Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (+8, 16 pts, 7 rbd, 1 ast)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+9, 11 pts, 1 rbd, 6 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk)
0%
0 0%
Powell (+8, 22 pts, 13 rbd, 1 ast, 1 stl, 8-10 FG)
45.45%
15 45.45%
Luka (+8, 32 pts, 8 rbd, 15 ast, 3 stl)
54.55%
18 54.55%
Brunson (+6, 15 pts, 3 rbd, 1 ast, 1 stl)
0%
0 0%
Dinwiddie (-5, 11 pts, 0 rbd, 4 ast)
0%
0 0%
Bertans (+11, 6 pts, 5 rbd, 1 blk)
0%
0 0%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 79 DIRKIE: Luka Magic! (54%)
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...9972310034
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Powell. 20+ 10+ against Giannis.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1510704775582658563
Like Reply
I gave it to Luka for his incredible passes today. He set up Powell every time in such magical fashion. 

Powell a close second with his energy and hustle on the defensive end.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DrGuru_/status/1510696720723808262?s=20&t=249EdeDt6eVpJP3qUeYgsw

Luka with DP runner up
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
By normal Dirkie rules it would be DP. But this was a late season, Sunday national telecast, and super important game for the final standings against the defending champs, and Luka goes for 30+ and 15 assists against the recognized best player in the world cementing 1st team all NBA and giving him a late season opportunity to win the MVP.  I’m voting for Luka. It was a signature game.
[-] The following 7 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BasketballJones41, burekemde, fifteenth, Mavsfan12, Paul Gasol, ReunionMav, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 02:51 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: By normal Dirkie rules it would be DP. But this was a late season, Sunday national telecast, and super important game for the final standings against the defending champs, and Luka goes for 30+ and 15 assists against the recognized best player in the world cementing 1st team all NBA and giving him a late season opportunity to win the MVP.  I’m voting for Luka. It was a signature game.

Agree. Signature game. Luka is the MVP. It's totally clear.
[-] The following 2 users Like burekemde's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
What Luka is doing recently against Boston, Philly, Brooklyn, Utah, Milwaukee and others is indeed MVP like. Keep that up in the playoffs and we’ll have a lot of fun. 
I love what Powell did today as well. His continued improvement is great to see!
Like Reply
(04-03-2022, 05:36 PM)ReunionMav Wrote: What Luka Dallas is doing recently against Boston, Philly, Brooklyn, Utah, Milwaukee  

This is what gives me hope...especially the two Sunday games against full strength Boston and Milwaukee.  I can get down on them for games like the Washington game (and several others like it), but when it counts against top competition, the team has come through.
Like Reply
Luka did his normal little ole' Luka stuff.  Interesting thing...I think it was Mark Jackson--the smarter half of the infamous ABC color commentator duo--said that Luka is only going to get better, and the game will get easier for him, as he learns better how to direct and utilize the team members.  Luka is already...is generational too strong?..., but I agree with MJ.  The one problem I see is that Luka needs to learn this sooner rather than later in order to protect his body for the championship dynasty that MAY be possible if the ownership and the "new" MBT gives him the tools to do so.

So...on that note...I will give my Dirkie to Dwight Powell.  DP does nothing but show up every game and give 120%.  He is the epitome of a great team mate.

Other than the first quarter the team played good.  I like how they don't fold up the tents and check out if things aren't going good.  They just keep plugging away--except for the last game which was a real stinker...
Like Reply
Yes, Dwight was terrific. 

Davis, in my opinion, was absolutely sensational defensively. Not a liability at all. Against a really tough team to defend.

And yet, Luka. 32 points scored and 36 points assisted (6 long balls + 9 at the rim, 15 total). That’s 68 of our 118. Add a few free throws that he assisted teammates in earning, and a few hockey assists, and he pretty much accounted for 2/3 of our points. 

Let’s say it this way: He was, indubitably, the best player on the court. Against Giannis. That’s Dirkie worthy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • fifteenth, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
Diamond is the only correct answer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
Basically we are voting for Luka or Luka's upgraded weapon of choice.   Yeah, still playing Elden Ring...   I will say DP played some nice D and had great hustle but ultimately he is just a tool.  Smile
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3zynWeHM_E&ab_channel=FanaticsView
Like Reply
(04-04-2022, 03:34 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Basically we are voting for Luka or Luka's upgraded weapon of choice.   Yeah, still playing Elden Ring...   I will say DP played some nice D and had great hustle but ultimately he is just a tool.  Smile

I mean, yes to "Luka's weapon of choice". But the player does matter a littler, right? If my job was to screen and roll for Luka I don't think he'd pass it to me. And if he did, I wouldn't be able to catch the lob, and dunking would be out of the question (not sure I can even touch the net anymore), nor would catch the bullet pass (except with my face), swing around, and fire a pass to the corner. Seems like "Luka's weapon of choice" would have to be a pretty good basketball player.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
"weapon of choice" also ignores the rebounding and plethora of hustle plays that Powell made last game.  His impact was far greater than his already great box score.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
The board is at some point going to have to just wake up and admit that DP is a good basketball player. He's actually been doing good things for a while now, and really, seems be getting even better...not even letting a significant injury get in the way.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 5 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ballsrchr, Hogmelon, Jommybone, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(04-04-2022, 04:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I mean, yes to "Luka's weapon of choice". But the player does matter a littler, right?
Yes.  Powell has earned our respect for his play of late and is playing worth his contract at this time.  My limited point is that Luka makes him lethal.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-04-2022, 04:13 PM)fifteenth Wrote: The board is at some point going to have to just wake up and admit that DP is a good basketball player

[Image: giphy.gif]

For what it's worth I think Powell has turned me into a believer. He's certainly having a career year, but it's evident he's worked really hard to overcome his short comings. Kidd's defensive schemes seem to fit him like a glove as well. 

But Powell I think will always be in the bottom 15 starting centers in the league, and if we want the Mavs to be taken seriously we got to find a guy that's good enough to move him to the bench (which I think is a big improvement since I was ready to move him off the team not too long ago).
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(04-04-2022, 04:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: if we want the Mavs to be taken seriously

I don't care how people take them

just want them to win
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply