Poll: How many threes do the Mavs hit tonight? O/U 13.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 80: DAL (50-30) vs. DET (23-57)| 131-113 WIN!
(04-06-2022, 06:53 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: If Luka averages 72 points per game for the next 3 games, he will finish with 30.3385 points per game.

Joel Embiid is currently averaging 30.4242 points per game, but ⁠— who knows ⁠— Embiid might score 72 points (or more) per game in his final three games.

Cry

Damn. Guess Luka has to just quadruple whatever Embiid does to be safe. Going for 80 tonight would be a good start. He's well on his way with *checks notes* 12 points on 4-12. Cry
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
Brunson is too good.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I think Luka got that clean.

Don't like seeing Powell limping. Hope the dude is ok. Didn't see what happened.
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
It looks like the Mavs got too much rest after the big win in Milwaukee.
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 07:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Don't like seeing Powell limping. Hope the dude is ok. Didn't see what happened.
Cade used his butt to push off of him and his butt was at Powell's knee level that was straight. It overextended the joint and I saw him limping after that.
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 07:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think Luka got that clean.
yes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 06:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka is getting hot. I'd be cautious he's venturing into tech territory with how much he's yelling at that one ref on the baseline.

Yeah.

Cade Cunningham (or maybe Isaiah Stewart) is going to bait Luka (4/13; 1/6; 7/11) into getting a tech from the lady umpire (who was born in Flint, Michigan, and currently resides in Detroit).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 06:53 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: Every time Luka plays, I always hope that he will score 77 points (and 10+ rebounds and 10+ assists).
Would be a hell of a story if he ever hits exactly 77 points in a game. Pure marketing gold.
Like Reply
HOW CAN THEY CALL THAT A FOUL

???????????????????

These refs oh my lord
  • WillE
Like Reply
JB is so disciplined he doesn't even do heat checks.  Been waiting for a game where he just shoots a lot.

Also, that was a good pass by him on the 3 on 2 in the first half.  He's becoming an offensive force, if you would.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
Wow.  Luka.  WTF??????
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I most definitely jinxed Luka tonight expecting him to drop 80. Dude looks like he's ready to go home.

Bey literally punches Brunson in the face and its not called.
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 07:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
Bey literally punches Brunson in the face and its not called.
Yeah, those refs definitely do not favour the Mavs.
Like Reply
It's funny because just watching this is one of the worst Luka games of the year in my opinion and yet he's still dropped 23 points on not even bad shooting (7/18 isn't ideal but I wouldn't qualify it as horrid) to go along with 8 rebounds and 11 assists.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Hogmelon, Jommybone, MFFL
Like Reply
Just tuning in and there’s Dwight with a +27 in 26 mins. Wow!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 07:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's funny because just watching this is one of the worst Luka games of the year in my opinion and yet he's still dropped 23 points on not even bad shooting (7/18 isn't ideal but I wouldn't qualify it as horrid) to go along with 8 rebounds and 11 assists.

No kidding.

Maybe Luka can get a 30-point triple-double and then foul out (before he gets a technical foul and/or double-digit turnovers).
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
We have to start talking about the Green-Bertans connection. I swear Green assists to Bertans more than anyone else. Bertans also looks for Green in transition a lot.
Like Reply
Make that +31 (thanks Davis).
Like Reply
(04-06-2022, 07:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's funny because just watching this is one of the worst Luka games of the year in my opinion and yet he's still dropped 23 points on not even bad shooting (7/18 isn't ideal but I wouldn't qualify it as horrid) to go along with 8 rebounds and 11 assists.
I think this is the reason a star player is not what is needed next to Luka. He's so competitive, he can't let anyone on our team score more than him even in individual games. He wants to always be the top scorer on the court, our team and theirs. If he wasn't about that, he'd be letting JB and SD go to work more than he is this game. I wouldn't believe it if you could get past 1 hand where Luka was outscored by a teammate in a game this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Powell keeps grabbing that knee. Just sit him down.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Jommybone
Like Reply