Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 13.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.00%
17 85.00%
Warriors
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 14: GSW (3-13) @ DAL (9-5) | 142-94 win
Heart 
[Image: EJv_3t4UUAAw956?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EJqkwAGVAAAnJOL?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Trap Game. Should crush them though.
Like Reply
Must win game!!!! Amirite?
Like Reply
Let's give the Warriors a spanking.
Like Reply
(11-19-2019, 12:58 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Trap Game. Should crush them though.

As long as we don't play down to the level of our opposition we should be ok. We seem to do that a lot, though.
Like Reply
We haven't blown anyone out yet this season.
Like Reply
One of the games Rick will be trying out new lineups?
Seems he's tightening the rotations for the good teams and is experimenting with the others.
Like Reply
GSW is playing tonight. No excuses!
Like Reply
So is the "Rick can't develop young players" narrative finally dead yet? 
So glad we kept him around
Like Reply
(11-19-2019, 09:50 PM)Jym Wrote: So is the "Rick can't develop young players" narrative finally dead yet? 
The same person who hated young players and wasn't a tanking coach?...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-19-2019, 09:19 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: GSW is playing tonight. No excuses!

Yeah, and they blew out the Grizzlies, so don't sleep on them.
Like Reply
Fantastic news for us they beat the Grizzlies. They're already in full tank mode and won't be in a rush to get another win for a few more games now that they've snapped their losing streak. We can probably play like crap and Kerr will go out of his way to try to gift us this one anyway. Just need to take care of business and put them down without needing their help putting themselves down
Like Reply
(11-19-2019, 09:50 PM)Jym Wrote: So is the "Rick can't develop young players" narrative finally dead yet? 

Rick didn't develop Luka if it is that what you mean.

https://out.reddit.com/t3_dyvrws?url=htt...om%2Fhcwgf&token=AQAApSDVXaugx2UzrAzaZdfmfxzpQwsVAx1HYvi6aSOxkf2QkK46&app_name=mweb2x

No Draymond tonight
Like Reply
I would really like to see THJ have a nice game. He is in a terrible slump lately and it is not just because he is taking tough/stupid shots. He had a couple of great looks against SA in the beginning and bricked them terribly. Than he wanted to make amends and tried to do too much, which resulted in additional couple of bad moves. 

I really hope they can take control early so they could reduce the minutes on Luka. Bench guys should be able to win this one if they play 100 %.
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 04:58 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Rick didn't develop Luka if it is that what you mean.

Luka would have been a superstar no matter who drafted him, but I'm pretty sure that Luka would tell you that Rick has helped him. Even Luka needs development. Luka may be someone who could kinda figure it out himself, develop himself, but give him a good coach and he'll reach even greater heights I think.
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 04:58 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote:

https://out.reddit.com/t3_dyvrws?url=htt...om%2Fhcwgf&token=AQAApSDVXaugx2UzrAzaZdfmfxzpQwsVAx1HYvi6aSOxkf2QkK46&app_name=mweb2x

No Draymond tonight

Yes wht player is RC developing Brunson and Jackson are losing minutes to Hardaway so  I am nost sure he is doing a  great job there. 

Rick as done a very good job with DFS but he as more bad games then good, but that is because he is forced into a role he is really not suited for.
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 09:54 AM)bartlettbear Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 04:58 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote:

No Draymond tonight

Yes wht player is RC developing Brunson and Jackson are losing minutes to Hardaway so  I am nost sure he is doing a  great job there. 

Rick as done a very good job with DFS but he as more bad games then good, but that is because he is forced into a role he is really not suited for.

THJ played 20+ minutes in the first 11 games. Only 19 against Toronto. Only 14 against San Antonio. Can only hope that the trend continues.
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 08:28 AM)omahen Wrote: He is in a terrible slump lately

I try not to dogpile, but that slump is pretty bad with lower than career numbers so far (and his career numbers are not all that good). With the exception of 3P makes and attempts, every single basic stat is lower (3P makes is tied, attempts is up). Some of that can be explained by his MPG being lower, but not with % and every % is lower.

Between THJ and Luka (2 of the 3 highest 3PA shooters on the team) they are shooting 15.1 threes per game and are making 30.6%. We know Luka shouldn't go anywhere, THJ on the other hand can't be so bad at 3P% (well, really, everything) while playing 22 mpg and us expect to win games, or keep leads, or any of the things we need to develop as a young up and coming team.
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 09:12 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 04:58 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Rick didn't develop Luka if it is that what you mean.

Luka would have been a superstar no matter who drafted him, but I'm pretty sure that Luka would tell you that Rick has helped him. Even Luka needs development. Luka may be someone who could kinda figure it out himself, develop himself, but give him a good coach and he'll reach even greater heights I think.

If you watch him as a 16/17 year old he literally plays exactly the same.

If anything Rick didn't hinder his development which is an accomplishment in itself, he stepped out of his way.
And the frontoffice cleared the path for him by trading all the egos who stood in his way as well.

Everyone still on the team isn't  staying in his way anymore.

Luka was a veteran and professional player as a rookie, of course Rick likes him. He also likes seasoned rookies.

He is a special person, not everyone fits with him, but it would be very weird to say he developed Luka.

He likes a certain type of personality and work ethic in his players, a level of maturity.

Luka is a unique mix of boy/youth/child and old man player.

I give Rick credit for enabling, but not for developing him.

"Special players like this need to be trusted," Carlisle says.

That's what Rick deserves a lot of credit for in my opinion.
Like Reply
Mavs win a close one. 116-108 when they pull away at the end
Like Reply