Poll: How many threes do the Mavs hit tonight? O/U 13.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 80: DAL (50-30) vs. DET (23-57)| 131-113 WIN!
Luka gonna have to come back early because Dinwiddie can't make a layup.
Like Reply
9 points, 9 minutes, love to see that!
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:01 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think this is the reason a star player is not what is needed next to Luka. He's so competitive, he can't let anyone on our team score more than him even in individual games. He wants to always be the top scorer on the court, our team and theirs. If he wasn't about that, he'd be letting JB and SD go to work more than he is this game. I wouldn't believe it if you could get past 1 hand where Luka was outscored by a teammate in a game this season.

I don’t believe this. And if I did, I would quit liking Luka.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • ballsrchr, Hogmelon, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:01 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: He's so competitive, he can't let anyone on our team score more than him even in individual games. He wants to always be the top scorer on the court, our team and theirs. If he wasn't about that, he'd be letting JB and SD go to work more than he is this game.

That's an...odd take to my post. I was more so pointing out that even on Luka's worst nights he's still amazing and better than 99% of anyone.

I don't think for even a second Luka cares about outscoring his own teammates. If he was that competitive then he'd care more about the opposition score first. Further, Luka is a generational scoring talent. We throw the word generational around a lot nowadays but he is seriously on par with the best scorers that have ever played. Few, if any, are better.  When you got a guy like that on the court, more times than not he's going to be the lead scorer. It's not cause he has a personal goal on making sure no one else gets the spotlight, but rather he's just better than everyone else.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, Hogmelon, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:06 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I don’t believe this. And if I did, I would quit liking Luka.

He's got plenty of time to learn that he can't be the only one doing that every game. I hope he gets there, your belief in it or not.
Like Reply
Josh Green is a SNIPA!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: but rather he's just better than everyone else.
And this is what makes him call his own number, even when others are having hotter nights than him. I've watched him go to himself plenty during a players hot streak to think otherwise.
Like Reply
Green has been the MVP of this 4th quarter for sure
Like Reply
Luka with the no look over the head pass sheeeeesh

(04-06-2022, 08:12 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: And this is what makes him call his own number, even when others are having hotter nights than him. I've watched him go to himself plenty during a players hot streak to think otherwise.

But don't you want a generational scoring talent to shoot the ball...? He's not icing out his teammates because he's trying to out-do them. He routinely sets them up.
Like Reply
Saddiq Bey is just too streaky. He can be red hot like last week when he made like 7 threes or earlier in the season when he scored 51. But he can always be ice cold and give them absolutely nothing like tonight
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:12 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: And this is what makes him call his own number, even when others are having hotter nights than him. I've watched him go to himself plenty during a players hot streak to think otherwise.

Odd hill to die on. You keep doubling down, so you obviously believe what you’re typing.
Like Reply

Also just from a quick run through JB has outscored Luka 4 times this year. KP 3 times. Dinwiddie once so far. 

Thats 8 times alone from a quick look at box scores and I'm sure there are many more I missed.
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That's an...odd take to my post. I was more so pointing out that even on Luka's worst nights he's still amazing and better than 99% of anyone.

I don't think for even a second Luka cares about outscoring his own teammates. If he was that competitive then he'd care more about the opposition score first. Further, Luka is a generational scoring talent. We throw the word generational around a lot nowadays but he is seriously on par with the best scorers that have ever played. Few, if any, are better.  When you got a guy like that on the court, more times than not he's going to be the lead scorer. It's not cause he has a personal goal on making sure no one else gets the spotlight, but rather he's just better than everyone else.

Yes to all of that ...

And, not only all of that, but ...

Luka defers to his teammates PLENTY.  Luka is the ultimate anti-Westbrook, as far as stat-padding is concerned.

Seriously, I am amazed at IGT's take, because my perspective is almost the exact opposite.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:09 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: He's got plenty of time to learn that he can't be the only one doing that every game. I hope he gets there, your belief in it or not.

On a night when Luka tallies 14 assists?
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • ballsrchr, fifteenth
Like Reply
Well ...

Hip hip hooray for the WIN!

This is surely the worst 26-point/8-rebound/14-assist performance I've seen lately.

GO MAVS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
It's not Westbrook I compare him to. It's a better player in Harden, who ended up not doing much cause he couldn't work with other stars. I hope he comes out of it and think he can, that's just who I see him as right now.
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Also just from a quick run through JB has outscored Luka 4 times this year. KP 3 times. Dinwiddie once so far. 
You sure Luka was playing all those games?
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:40 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: You sure Luka was playing all those games?

I mean, he would literally be looking at Luka's points to compare.  Kind of doubt he was including games where Luka was not in the boxscore.
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 08:48 PM)mvossman Wrote: I mean, he would literally be looking at Luka's points to compare.  Kind of doubt he was including games where Luka was not in the boxscore.
You can sort by game leaders as an option and miss games he's played in.
Like Reply
Even still, 8 games out of the 62 he's played, while surprising to me, isn't a point against what I'm saying.
Like Reply