Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+12, 10 pts)
0%
0 0%
KP (+6, 20 pts, 15 rbds)
28.57%
12 28.57%
Maxi (+7, 10 pts, 6 rbds)
38.10%
16 38.10%
Seth (+1, 15 pts, 5 asts, 6 rbds)
7.14%
3 7.14%
Luka (+14, 26 pts, 7 asts, 15 rbds, 7 TOs)
7.14%
3 7.14%
Delon (+2, 15 pts, 3 stls, 4 rbds)
19.05%
8 19.05%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 12 DIRKIE: Winner Maxi (38%) | Runner-ups KP (29%) & Delon (19%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who elevated their play above normal to help the team get the win?
Like Reply
RICK Carlisle
Like Reply
Maxi shut down their best player pretty much single handedly.
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/Op7lCudYUKuQw/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
This team is really puzzling. They play to the level of their competition it seems. 

But I gotta give it up to Carlisle. He made some great adjustments, some that we've all been asking for, for a while. Kleber-38 minutes, Powell 14. Seth 32 minutes, THJ-19. Luka AND Kristaps both got more burn in the 4th. 
Love what I saw tonight.

As for the Dirkie, I definitely have to give to KP. His energy to start the game was infectious. Just did all the dirty work. He and Kleber shut the paint DOWN! So many layups and shots altered by his presence. He should've had 4 blocks tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 11:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: This team is really puzzling. They play to the level of their competition it seems. 

But I gotta give it up to Carlisle. He made some great adjustments, some that we've all been asking for, for a while. Kleber-38 minutes, Powell 14. Seth 32 minutes, THJ-19. Luka AND Kristaps both got more burn in the 4th. 
Love what I saw tonight.

As for the Dirkie, I definitely have to give to KP. His energy to start the game was infectious. Just did all the dirty work. He and Kleber shut the paint DOWN! So many layups and shots altered by his presence. He should've had 4 blocks tonight.

Can't we give it to Carlisle?
Like Reply
I had to go with Maxi although the guys listed all were very important.
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 11:00 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: RICK Carlisle

Agree.

Maxi was a defensive stud. Offense was balanced - all missed a lot of three pointers, but scored well on the rest of opportunities.

Luka was double teamed for most of the night which opened a lot of space for others
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 11:09 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Can't we give it to Carlisle?

Dirkies are usually for players only. Players only baby! *Insert Dennis Scott smiling to the camera*
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
1a) KP
1b) Maxi
2) Delon

Ultimately voted for KP. Thought his energy on the boards and defense was great tonight, and he was put in much better spots on offense. He missed some of those, but I think if we keep doing things to get him going, scoring less than 20 will be an off night for him.

Maxi very well deserves a ton of votes as well. Took on a great challenge on defense and did amazing. Not a lot of things happened on offense, but we definitely wouldn’t have won this game without him.

Also have to mention Delon. Efficient, intelligent, and great energy sum it up.

This is another one of those games where just looking at numbers Luka would get the Dirkie, but this was just about an average game from him at this point which is crazy.
Like Reply
Rick for sure especially after everyone's outcries to get Luka in earlier in the 4th. Plus he actually used some of his top coaching ability and strategy!

Players I have to say KP did what I expected pretty much outside of the career high in rebounds. That was a nice bump and Maxi kind of played how I expect him as well.

The guys who stood out were Curry and Delon. Both played excellent defense and played incredibly efficient offensive basketball as well both shooting over 70% from the floor. I got them at 1a and 1b for players who "Exceeded regular expectations" if that's the new form we want to press for as the Dirkie.

If its the old school way we used it then Luka all day for not only his clutch play down the stretch when we were trying to give away the game but his ability to play off the ball a lot more this game getting his team more involved outside of the spot up opportunities. Kid is absolutely special and we are so blessed to say he's a Mav!
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/gwncu
Like Reply
Luka and Mavs fans on twitter calling out Rick after his embarrassing coaching display vs the knicks playing Luka with under 6 min remaining. Luka taking it to the basket and drawing fouls helped a ton to win this game. No one on the Raptor could defend him and then they all started double teaming him. 

Luka for Dirkie
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 11:46 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: https://streamable.com/gwncu
This wasn't on League Pass. Thanks. Smile

Team basketball wins. I did see lot's of improvement tonight as well described above. I voted for Seth because his 3 point shot and overall good play coming back for us looks really good for our future.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Close call between KP or Seth. KP was really active on the glass here and was getting some serious hate on realgm. Seth had been getting some pretty serious hate on these boards and it looked like the decision to stick with him paid off in this one. 

KP by a hair
Like Reply
This was a team win if ever there was one.  Dirkie to the whole team.  Maybe RC gets the write in for this?  Ultimately, I voted for Maxi.  His defensive versatility was in full force tonight.  He was all over Siakam, and the fact that he had the worst night of the season is a key reason we win this game.

KP's shooting was still off, but he played good d and WORKED HARD all game.  Career night on the boards, and he was even diving for loose balls on the floor.  Wow.

Luka's dedication to taking the ball to the lane was critical to this win.  Lived at the line and I felt like it just was body blow after body blow to TOR.  Nice game and I hope to see more of this.  If so, those 3pt looks for Seth/Kleber/DFS/THJ/Wright/KP are going to keep getting better and better as teams HAVE to collapse to stop the onslaught!

Wright's game was understated but he was killing it.  Always had his hands busy for steals - think he had 3-4 - and was a bright spot on a bench unit that wasn't that great tonight.

Seth was the main beneficiary of Luka's onslaught in the paint.  THIS is how 3pt shooting is supposed to work.  Seth is weaponized when the defense has to collapse.  Also had some good defense in this one and made a nice drive.  If he can be this active/aggressive then we are going to be happy with him as the starter!

DFS also had an understated game, but he was a defensive force/glue guy.  Moved the ball well and moved WITHOUT the ball well.  If he makes more of those open shots, this game is a blowout.  If he doesn't make them going forward, he is going to be the designated player the other team just ignores.  He has to make some shots to keep the defense honest!  

THJ was truly terrible tonight.  I think his worst game of the season.  It bears specific mention because for the first time, I was legitimately thinking of not caring about his trade value and giving him a DNP to get someone else some time to develop.  This may be rock bottom from him imo.  It was painful seeing him out there tonight.  Brunson or JJax could have used some more run - I feel like RC is losing JB.
Like Reply
This is the toughest one to call yet and Luka isn't even in my list.

KP, Maxi, Delon, and Seth... I think I'll give it to KP for the rebounding primarily.  He has been a stud on the boards lately after a slow start on that area.  I hope that puts to rest our early concerns about that.
Like Reply
The whole Starting Five.
Like Reply
Please allow me to quote myself from the game thread:

(11-16-2019, 10:20 PM)Davevoid Wrote: Fun game, Maxi is a elite defender.

Since defensive contributions often tend to get overlooked in basketball, I'd give him the nod.
Like Reply