Poll: Do the Mavs break 100 points tonight as a team?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
90.00%
9 90.00%
No
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 3: DAL (2-1) vs. UTA (1-2)| 126-118 WIN!!!!
I think the biggest thing in this game was that the Mavs really did withstand Utah's best shot yet. They got huge games from their best 4 players, it wasn't like game 2 where Mitchell, Gobert, and Conley were horrible on offense. And Utah still lost. They had all the momentum in the 2nd half up to when they cut the lead to 1, but the Mavs responded and shut them down the rest of the way. If they can't beat the Luka-less Mavs, at home, while shooting 56%, they're in huge trouble.
[-] The following 3 users Like Branduil's post:
  • burekemde, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 12:44 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: JB/Spencer have stepped up big time in Luka's absence but we can't keep relying on them.

And the minutes that Bullock and DFS have been playing aren't exactly sustainable either.
I'm amazed at how fresh both have seemed at the of these games but it'll catch up eventually

Luka's size makes it a lot easier to rest them a bit
Like Reply
Hat tip to the Dallas bench for taking a public relations beating in that first game.

Particularly to Green. Kidd somehow figured out a way to change things up for him. Good coaching all the way here, and good for Green who never got rattled.
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:20 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Let´s not bid against ourselves, but I can see an argument for 110/5, which is still a ton of money. 22M/year.

I think $22 mil might be the starting salary if Dallas adds Max years and raises, so closer to 5 years and $130 million.

Hi, my name is Sken...

And uh... 

I have Steve Nash flashbacks
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 12:21 AM)windjc Wrote: But it doesn't matter. Luka will play Game 4 and we will find out.
The beauty is that Luka isn't going to have to be all-world in his first game back. He extends the rotations, brings gravity to the court and lets DAL be big while playing small. Watching the team win should help him understand and trust how the team is playing. If I was Kidd, I would be explicit about not trying to prove your All NBA status right off the bat.
[-] The following 4 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, MFFL, Paul Gasol, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 08:06 AM)michaeltex Wrote: The beauty is that Luka isn't going to have to be all-world in his first game back. He extends the rotations, brings gravity to the court and lets DAL be big while playing small. Watching the team win should help him understand and trust how the team is playing. If I was Kidd, I would be explicit about not trying to prove your All NBA status right off the bat.

Agree.  Additionally, I’m a little worried about his D.  Unless Bertans is on the floor, Utah is having difficulty hunting a mismatch.  Gimpy Luka may provide one.
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:18 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: People still loving Gobert? I just don't see it with him as being that missing piece. You can't be paid Top-3 on the roster and be a player that can be taken out of games in the playoffs when opponents find ways to adjust. Yes he's a great rim protector but what happens when you play teams in the playoffs that can go small and make it rain from three like the Mavs? And while this Mavs performance has been incredible, they are not even close to one of the better shooting teams in the league. If the Mavs are giving the Jazz problems with their floor-spacing offense, think about what the Warriors, Suns, etc. would do.

And on offense, yes he's a great rim roller but defenses aren't going to just let him get lobs/dunks every possession in the playoffs. Plus he has no 3-pt range. If he developed an outside shot to just be respectable for a center, then you could talk me into it.

Suns, Warriors don't play the same dumb scheme Utah plays, and Ayton, Looney and Green have the defensive chops to switch and stay in front of guards. Totally different then Utah who gives up too many open looks. Won't be the case with Phx, GS.
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 09:24 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Suns, Warriors don't play the same dumb scheme Utah plays, and Ayton, Looney and Green have the defensive chops to switch and stay in front of guards. Totally different then Utah who gives up too many open looks. Won't be the case with Phx, GS.

You meant Pels and Memphis, didn't you??
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 12:44 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: Yeah, lets not be prisoners of the moment. Luka has to come back next game. This is still his team. And they need him.

JB/Spencer have stepped up big time in Luka's absence but we can't keep relying on them.

I think they sit Luka game 4 and let him come back at home in game 5 at as close to 100% as possible.
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 10:06 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: You meant Pels and Memphis, didn't you??

No. I meant Phoenix.That's who the Jazz would face if they got by Dallas which looks unlikely and if Phoenix knocks off the Pels, which looks tougher now with Booker out. Memphis vs Minny winner gets GS.
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 07:06 AM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: And uh... 

I have Steve Nash flashbacks

I still remember the moment in 04 when I first heard that Cuban wouldn't match the PHX contract. I was in my car and listening to sports radio. I actually shed a tear.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply