Poll: How many threes do the Mavs hit tonight? O/U 13.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 80: DAL (50-30) vs. DET (23-57)| 131-113 WIN!
(04-06-2022, 09:02 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Even still, 8 games out of the 62 he's played, while surprising to me, isn't a point against what I'm saying.

In good news the only player that possibly would have cared got traded
[-] The following 4 users Like Jym's post:
  • fifteenth, Hogmelon, Jommybone, mvossman
Like Reply
Brunson only scored 2 points less than Luka in this game, I don't understand why we're talking about this now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Branduil's post:
  • fifteenth, Hogmelon, MFFL
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:40 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: You sure Luka was playing all those games?

Yes.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 09:02 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Even still, 8 games out of the 62 he's played, while surprising to me, isn't a point against what I'm saying.

I may have missed a few, but out of the 63 games (including tonight) that Luka has played so far this season, he has been outscored by one or more of his teammates in at least nine games.

In one game, Luka was outscored by Brunson.

In one game, Luka was outscored by both Bullock and Brunson.

In one game, Luka was outscored by Brunson and tied by THJ.

In one game, Luka was outscored by both Chriss and THJ.

In one game [March 21], Luka was outscored by Powell, Bullock, and Dinwiddie, and he was tied by both Brunson and DFS.

In one game, Luka was outscored by both Porzingis and Brunson, and he was tied by both Bullock and Powell.

In one game, Luka was outscored by both Porzingis and THJ.

In at least two games, Luka was outscored by Porzingis.

And ... in my opinion ... all of the above proves practically nothing ... except perhaps that there is a reason [i.e., a GOOD  reason] why Luka is the only ALL-STAR (or anything remotely resembling an ALL-STAR) and the leading POINT-SCORER on the Dallas Mavericks' team.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hogmelon's post:
  • fifteenth, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 09:14 PM)Jym Wrote: In good news the only player that possibly would have cared got traded

Jym for the win!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 09:14 PM)Branduil Wrote:  I don't understand why we're talking about this now.

I think my good pal IGT was bored and wanted to spice up the sports talk. That's how good the Mavs are! We have to try pretty hard to find something wrong.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Mavs took care of business last night.   In stretches, I didn't think Luka was very good but then he had stretches when he was great.    And the final result box score was pretty impressive as usual.

So, do we think 60 points from our backcourt (Luka, Jalen, Dinwiddie) is the magic number?   If we factor Luka with 30, then Jalen and Dinwiddie need to get 30 combined.   It is even more effective if Jalen and Dinwiddie get their points efficiently.   

Really nice game for Josh Green.   I love how he is playing with much more feel out there.  You have seen continued growth in trying new things.   He still needs more development, but I am happy with his development this year.   

In the playoffs, you see tighter rotations.  Do the Mavs do this as well?  If so, that could lead to some minutes crunch to their bench.

There is something there with Detroit.  They still need a lot and need to make a determination on some of their young players.   But Cade looks like he has 'it'.  Bey was pretty bad....again against the Mavs.   I still am not sure what his upside is.    Good player though.  A top three pick would make things interesting there. Wouldn't Chet work well next to Stewart?    Maybe this was his best game ever and not repeatable, but their young long wing, Pickett, peaked my interest.    Although it could have been just a good quarter and not much else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 07:09 AM)Chicagojk Wrote:  
Really nice game for Josh Green.   I love how he is playing with much more feel out there.  You have seen continued growth in trying new things.   He still needs more development, but I am happy with his development this year.   

In the playoffs, you see tighter rotations.  Do the Mavs do this as well?  If so, that could lead to some minutes crunch to their bench.

There is something there with Detroit.  They still need a lot and need to make a determination on some of their young players.   But Cade looks like he has 'it'.  A top three pick would make things interesting there. Wouldn't Chet work well next to Stewart?     

I think a Cade/Banchero combo could be pretty scary in a few years.  Agree that Cade is going to be a star.

Green is shooting .429 from 3 since the AS Break.  Sample is only 35 attempts in 21 games, but the shot looks true.  Speaking of 'true', his TS% is .599 in that same time-frame while averaging 18 minutes per game.  He gives glimpses of being able to score in many many different ways.  Part of me thinks he needs to focus on and get good at a couple of go-to things.  Part of me wonders if he has the ability to develop a really complete offensive game.  Besides 3's and getting to the rim, he's shown some interesting stuff from the baseline including spin moves and pull up jumpers.  He's got a two dribble mid range that often looks good.  He's shown a floater and last night his second shot was a really cool back to the basket move in the paint.  Outside of Luka and Brunson, no one else on the team even tries that variety of shots.  The future is bright.
[-] The following 4 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Hogmelon, MFFL, michaeltex, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 07:35 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think a Cade/Banchero combo could be pretty scary in a few years.  Agree that Cade is going to be a star.

Green is shooting .429 from 3 since the AS Break.  Sample is only 35 attempts in 21 games, but the shot looks true.  Speaking of 'true', his TS% is .599 in that same time-frame while averaging 18 minutes per game.  He gives glimpses of being able to score in many many different ways.  Part of me thinks he needs to focus on and get good at a couple of go-to things.  Part of me wonders if he has the ability to develop a really complete offensive game.  Besides 3's and getting to the rim, he's shown some interesting stuff from the baseline including spin moves and pull up jumpers.  He's got a two dribble mid range that often looks good.  He's shown a floater and last night his second shot was a really cool back to the basket move in the paint.  Outside of Luka and Brunson, no one else on the team even tries that variety of shots.  The future is bright.

Yes!. Watch out as soon as he figures out how to shift gears rather than run at full throttle all the time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Gotta give @"DanSchwartzgan" and all of the other Green truthers credit. He's getting better and better and better. At this point, I'd say it's clear that he'll be a rotation player for this team in the playoffs, which is a development I'd have bet a lot of cash against when the season started. 

He should absolutely be a factor when predicting future roster changes. You could easily argue he's ready for an even bigger role, either here or on another team.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Jommybone, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 01:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Gotta give @"DanSchwartzgan" and all of the other Green truthers credit. He's getting better and better and better. At this point, I'd say it's clear that he'll be a rotation player for this team in the playoffs, which is a development I'd have bet a lot of cash against when the season started. 

He should absolutely be a factor when predicting future roster changes. You could easily argue he's ready for an even bigger role, either here or on another team.

As an original owner of Green shares, I’d also like to give the early Kidd truthers credit (I’m buying up as many shares as possible now)… Kidd has allowed everyone on the team more individual freedom. I think that has done wonders for Green’s confidence and development. I like Rick as much as anyone, but I don’t think we see THIS Green, this early, or wearing a Mavs uniform at all for that matter, if Carlisle were still the coach.
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 05:02 PM)Smitty Wrote: As an original owner of Green shares, I’d also like to give the early Kidd truthers credit (I’m buying up as many shares as possible now)… Kidd has allowed everyone on the team more individual freedom. I think that has done wonders for Green’s confidence and development. I like Rick as much as anyone, but I don’t think we see THIS Green, this early, or wearing a Mavs uniform at all for that matter, if Carlisle were still the coach.

Rick did develop Brunson though so he wasn't completely terrible at developing rookies. Maybe he could only work with the more experienced rookies as opposed to the completely raw ones. Or better with ball handlers or something.
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 05:02 PM)Smitty Wrote: As an original owner of Green shares, I’d also like to give the early Kidd truthers credit (I’m buying up as many shares as possible now)… Kidd has allowed everyone on the team more individual freedom. I think that has done wonders for Green’s confidence and development. I like Rick as much as anyone, but I don’t think we see THIS Green, this early, or wearing a Mavs uniform at all for that matter, if Carlisle were still the coach.

Credit should go to Jason Garrett and not JKidd.  

Powell and Green playing themselves into tradeable assets is a low key reason why this season got turned around.  Props to THJ's foot too.
Like Reply
(04-07-2022, 09:36 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Rick did develop Brunson though so he wasn't completely terrible at developing rookies. Maybe he could only work with the more experienced rookies as opposed to the completely raw ones. Or better with ball handlers or something.
I think it was more of a have-to thing. Once JJB wasn't retained RC had to have a backup for Luka as JRich was not an answer.
Like Reply