Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DRAFT: #18 [Green] & #31 [Terry] & trade for #36 [Tyler Bey]
Wanted to reach out here to get some feedback, but as a sports management major I figured I should use this extra free time to educate myself more about analytics and advanced stats. I’m curious if anyone here has good articles or classes online that would help me in my path, thanks Smile
Like Reply
Latest tankathon-mock has us select:

#18 Saddiq Bey
#31 Leandro Bolmaro

That would be pretty darn exciting
Like Reply
(05-19-2020, 01:21 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Latest tankathon-mock has us select:

#18 Saddiq Bey
#31 Leandro Bolmaro

That would be awesome. Bey is supposed to be ready to contribute now. He is Villanova guy as Brunson. Most of the latest mocks have the three wings (Vassel, Nesmith, Bey) projected to be in our range picked well before us. Vassel even rose to a top 6 pick in some mocks. I really hope one of those three will still be available.
Like Reply
(05-19-2020, 01:25 PM)omahen Wrote:

#18 Saddiq Bey
#31 Leandro Bolmaro

That would be awesome. Bey is supposed to be ready to contribute now. He is Villanova guy as Brunson. Most of the latest mocks have the three wings (Vassel, Nesmith, Bey) projected to be in our range picked well before us. Vassel even rose to a top 6 pick in some mocks. I really hope one of those three will still be available.
Yeah those names always come up. I like Josh Green a lot, too. He's not as polished yet though but at least shot the three ball reasonably well in his freshman year. Super athletic kid. I'd be happy with him too. But he could also turn out to be the next Justin Anderson here.
Like Reply
(05-19-2020, 02:54 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Yeah those names always come up. I like Josh Green a lot, too. He's not as polished yet though but at least shot the three ball reasonably well in his freshman year. Super athletic kid. I'd be happy with him too. But he could also turn out to be the next Justin Anderson here.

I just hope Mavs will be really sure in the guy they pick and give him a chance accordingly. Otherwise it is better to trade the pick. I would also consider trading down #31. Philly has several second rounders for example, #34 and #36 among them. I think we have space for 3 guys on the team and it would increase our chances that one of them breaks out.
Like Reply
If the Golden State Warriors land the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NBA draft, they will "consider" trading it. 

At least that is what president of basketball operations Bob Myers said.

"Yeah, we're going to consider all that," he said, per Monte Poole of NBC Sports. "Now, I don't know if the headline is going to be that we're trading our pick. So, be clear that I said 'consider.'"
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply

#18 Saddiq Bey
#31 Leandro Bolmaro

All the vibes suggest that this draft will be like the 2013 draft. No clear cut top players, but a lot of useful players on the same level.

2013 ended up

# 02 Oladipo
# 03 OPJ
# 11 McCollum
# 12 Adams
# 15 Giannis
# 17 Schroeder
# 24 THJ
# 27 Gobert

Choose wisely Mavs.
Like Reply
(05-20-2020, 10:28 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

#18 Saddiq Bey
#31 Leandro Bolmaro

All the vibes suggest that this draft will be like the 2013 draft. No clear cut top players, but a lot of useful players on the same level.

2013 ended up

# 02 Oladipo
# 03 OPJ
# 11 McCollum
# 12 Adams
# 15 Giannis
# 17 Schroeder
# 24 THJ
# 27 Gobert

Choose wisely Mavs.
 It's funny how one year inverts our view of a player.
Can you imagine to include THJ in this kind of list a year ago?
Like Reply
(05-20-2020, 11:52 PM)Mapka Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 10:28 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

#18 Saddiq Bey
#31 Leandro Bolmaro

2013 ended up

# 02 Oladipo
# 03 OPJ
# 11 McCollum
# 12 Adams
# 15 Giannis
# 17 Schroeder
# 24 THJ
# 27 Gobert

Choose wisely Mavs.
 It's funny how one year inverts our view of a player.
Can you imagine to include THJ in this kind of list a year ago?
 Nope, he´d have been in the next tier of role players like Plumlee, Dieng, Zeller or Olynyk.
Like Reply
If he goes undrafted then I'd love to see us pick up Killian Tillie. He won't defend anybody on the NBA level by himself but that's a smart player who can really shoot it for a big. Would love to bring him in if he's a #61 pick-guy. Gonzaga's offense was superb whenever he was on the court:

- career ORTg 127 lol
- 8.3 OBPM last season
- 44.4% from three career-wise
- 64+ career TS% on 2.2 threes per game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JsvSA88jos

Gotta like how he sets screens and positions himself offensively. Maybe there's a role for him in the NBA as a frontcourt-Broekhoff kind of guy.
Like Reply
So depending on how the NBA decides to move forward with the season we might not be locked into #18?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(05-30-2020, 10:41 AM)JamesConway Wrote: So depending on how the NBA decides to move forward with the season we might not be locked into #18?

Surely we can´t move down, unless they decide to play more regular season games. If that´s the case it surely won´t go beyond 70 games, which realistically means we catch up to the Pacers and/or Sixers. So worst case we´d pick 20th. On the other hand, if the teams from 9-10 in each conference get a play-in opportunity, the teams in 7+8 need some sort of compensation/incentive, i.e. the Mavs taking the ping-pong balls from their conquerors.

I´m not gonna lie a 14% chance at a top 4 pick sounds pretty nice. I´m sure Ball or Edwards could be the core piece of a Beal trade.
Like Reply
(05-30-2020, 11:47 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 10:41 AM)JamesConway Wrote: So depending on how the NBA decides to move forward with the season we might not be locked into #18?

Surely we can´t move down, unless they decide to play more regular season games. If that´s the case it surely won´t go beyond 70 games, which realistically means we catch up to the Pacers and/or Sixers. So worst case we´d pick 20th. On the other hand, if the teams from 9-10 in each conference get a play-in opportunity, the teams in 7+8 need some sort of compensation/incentive, i.e. the Mavs taking the ping-pong balls from their conquerors.

I´m not gonna lie a 14% chance at a top 4 pick sounds pretty nice. I´m sure Ball or Edwards could be the core piece of a Beal trade.

I'd think we should find a better fit, if we can shop a high pick. But I would prefer playoffs and I also think it#s more probable.
Like Reply
(05-31-2020, 02:28 AM)Mapka Wrote:

I'd think we should find a better fit, if we can shop a high pick. But I would prefer playoffs and I also think it#s more propable.
All depends on the format.

If they make this a single elimination play-in tournament, I can easily see the Suns or Blazers upset us. One game in basketball is always a bit of a crapshoot, especially at a neutral venue coming out of a three months break.

Therefore they need to offer the 7th/8th seed some sort of compensation for risking their play-off spots, if the NBA decided to change its playing format in the middle of the season.
Like Reply
(05-31-2020, 02:45 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 02:28 AM)Mapka Wrote:

I'd think we should find a better fit, if we can shop a high pick. But I would prefer playoffs and I also think it#s more propable.
All depends on the format.

If they make this a single elimination play-in tournament, I can easily see the Suns or Blazers upset us. One game in basketball is always a bit of a crapshoot, especially at a neutral venue coming out of a three months break.

Therefore they need to offer the 7th/8th seed some sort of compensation for risking their play-off spots, if the NBA decided to change its playing format in the middle of the season.

If they do something ridiciouls unfair like this, giving us the No.1 pick might not be enough. Big Grin

Running into a Dame maybe going Supernova for just one game, no thanks. But I guess (hope) they have a better solution.
Like Reply
This draft seem to have many good shooters, I would honestly like us to keep our pick since this is an area that I think the draft could help us
Like Reply
Desmond Bane is the man in round 2.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...9623857152
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...8456689674
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Who would you pick in our position?

#18: P. Williams. Other guys I like are J. Ramsey, A. Nesmith and L. Bolmaro.

#31: T. Bey. Other guys I like are D. Bane, R. Woodard II, P. Reed.

Maybe move 18+31 for D. Vassell?
Like Reply