Poll: How many threes do the Mavs make this game? O/U 14.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
60.00%
6 60.00%
Under
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!!
(04-20-2022, 10:17 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think I view Josh's potential a bit higher and more tangible than you. A fact this season that consistently showed was that good things happen when Josh was on the court. He impacted the games that went beyond the box score. His sheer effort literally changed the tides of at least 3 games off the top of my head this season. 

He's a consistent 3pt shot from being the exact kind of wing this team needs. Viewing him from this lens I'd rather keep Green than use him in a short term trade for a center. 

If anything there are other guys that should carry more value and are less important on the roster (basically THJ) that could/should be used instead for an upgrade.

Yes, you see Green a bit higher... and by quite a bit. His "consistent" shot isn't being defended by anyone in a Utah uniform.

I pretty much agree with this writer at "Mavs Moneyball." Green is currently the only rotation player Gobert does NOT have to guard on the perimeter.

From Matthew Phillips at Mavs Moneyball

"The Mavericks are not a deep team when everyone is healthy. That depth becomes severely strained when Luka is unavailable. It is not fun to write something negative following a game that was as much fun as game 2, but Josh Green cannot play in a playoff series. It is hard to explain how truly awful he has been in these two games and how destructive he has been to his own team’s success in extremely limited minutes. In a perfect world, Green would be able to provide a poor man’s version of Bullock or Dorian Finney-Smith as an athletic “three and D” wing.

This is not a perfect world and in this one, Green has been truly unplayable. He has played 16 minutes and is one for nine from the floor. The nine shots in 16 minutes represents a huge uptick in shot volume for Green, but that is because the Jazz literally are not guarding him which is why he cannot play."
Like Reply
(04-19-2022, 07:26 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: It is certainly disappointing, but not terribly unexpected.  My view of his outlook hasn't changed really.  When was the last time Josh played on this big of a stage?  A single Conference Tournament game as a college freshman (where he scored 19 on 50% shooting)?  People say the NBA playoffs are almost a different sport than the regular season.  So, after what is essentially his rookie season we expect what?

Josh has been brought along VERY slowly this season.  This is really the first time he's had much expected of him and the first time he's faced much adversity.  I think what we are seeing is out of character for him.  As I said a day or two ago, he's never had an 0/4 game from 3 and shot 45% in the games he took three or more 3's.  Unfortunately, Kidd doesn't have the time to let him work it out on court.  If the shots fall...great.  If not...Reggie, we need 45 again tonight.  Will it destroy his confidence?  The story (even for this series) isn't written yet.

I think we better all hope either he or Bertans have an 8 to 11 point game in Utah and Dinwiddie goes off for 25 in the same game.  We are not going to get 41 and 25 from JB and Maxi the next two games.  Even if we got 30 and 12, we need to make up 18 points somewhere and there are only so many places to turn if Luka isn't back in games 3 and 4.  If Green could just have a 2/3 night from deep and hit a fast break layup, it would be a huge lift.

Could someone please change my nickname to #1 Green Defender
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 05:37 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Could someone please change my nickname to #1 Green Defender

#1 is taken pal, but you can have #2  Cool Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes juanc's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 06:14 AM)juanc Wrote: #1 is taken pal, but you can have #2  Cool Big Grin

Top 3 ain't bad...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
I'll take Josh "Trade Me" Green
Like Reply