Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DRAFT: #18 [Green] & #31 [Terry] & trade for #36 [Tyler Bey]
copy/paste the part under What would you like to embed?

dont copy/paste the long embed code that begins with https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1329315364090556417
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 01:58 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1329...56417?s=20

I still can't post tweets right. It didn't work when I tried to embed. oh well. 

But a good observation. 
Maybe they missed on DSJ... But I think maybe they finally learned their lesson that they just need to make sure they get their guy  and stop worrying about value or money and getting cute. basically everything we try to do haha
When you click on the top right of the tweet and go to the embed page scroll up and you will see a web site address link...copy and paste that one...

@"cjeter24"

Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 01:58 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1329...56417?s=20

I still can't post tweets right. It didn't work when I tried to embed. oh well. 

But a good observation. 
Maybe they missed on DSJ... But I think maybe they finally learned their lesson that they just need to make sure they get their guy  and stop worrying about value or money and getting cute. basically everything we try to do haha
DSJ was very much boom or bust which was completely contrary to usual Dallas Mavericks draft picks. Green has some boom or bust in him, but the profile of his skillset, physically, mentally and skill wise is far more well rounded and conducive to what you want in an NBA guard today, where he has all the right tools to be a solid player minimum if he puts the work in, and potentially more than that. DSJ had to make his elite tools work because there were some aspects that were always going to be a weakness (undersized in both height and wingspan)ht tools to be a solid player minimum if he puts the work in.

(11-18-2020, 11:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:24 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I AM REEEEEALLY GONNA MISS CURRY.

RICHARDSON BETTER BE WORTH IT.

THe only problem is Seth is signed for 3 more years.

Richardson is signed for 1 year + a player option (he isnt gonna take unless something goes wrong).

Yep. The Mavs better be really high on Richardson cause Curry was one of the best value players in the league. 45% from 3 and locked up to a great contract for 3 years.

This trade is really gonna hurt me. I hope Richardson is worth it.
I think Terry can replace what Seth did and more probably even in his first season. His shooting is that elite. Again, I think players shooting stats get elevated on this team. He won't shoot 45%, but I think he can shoot 40% comfortably, and he clearly has a wider skillset range with the ability to do more things on the court. And as far as I'm concerned age appropriate players next to Luka is important.
Like Reply
I think it has been said quite a bit, but I just want to thank @"Kammrath" one more time for this thread. The time I was able to spend studying these guys was much more efficient using this as a hub, and having a deeper knowledge of these players than I normally do made this draft night a much more enriching experience.
Like Reply
Are the Mavs really going to carry 3 rookies on their active roster?
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 01:27 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Are the Mavs really going to carry 3 rookies on their active roster?

They might not, but even if the goal is to move one or two of them, at least they wouldn't have to deal Kleber or DFS now. 

And, tbh, yes, I can imagine them carrying all three.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 01:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:27 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Are the Mavs really going to carry 3 rookies on their active roster?

They might not, but even if the goal is to move one or two of them, at least they wouldn't have to deal Kleber or DFS now. 

I could see Green and Terry on the roster, and even getting playing time, and Tiger as the 15th man, or even playing in the G League
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

I could see Green and Terry on the roster, and even getting playing time, and Tiger as the 15th man, or even playing in the G League

I said last night that both Terry and Tiger were 15-20 mpg guys, but after watching more film on Tiger, I'd tap my own brakes a bit. I think both Green and Tiger will have a pretty steep learning curve and are going to have to put in hard work in the G-League.

Terry, however, I believe, has a solid chance to make the 10-man rotation in minutes ranking. The most hopeful thing about him is that he is going to have the intelligence and resilience to understand why when RC rag-dolls him out of games. If he can't hit his shots and work hard enough on defense to avoid being a major liability, he's going to sit. Hit that gym, young man.

In short, it's going to be all about work for all three. That's why I think the Mavs looked at them targeting character...
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I could see Green and Terry on the roster, and even getting playing time, and Tiger as the 15th man, or even playing in the G League

Terry is going to play. I have a feeling he'll be a better rookie than Bruson was, even. 

Green and Bey might both have nights where the anti-Carlisle crowd wonders why they're not playing, and they might also have nights when the other half of us (the smart half) wonders why he's putting up with them on the floor. But, if they're committed to keeping them and not trading them right away, my guess is that we'll know if they have a chance here by the end of the season.
Like Reply
I don´t think they have confirmed that the g-league season will happen and yesterday Donnie mentioned that all two-way guys do not have a games restrictions. Meaning that they will travel with the rest of the team.
Don´t think that Bey, Green or Terry will play for the Legends this season. The tight schedule will probably lead to some load management. Not to mention that Powell and KP are coming back from injuries. I would love to see a Heat or Raptors like approach. Using the entire depth chart in the regular season.
Like Reply
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/26...Haliburton
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 03:22 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/26...Haliburton
So guess we better not get attached to any of our picks.

#18 due to the close proximity to #12 and the alleged trade down attempts. 
#31 due to that Steph/Trae comparison label, which makes him one of the higher upside draft trade assets.

Now that the Bulls picked a forward could Terry+Green get you Lavine?
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 04:04 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 03:22 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/26...Haliburton

#31 due to that Steph/Trae comparison label, which makes him one of the higher upside draft trade assets.

Terry was supposed to replace Curry, so if they trade Terry, they have to replace him.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 04:04 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

I really want to develop Terry and Green so I'd say no.
Like Reply
Yeah maybe I'm just not as high on Lavine...but you'd be getting worse defensively by doing that. I'd like to see Green actually develop.
Like Reply
Brad Townsend @townbrad
58 minutes ago
Carlisle indicated on 105.3 The Fan that Bey will be on a two-way contract. Donnie Nelson said last night that undrafted Nate Hinton will be the other two-way player.
Like Reply
Okay glad we aren't using 3 active roster spots on rookies.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 06:05 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Okay glad we aren't using 3 active roster spots on rookies.

They still might, but there's no reason to this season. Those two-way guys are literally just going to be with the team full time. It's like there are 17 roster spots. 

Kudos to the Mavs for taking advantage of this temporary loophole by picking up an extra 2nd.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 06:01 PM)swaggerbox Wrote: Brad Townsend @townbrad
58 minutes ago
Carlisle indicated on 105.3 The Fan that Bey will be on a two-way contract. Donnie Nelson said last night that undrafted Nate Hinton will be the other two-way player.
Oaky doesn´t matter much in regards to his roster availability, when two-ways are fully eligible this season.

Though does that mean he can just be signed away by another team (immediately/next sumer)?

Bey might agree to this, because he´s older and will become an (U)FA earlier under these circumstances.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 06:10 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Though does that mean he can just be signed away by another team (immediately/next sumer)?

No. This year he is ours, next year he is a RFA, unless we sign him during season
Like Reply