

Well played. You definitely had me laughing. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth, Jommybone
Like Reply
Should Kamm stay or resign as the admin? 

Yes. Smile
Like Reply
You don’t know anything about basketball, but your passion for the Mavs and the board are legendary. You should continue to be a mod 100%.

XOXO - #1 Dwight hater
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply