Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE GREEN MACHINE: The Subtle Emergence of Josh Green
(01-08-2023, 03:35 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/HoopsRumors/status/1...0685212677

Seems crazy than an elbow kept him out this long. Usually, an absence like this happens when some type of lower body injury occurs...ankle, knee, etc. 

Then again, the right elbow is his shooting elbow. I hope he can still shoot when he comes back because that part of his game was really working before.
Like Reply
Josh needs to stop the pickleball tournaments with Dirk.
Like Reply
https://reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/...his_seems/

Meant to post this yesterday when I saw it. Been hoping to see what actually happened, doesn’t look very comfortable.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...4737491968
Like Reply
(01-11-2023, 03:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...4737491968

Might have Jared Dudley ahead of McGee on my depth chart
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...9654319107
Like Reply
Josh Green just became my favorite “other” Mav last night. I was at the game with my son, 4 of his friends and a friend of mine. My son asked to go to a Mavs game for his birthday. Josh forced me to see him almost every play in the beginning because of his constant activity. If he makes it through the offseason, I’ll be getting season tickets again next year.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-21-2023, 10:30 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Josh Green just became my favorite “other” Mav last night. I was at the game with my son, 4 of his friends and a friend of mine. My son asked to go to a Mavs game for his birthday. Josh forced me to see him almost every play in the beginning because of his constant activity. If he makes it through the offseason, I’ll be getting season tickets again next year.

I'm glad the board is coming around on him.  He's sneaky good and unbelievably important.  Not only is he athletic, but he can walk and chew gum at the same time.  In the land of one dimensional players, someone who plays well at both ends is king.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
He is super fun to watch.  150mph, 200% effort.

I dont use twitter...but I am super curious if people have asked Haralabob V. what he thinks about the early critics of his Josh Green pick.  I assume some people are eating crow?

I am pretty sure he has addressed the Josh Green pick as being his responsibility in the past...and was talking as if it was a mistake because everyone was saying it was a year or 2 ago.  But what about now?  Has be commented on Josh Green any time recently?     Or am I getting the Josh Green pick being Bob's responsibility mixed up with the Josh Richardson trade?  Or were they both his doings?
Like Reply
(01-21-2023, 11:20 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I'm glad the board is coming around on him.  He's sneaky good and unbelievably important.  Not only is he athletic, but he can walk and chew gum at the same time.  In the land of one dimensional players, someone who plays well at both ends is king.
After the second half of last year, he was on my radar. After the reports of his offseason, I was looking for his progress. Last night was the point where I saw enough to think the beginning of this season wasn’t a fluke. Watching in person is a good amount different than on screen and he doesn’t disappoint AT ALL when you see him in person!
Like Reply
Best game of his career.  His hustle was everywhere.  I loved that he and Hardy attacked the rim 5-6 times.  We need more players who are a threat to get to the basket.  Josh's strength also showed up on both sides of the floor.  I forgot who the offensive player was who tried to drive on him and muscle his way past, but he basically bounced off of Josh's chest.  He also drew heavy contact on drives and was still able to get an attempt off and earn free throws.  The only knock I have on him is that I think he often doesn't have a plan with his drives to the basket and his touch isn't the greatest.
Like Reply
It’s time for Green to start.  That’s one of the few cards the Mavs have left to play to turn the season around. He’s a far superior player to THJ and probably better than Dinwiddie for that matter.
Like Reply
I started this season saying it was make or break time for Josh.  I figured it'd take him up till December to make it.

He did it. I can comfortably say he can start in any game and not be a liability. His aggression against Miami was a game changer. 

I'm glad we stuck with this kid. I hope he continues to stick around because he's a winner.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-22-2023, 10:45 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I started this season saying it was make or break time for Josh.  I figured it'd take him up till December to make it.

He did it. I can comfortably say he can start in any game and not be a liability. His aggression against Miami was a game changer. 

I'm glad we stuck with this kid. I hope he continues to stick around because he's a winner.

If Mavs dont wear this kids legs out and show the ability to use his energy at the right times in Playoffs...the kid is just a disaster for other teams gameplans.   Hes just a dog...200mph, 200% effort....just annoying for other teams to deal with.

You can tell he's annoying because players from other teams are starting to get in scuffles with him because he is just hounding them into frustration.

If we retain Green, put some players around Luka that we can be serious contenders with...and use Greens energy at the right time in Playoff games......its on.

I dont know how long Green can play at the effort level he currently does without sacrificing explosiveness in his legs.   I hope they dont do him like they do DFS....43 minutes a game every game.   I think Green is perfect around 25 to 30.   Once he shows better offense....then I think you can maybe play him more minutes.  But right now his impact is with his effort.
Like Reply
(01-22-2023, 02:34 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: It’s time for Green to start.  That’s one of the few cards the Mavs have left to play to turn the season around. He’s a far superior player to THJ and probably better than Dinwiddie for that matter.

I think its less about who is better and more about fit.  We have too many poor defenders in the starting lineup and no point of attack defender without Bullock (who is not perfectly suited to that role anyways).  Dinwiddie is the worst defender of the group and we don't need his creation as much with both Luka and Wood on the court, and Green can handle the secondary playmaking.  With Timmy's improved defense and the fact that he was useless coming off the bench, it would make so much sense to make Dinwiddie the 6th man and start Green.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(01-22-2023, 10:54 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: If Mavs dont wear this kids legs out and show the ability to use his energy at the right times in Playoffs...the kid is just a disaster for other teams gameplans.   Hes just a dog...200mph, 200% effort....just annoying for other teams to deal with.

You can tell he's annoying because players from other teams are starting to get in scuffles with him because he is just hounding them into frustration.

If we retain Green, put some players around Luka that we can be serious contenders with...and use Greens energy at the right time in Playoff games......its on.

I dont know how long Green can play at the effort level he currently does without sacrificing explosiveness in his legs.   I hope they dont do him like they do DFS....43 minutes a game every game.   I think Green is perfect around 25 to 30.   Once he shows better offense....then I think you can maybe play him more minutes.  But right now his impact is with his effort.

I don’t think we should be viewing as just an energy player moving forward and I don’t think we should be worried about the legs of a 22 year old playing 20 minutes a game. He seems to have plenty more to give right now.
[-] The following 3 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ItsGoTime, MFFL, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...47616?s=20&t=c09aaWLM7aXgWJ25TzQYjg
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I didn’t realize he had 5 fouls last night and he was a team worse on plus minus.  I don’t really look at that stat very often though.

Still, it is frustrating he didn’t play the last 4 or so minutes last night.  He was the only starter under 30 minutes and played 8 less minutes than Bullock.  Josh has earned the trust to be in the floor late in games….especially with a depleted roster.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ballsrchr, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:45 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...47616?s=20&t=c09aaWLM7aXgWJ25TzQYjg

If we trade him for anything less than Siakam...

via GIPHY

...and Kyrie is less than Siakam, thank you very much.
Like Reply
Green is special. What an amazing turnaround from last year to this one
[-] The following 3 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, loki
Like Reply