Poll: How many threes will the Mavs hit this game? O/U 14.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
62.50%
5 62.50%
Under
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4: DAL (2-2) vs. UTA (2-2)| 99-100 loss.
Knee jerk reaction warning in full effect.

That just made this series incredibly scary. Utah being allowed to play football while the Mavs have to play patty cake does not bode well.
Like Reply
Sticking with my original prediction: Utah in 6.
Like Reply
I’m sure the Utah fans are saying, just think, a few bounces our way and this series is over 4-0. Also, may this serve as a reminder, you can’t keep the performance of the players in the past games and just plug in Luka’s numbers to make a case for a win.

That said, I have still been surprised at the really good play of this team so far in this series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
The further this series goes, you just have to hope the Jazz players get worn down, especially Bojan, Conley, and Mitchell vs. Luka who should be fresh. Clarkson has been unstoppable...if he just has one bad game then the Jazz are in trouble
Like Reply
Dwight Powell "defense"

[Image: 2duhacd7nju71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...4a0394dc49]
Like Reply
(04-23-2022, 06:28 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: If Bog is going to be allowed to mug JB and Luka full court the rest of the series this just got a lot tougher.  He should have fouled out 3 times. 

I can’t state enough how much I hate that final set.  If you’re going to involve Luka to draw the double and force them to rotate then get into it sooner.  If you’re going to go late then just use the Luka gravity to let JB go to work.  

Spencer Dinwiddie has to show up at some point.  Yes he has had some 4th quarter moments.  But his minutes tonight were game losing minutes.

Should have gone for the 2 at the end especially with Luka doubled like that. Gobert cant cover the mid range 2 so well and the perimeter with Luka doubled.
Like Reply
(04-23-2022, 07:20 PM)burekemde Wrote: Should have gone for the 2 at the end especially with Luka doubled like that. Gobert cant cover the mid range 2 so well and the perimeter with Luka doubled.

One thing on the replay of it…a baseline cut by DFS is a game winning dunk.  Rudy was going to rotate to Spence as soon as Luka went flat instead of downhill, he has to.  Play probably has to happen a second or two sooner but a Dodo cut is either a dunk or Spence is now wide open in Rudy sees the cut.  Either way Luka gets to make Gobert wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
I was listening to the Mavs Moneyball After Dark podcast, and Josh Bowe checked all of the 4th quarter possessions. The Mavericks only took 1 shot against Mitchell as the primary defender - it was a miss by Brunson. The 4th quarter offense really was bad, only 18 points after scoring 39 in the 3rd. Luka wasn’t moving the ball, and he was settling for the pick-and-roll switches that gave him Gobert - not really a matchup to attack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Yes, Powell should have made those free throws. But for me, there was just way too much Powell at the end there...for a guy who never plays crunchtime minutes, that can't be the guy getting so many touches and going the line to decide the game. I know he just made a nice finish on a lob earlier but still, if that's the player deciding the outcome then the Jazz will take that EVERY time. It was clear they were content to send him to the FT line to save 13 seconds.

I don't want to see anything like that again...if we win or lose then it needs to be through Luka/Brunson/DFS/or even Dinwiddie. Can't take the bait because the Jazz want you to go to your weakest link on the floor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply