Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DRAFT: #18 [Green] & #31 [Terry] & trade for #36 [Tyler Bey]
(11-18-2020, 11:26 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:19 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:16 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:05 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:04 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Let’s hope this pick is part of a trade

Haters goona hate.
Ooh, you’re so cruel......

Sorry, dude, the Mavs drafted two of my favorite guys for 18 - with two second round picks.
It’s not that I don’t like Terry. Kid’s got talent....it’s the just the thought of another undersized 2 (perhaps he’ll play a little back up point)....what happens to Brunson?  VERY happy to get some defensive length with Bey though!!

Mavs always like to play two midget point guards off the bench.  Terry will play with Brunson off the bench.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:24 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I AM REEEEEALLY GONNA MISS CURRY.

RICHARDSON BETTER BE WORTH IT.

THe only problem is Seth is signed for 3 more years.

Richardson is signed for 1 year + a player option (he isnt gonna take unless something goes wrong).

Yep. The Mavs better be really high on Richardson cause Curry was one of the best value players in the league. 45% from 3 and locked up to a great contract for 3 years.

This trade is really gonna hurt me. I hope Richardson is worth it.

I really like Seth, but I'm not sad for him - he gets to play for Doc. Moreover, Richardson is a starter, whereas Curry ought not to start, and we also got TIGER BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

BTW - Terry's current player comp by Hoop Intellect? Seth Curry.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:24 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I AM REEEEEALLY GONNA MISS CURRY.

RICHARDSON BETTER BE WORTH IT.

THe only problem is Seth is signed for 3 more years.

Richardson is signed for 1 year + a player option (he isnt gonna take unless something goes wrong).

Yep. The Mavs better be really high on Richardson cause Curry was one of the best value players in the league. 45% from 3 and locked up to a great contract for 3 years.

This trade is really gonna hurt me. I hope Richardson is worth it.

Absolutely love Seth but at some point you have to factor in the constant injuries into the equation. We didn't have that 45% 3 point shot on the court in the playoffs.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 10:51 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://media.giphy.com/media/1zl3hQzPKI.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
After reading scouting video Tyrell Terry, I could see why Mavs MBT drafted him.

Quote:High IQ guy, adept at playing passing lanes, multiple GM's say he broke the record for their BBall IQ test. -SB NATION

I remember I ask earlier, what kind of players are the Mavs trying to build? What kind of identity?

We're known to be a smart, high offense team. Josh Green is known to be mature, Tyrell Terry is confident and intelligent (Stanford kid) and T. Bey has great defensive instincts. 

We got the ingredients for a stronger, cohesive team, but its up to the chemistry to see how this gels.
Like Reply
So the Kings selected Ramsey and Woodward III.

If the Mavs package THJ+Green for Bogdanovic (Hield)+Ramsey+Woodward III, I might cry a little.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:37 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote: I remember I ask earlier, what kind of players are the Mavs trying to build? What kind of identity?

We're known to be a smart, high offense team. Josh Green is known to be mature, Tyrell Terry is confident and intelligent (Stanford kid) and T. Bey has great defensive instincts. 

We got the ingredients for a stronger, cohesive team, but its up to the chemistry to see how this gels.

Plus Josh played Australian Rules Football. Hopefully his wallet looks like this:

[Image: c9aef3ed6b39d9fb4f2b901e8c3cd626.png]
Like Reply
Cow, I've seen that wallet too many times.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:43 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote: Cow, I've seen that wallet too many times.

Need someone to standup for Luka and it shouldn't be KP.
Like Reply
Could be some decent undrafted prospects available
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:47 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Could be some decent undrafted prospects available

N'Doye and Ty-Shon Alexander.
Like Reply
So let´s move to the undrafted guys, we can get for the two G-League extension spots:

I´d love Joe and Reed, if they really go undrafted. Surely we all agree Reaves and Clevleand got to go.
Like Reply
(11-18-2020, 11:48 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: So let´s move to the undrafted guys, we can get for the two G-League extension spots:

I´d love Joe and Reed, if they really go undrafted. Surely we all agree Reaves and Clevleand got to go.
Those were the two I had in mind as well. Looks like Joe is gone at #49, but Reed is still out there.
Like Reply
Grant Riller bpa
Like Reply
Damn, Reed gone.
Like Reply
Dotson, Tillie and Ty-Shon Alexander available as undrafted players
Like Reply
Guys they really hit this draft/night out of the park.

They are better today than before.

I know people were mad about missing on Bey 1 but they obviously had a plan and stuck to it. Get longer, more athletic on defense. And they nailed it.

They’ll be a more well rounded team now and I’m sure they’re not done.

Now when they add someone like Levine or Buddy or whatever “scorer” they go after it won’t be as bad since they got some defenders to go around them.
Like Reply
Beautiful draft. I was a fan of all 3 players they picked...if they had come out and taken just ONE of Green, Terry, Bey then I'd have been happy. To get all 3 plus Josh Richardson is a home run
Like Reply
So ummm,
Between the connection to Green and Terry it appears obvious who the center-point piece of the Dallas Mavericks happens to be???

I know Luka is the man but after tonight it will be even harder to move...

Dwight Powell
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1329...56417?s=20

I still can't post tweets right. It didn't work when I tried to embed. oh well. 

But a good observation. 
Maybe they missed on DSJ... But I think maybe they finally learned their lesson that they just need to make sure they get their guy  and stop worrying about value or money and getting cute. basically everything we try to do haha
Like Reply