Poll: Who should start?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THjr
57.58%
19 57.58%
Curry
42.42%
14 42.42%
Both
0%
0 0%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Massacre] Semi Serious Battle: Curry vs. Hardaway who starts.
Curry is nice as a starter, but I think Hardaway fits better with the starters as his personality let's him adjust much better when paired with better players than him. He has a hard time taking a backseat and staying within himself when paired with the bench players.

Curry might perform better with the starters than with the bench, as the bench currently has a logjam of ballhandling guards.

Or let them start both.

Porzingis, THjr, Curry, Doncic, Finney-Smith

Let the muddy battle begin!! Angel
Like Reply
this poll is going to be Mavs vs G League Warriors like
Like Reply
I'm not even going to entertain playing THJ more than 15 minutes a night. The dude's entire archetype is that he's a streaky shooter that makes incredibly boneheaded choices on the offensive end. 

He had 1 good game which he was due, but we know that its going to accompany 8 more terrible games where we rue the day that the Knicks incredulously signed him to that contract. 

I'd prefer if THJ was glued to the bench and only was played against the G-league teams.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
He has a hard time staying within himself period. It´s not like he showed improved shot selection or decision making yesterday. Only difference was him having a hot shooting night. I saw at least two midrange pull ups, a face up 3 and a "I don´t know what I am doing" iso turnover.
Law of averages tells me that for every hot shooting night he has at least 5 bad ones. Curry is more consistent and knows his role.

In my opinion not playing THJ at all is the best option.
Like Reply
THJ has two votes! That's more than I thought he'd get.
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 12:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: THJ has two votes! That's more than I thought he'd get.

We can't all be haters
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 12:08 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: We can't all be haters

LOL, well, I've actually defended THJ against the constant onslaught of fan disapproval. I just don't think he should start. And it's mainly because I like Seth and DFS so much in the starting lineup and I'm resolved to the fact that we're playing 2 bigs in the starting lineup.
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 12:24 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 12:08 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: We can't all be haters

LOL, well, I've actually defended THJ against the constant onslaught of fan disapproval. I just don't think he should start. And it's mainly because I like Seth and DFS so much in the starting lineup and I'm resolved to the fact that we're playing 2 bigs in the starting lineup.

You are definitely the defender of the universe, might rename yourself He-Man.

If you prefer Thundercats, that might be valid too.
Like Reply
No thanks to THJ starting. I'd rather he not play more than 15 minutes and I'd be ok if he never played another minute. 1 great game isn't worth the 5-10 bad games that will follow. Maybe he can stay hot long enough to build his value up. I was really hoping he would be a go to 6th man and consistent this year, but he just can't help himself with poor shot selections. He thinks he's Allen Iverson or Kobe when he touches the ball. I actually think he has the talent to be a great role player/spark plug, but mentally he can't play within his talent. Maybe he thinks because his dad could light people up so can he. I'm just not sure what he's thinking.
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 12:38 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: You are definitely the defender of the universe, might rename yourself He-Man.

Oh, I'm definitely against lots of things! Maybe we just haven't talked about all those things yet.  Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 12:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 12:38 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: You are definitely the defender of the universe, might rename yourself He-Man.

Oh, I'm definitely against lots of things! Maybe we just haven't talked about all those things yet.  Big Grin

So you are the Anti-Monitor too? That's impressive now.
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 12:48 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: So you are the Anti-Monitor too?

What is Anti-Monitor, Precious?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 11:20 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Curry is nice as a starter, but I think Hardaway fits better with the starters as his personality let's him adjust much better when paired with better players than him. He has a hard time taking a backseat and staying within himself when paired with the bench players.

Curry might perform better with the starters than with the bench, as the bench currently has a logjam of ballhandling guards.

Or let them start both.

No offense....Stop falling in love with the anamoly.  Carlisle called Curry the starter last night after the game, and said that he won't lose his starting job because he was sick with an injury.

Also...I'm not buying this THJ.  He took 7 shots...amazing.  Expecting that to keep up is like expecting us to keep winning by 40, imho.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 01:21 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 11:20 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Curry is nice as a starter, but I think Hardaway fits better with the starters as his personality let's him adjust much better when paired with better players than him. He has a hard time taking a backseat and staying within himself when paired with the bench players.

Or let them start both.

No offense....Stop falling in love with the anamoly.  Carlisle called Curry the starter last night after the game, and said that he won't lose his starting job because he was sick with an injury.

Also...I'm not buying this THJ.  He took 7 shots...amazing.  Expecting that to keep up is like expecting us to keep winning by 40, imho.

Seems to me like you are offended by the THjr campaign, which isn't all that serious. 
What I'm serious about is that starting might be his best fit. He isn't a good bench player. Has nothing to do with the golden state game.
Like Reply
I do think that Tim fits better with the starters and it seems like he doesn't jack up as many bad shots. I would be okay with either Curry or Hardaway starting though.
Like Reply
Neither guy should be starting but if I had to choose, it is without question Tim Hardaway Junior. 

I know his shooting percentages blow but it's still a small sample size and due to terrible shot selection. As others alluded to already, with Luka, KP, etc. he is held in check, can't jack up the shots he relapses to. Furthermore, he at least has some size at 6'6 whereas Seth is 6'1 weighing about a buck-50 with the wind blowing in. 

Seth has the worst defensive rating on the team. His on/off is second worst at -12.5!!! 

THJ for all his worthlessness, has the BEST on/off court on the team at +15.9!!! 

Last game was THJ's first start, and the Mavs won by nearly 50 pts. Coincidence? I think not. That's something a Seth affiliated starting line-up hasn't done all year and likely never will.
Like Reply
(11-22-2019, 01:02 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Seth has the worst defensive rating on the team. His on/off is second worst at -12.5!!! 

can't use a short sample size lineup stat in that way...or at least you shouldn't

and how could anyone take anything you say about Seth seriously? You've already shown your cards

btw, I think an argument could be made for THJ but that's not it!
Like Reply
The “advanced” stats and the eye test say THJ is clearly a better player, though neither are really good (Seth is below average so he loses this argument). That said, I have to give THJ credit.  I hated his game last year, but this year, he’s playing D, passing, and taking fewer shots when he’s not square to the basket.  I think the experience as a bench player has triggered him to become a more conscientious player.  His size also gives the Mavs starting lineup a unique feel (no short players).
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 08:32 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: His size also gives the Mavs starting lineup a unique feel (no short players).
I think Mark had THJ in mind as a starter when he said Wright would be the shortest starter in the offseason. This is also a nice departure of the short ball that RC has played for so many years.
Like Reply
Just keep using this lineup until we stop winning by 45 ppg 
Not like Curry was promised the starting spot when he signed (I'd prefer that he ends games over THJ if its actually close though)
Like Reply