Poll: Who steps up to lead the Mavs to victory?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Brunson
35.71%
5 35.71%
Dinwiddie
42.86%
6 42.86%
Bullock
0%
0 0%
DFS
14.29%
2 14.29%
Powell
0%
0 0%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Someone else (mention who!)
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 1: UTA (1-0) vs. DAL (0-1)| 99-93 Loss
https://twitter.com/i/status/1514974326130450444
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/151507...Sbz4YqAAAA

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/151508...LU0oYqAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Kind of feels like whoever takes game 1 is going to win this series.  Mavs can't afford to dig a hole and if they do, it lessens the likelihood of a Doncic return.
Like Reply
Long time lurker, first time poster. Hard to get up for this one. I hope this recent turn of events serves as a wake up call for Luka. Strange season bookended by bad beginning and end. Whatever happens for the rest of playoffs I feel like there is a pall hanging over this team. Luka has suffered two significant injuries this season; both times he was playing meaningless minutes in a game whose conclusion was foregone. I’ve been critical of Kidd for this but I actually think it’s more likely Luka is to blame because a) he lives to play and b) likes his stats more than he’d care to admit.

I don’t want to think/feel this way. But I think it’s pretty obvious our guy does things his way. It may be part of what sets him apart, but if it continues it could also be his undoing. I don’t care so much about the dumb techs he racks up. I feel like a lot of that is attributable to terrible officiating; Luka legit gets hacked almost non-stop all game most games.

I think it’s a shame that Luka is going to miss this game and for all we know the rest of these playoffs possibly . I hope he learns from this setback and listens to his team— coaches, trainers, teammates, family, confidants— and doesn’t rush back and get injured further. And that he is smarter about the way he handles his body going forward. This are the two big takeaways. I also hope that maybe this injury situation empowers Kidd to grow a pair and reign in his superstar if that is in fact an issue. And finally, I hope we can get another guy who can help carry the load— if not next season, then asap. Another scorer/ball handler to lighten Luka’s load to either augment or upgrade what SD and Jalen bring.

Luka is truly on a top 5 all-time trajectory with multiple championships and MVP awards if he gets his head and body right starting NOW.

Sorry for such a long post. Thanks to all for the great content here. And of course the obligatory, albeit slightly muted, Go Mavs.
[-] The following 5 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • fifteenth, Hypermav, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Slavius
Like Reply
(04-16-2022, 09:06 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster. Hard to get up for this one. I hope this recent turn of events serves as a wake up call for Luka. Strange season bookended by bad beginning and end. Whatever happens for the rest of playoffs I feel like there is a pall hanging over this team.  Luka has suffered two significant injuries this season; both times he was playing meaningless minutes in a game whose conclusion was foregone. I’ve been critical of Kidd for this but I actually think it’s more likely Luka is to blame because a) he lives to play and b) likes his stats more than he’d care to admit.

I don’t want to think/feel this way. But I think it’s pretty obvious our guy does things his way. It may be part of what sets him apart, but if it continues it could also be his undoing. I don’t care so much about the dumb techs he racks up. I feel like a lot of that is attributable to terrible officiating; Luka legit gets hacked almost non-stop all game most games.

I think it’s a shame that Luka is going to miss this game and for all we know the rest of these playoffs possibly . I hope he learns from this setback and listens to his team— coaches, trainers, teammates, family, confidants— and doesn’t rush back and get injured further. And that he is smarter about the way he handles his body going forward. This are the two big takeaways. I also hope that maybe this injury situation empowers Kidd to grow a pair and reign in his superstar if that is in fact an issue. And finally, I hope we can get another guy who can help carry the load— if not next season, then asap. Another scorer/ball handler to lighten Luka’s load to either augment or upgrade what SD and Jalen bring.

Luka is truly on a top 5 all-time trajectory with multiple championships and MVP awards if he gets his head and body right starting NOW.

Sorry for such a long post. Thanks to all for the great content here. And of course the obligatory, albeit slightly muted, Go Mavs.

Welcome! More you!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Thanks Killer Left! Meant to post that lengthy post in another thread (oops!)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dorothyjgentry/statu...40192?s=21&t=1K6IQKIycqG2tQJguMC50w

He seems to be walking pretty okay here...
Like Reply
Well we met goal one of HCA for the season, and now we have to find a way to meet the next goal of winning a series. Uncertainty of Luka makes that tricky, but got to hope our guys are up to the challenge of keeping the ship steady long enough for him to get back.

Even with all of that going against us, we have to remember the most important thing. Utah is a bad city, so we can’t let them come out on top. Must win game.
[-] The following 2 users Like DrMav's post:
  • DallasMaverick, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Is Spencer starting? If so I will assume Coach Kidd doesn't see the strategic advantage in starting Bertans like I do lol
Like Reply
Spencer Dinwiddie, from being an unwanted player by the Mavs fans after the trade now to be picked the player that will step up in the absence of Luka.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
[-] The following 3 users Like TurkishMFFL's post:
  • fifteenth, MFFL, Slavius
Like Reply
JB - Let´s Go !!!
Like Reply
This is a good test for Kidd.  Say what you will about RC, but it was really good at figuring out how to make chicken salad in challenging roster situations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(04-16-2022, 12:04 PM)cow Wrote: This is a good test for Kidd.  Say what you will about RC, but it was really good at figuring out how to make chicken salad in challenging roster situations.

Well I don´t think he can do worse than Carlisle for the last decade. Wink

Let´s do this. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Awful start for JB

Finally one for JB goes.
Like Reply
Playoff JB is back.

There you go JB, that lefty was sweet.
Like Reply
JB AGAIN!

Can we just talk about how fucking terrible these announcers are? Van Gundy is already well known for falling asleep on the broadcast and shifting our attention away from actual basketball, but who is this lady? She barely speaks. SO much dead air. 

ESPN is so trash.
Like Reply
Great answer from JB.
Like Reply
Our D looks legit, but my gosh do we need a 2nd star on offense. Brunson is a good #3 option on a real contender.
Like Reply
No one on the planet can guard JB.  He can get a good shot off against anyone.
Like Reply
Wow Kidd predicted the play out of the time out. What good D

POWELL WHAT A BLOCK

WHAT A SEQUENCE
Like Reply