Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE GREEN MACHINE: The Subtle Emergence of Josh Green
(12-06-2022, 05:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He is already worth more than DFS who just got 4 yrs/$55M and averages 8 ppg and 4 rpg.

lol
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 07:43 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This is exactly it. No reason to discuss when nothing can be done til the end of the season anyway. I have yet to see dV show his work with such a high demand that we go through this exercise.

Not familiar with this arrangement.  Can you please give me a second chance and rephrase it for me?
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 01:13 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Ball park figure on Greens contract assuming he keeps trending up?
(12-06-2022, 12:24 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Why is no one willing to give a number figure on Green's next contract?  Just a bunch of talking/dancing.
The original request was fine, I guess, even though it's way too early to know what Green will look like when contract negotiations are actually available to happen. It's just way too early to talk about right now and I figure that's why you didn't have any replies. Then you hit the board up with another, more demanding/rude, demand "Just a bunch of talking/dancing." You demand of the board that they throw out numbers, yet you haven't thrown up any of your own. Show your work.
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 10:02 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: All those words and no (dollar)numbers!
Oh, I also forgot about this gem after Dan actually replied to you with his thoughts. More rudeness without you yourself doing what you're asking others to do.
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 10:04 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Oh, I also forgot about this gem after Dan actually replied to you with his thoughts. More rudeness without you yourself doing what you're asking others to do.

You know what is also rude.  Lying.

Chicken or the egg?

Got ya.  Next.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 04:30 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: You know what is also rude.  Lying.

Chicken or the egg?

Got ya.  Next.

Damn what’d you win?!?
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 04:57 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Damn what’d you win?!?

Your triggered response.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 05:13 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Your triggered response.

lol. You win again!
Like Reply
Please keep the antics off of this thread. Please.

This is one of the very few threads where overwhelming negativity hasn't consumed the narrative.
Like Reply
I apologize, I’ll stop, was only teasing. That signature just cracks me up everytime I see it.

Enjoy this thread very much and I honestly think some of these other threads are starting to have a little positivity shine through now too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/MPlBnOV9X_w
[-] The following 5 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, MFFL, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
Hi was looking back at that 2020 draft.  Weird draft.  You can make the case 9 of the first 15 picks that the teams aren’t happy with their pick.
Like Reply
JG was a team worst -12 tonight....I cannot remember that happening.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 01:08 AM)Kammrath Wrote: JG was a team worst -12 tonight....I cannot remember that happening.

Really uneven performance for him offensively and invisible on the defensive end which is not like him.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 01:08 AM)Kammrath Wrote: JG was a team worst -12 tonight....I cannot remember that happening.

+/- is such a stupid stat in any particular game.  Milwaukee basically had two runs.  If a player was in for those runs, they look terrible.  If they weren't, they don't.  The stat says absolutely nothing about the responsibility for those runs.  The Bucks were +10 in a 3 minute segment toward the end of the second quarter.  Luka was 0/2 from the field, Tim was 0/2 from the field, Powell had a turnover, two fouls and a miss, but this is on Josh?  BTW, Dorian was also in during this stint and was just as "invisible".   

The team was -11 to start the fourth quarter.  It was Dinwiddie and the subs.  The same group went +4 to start the second quarter.  We actually scored pretty well during this time (including Josh actually making the two FT's he took).  But, we couldn't stop Giannis.  Wood had 3 fouls and a TO during this run.  Maxi had two fouls.  Neither had a rebound.  Meanwhile, Giannis scored 13 points in 5:08 (none of those on Josh) and George Hill hit a 3 on Dinwiddie.  

I'll agree it was a more quiet night than I would have liked for Green (he was 3/5 and made the aforementioned FT's).  He helped create a couple more turnovers with his help D that weren't credited as steals and made a couple of really nice passes that ended up being hockey assists.  I didn't think it was a bad game, but it wasn't great either.  Meanwhile, since Cow is so quick to praise DFS and criticize Green, who do we think blew the coverage on the open layup Lopez made to win the game?  Hint, it was the guy who seconds before missed two FT's.  I'm not saying Dorian played a bad game.  He worked his butt off on D.  But, while Luka's FT shooting was atrocious, the three THJ misses and the lack of a timeout with 7 seconds left were back breakers.  Dorian wasn't a God or a king the final 10 seconds.  You know....goose/gander.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • mvossman, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:44 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: +/- is such a stupid stat in any particular game.

No it's not. It just is what it is. The team was outscored by 12 with JG playing. That's just a fact. That doesn't mean "IT'S ALL GREEN'S FAULT!" Not at all. 

I simply pointed out the stat, not because I thought JG sucked, but because of HOW RARE this is. A huge outlier for the team to have its worst moments with JG playing. VERY rare. I cannot remember seeing him be worst on the team in +/- this year.
Like Reply
Love the swagger and aggressiveness Green is playing much.  I honestly don’t care if he misses the shot or gets swatted.  Him being a threat at the rim opens up so many more possibilities of his game.

https://twitter.com/mavsdraft/status/160...87236?s=46&t=yRu1eEw7tKIFCwegXExb-g
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 10:13 AM)Kammrath Wrote: No it's not. It just is what it is. The team was outscored by 12 with JG playing. That's just a fact. That doesn't mean "IT'S ALL GREEN'S FAULT!" Not at all. 

+/- is often used with that lens.  It might be a fact, but stats are kind of useless when used in a vacuum.  Stats should be a tool to assist what your eyes are seeing but we never talk about things like defensive assignments or lineups when we lazily throw out stats.
Like Reply
Small thing. But I watched the ESPN feed and they didn’t even show a replay of Josh’s reverse dunk. But showed the challenge to Maxi sliding under Giannis for the blocking foul call like 10x?
Is it just an elbow strain for JG? Would’ve liked to see him get 30-35 minutes tonight.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/HoopsRumors/status/1...0685212677
Like Reply