Poll: Who finishes the game with more points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tatum
14.29%
1 14.29%
Luka
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: DAL (42-26) vs. BOS (41-28)| 95-92 WIN!
(03-13-2022, 04:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I can’t believe Brunson messed up the play before that. I’m still mad.

Speaking of rough games.

Luka needs to be smarter in late game situations on defense.
Like Reply
Pretty dumb foul there. I think smart taking a super long three pointer is pretty much the ideal situation. He’ll probably miss a free-throw anyway.
Like Reply
Refs betting on this game.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
What a crazy ending to this game!
Like Reply
God King better get every last Dirkie vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Well, that was impressive.  Announcers had me doubting what I thought I knew about fouling a shooter.
[-] The following 4 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Hogmelon, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12, Tyler
Like Reply
(03-13-2022, 05:01 PM)cow Wrote: God King better get every last Dirkie vote.

He’s going to get mine!
Like Reply
Tatum ends up 7/23 for 21 pts.  Ooof.
Like Reply
Fantastic win! I didn’t think the Mavs could pull it out. Vegas had it between +7 and +8 before tip.
Like Reply
(03-13-2022, 05:03 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Tatum ends up 7/23 for 21 pts.  Ooof.

DFS
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
What a tough win. Neither team played their best but both teams worked their butts off...probably the reason for some extra turnovers.

I thought for sure that was a foul on Luka.  Every thing I have seen in basketball that if you foul on the follow through it is a foul.  I will take it though.

Spencer with a big three and DFS with a bunch of them.   Maxi was a beast on the boards and some huge blocks.  One nitpick though is against good defenses when Dwight doesn't get lobs and Maxi doesn't get a lot of open threes that they are both pretty much non factors on offense.    That could be something that hurts us (on offense) in a playoff series.   Against teams that double Luka, it would really be lethal having a guy who can create on the 4 on 3.  Dwight can make the pass to the corner, but neither Maxi or dwight provide much more. 

Great win.

Seeing that game today, I just don't think we should spend any time looking for lumbering centers moving forward.   I think if you can't guard some on the perimeter, you are not going to be of any use to Kidd.
Like Reply
What a game wow.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
2 of the best defenses in the NBA going at each other. Such a fun grind it out game. We have a great squad
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
-Maxi is starting to look like Dwight on perimeter offense, just no confidence.   
-Josh had a rough second half but had some nice scoring bursts in the first half.
-Up and down games for JB/Dinwiddie but Dinwiddie was way more timely.  I'm starting to wonder if the Spencer addition has thrown off Jalen's chemistry.  Something to watch anyway.
-Really weird game from the officials.  Letting them play for the most part but you had that strange flagrant review when Tatum was barely touched on a 3PT attempt and I'm still not sure that Luka foul on Smart wasn't a foul.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(03-13-2022, 05:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote:
Seeing that game today, I just don't think we should spend any time looking for lumbering centers moving forward.   I think if you can't guard some on the perimeter, you are not going to be of any use to Kidd.
I don’t think we should use too many resources on finding one either. Maxi can close out a game defensively if he’s healthy. Powell can get us going offensively to start the game. 

We could be fine with a minimum player in the offseason if it came down to it. Then draft a big with our pick.
Like Reply
(03-13-2022, 05:28 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: I don’t think we should use too many resources on finding one either. Maxi can close out a game defensively if he’s healthy. Powell can get us going offensively to start the game. 

We could be fine with a minimum player in the offseason if it came down to it. Then draft a big with our pick.

A veteran like McGee would be nice and should be inexpensive.
Like Reply
Luka so completely owns Boston at this point that it allows his teammates to get open shots like this. 

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...25792?s=21
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • burekemde, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-13-2022, 05:45 PM)Tyler Wrote: Luka so completely owns Boston at this point that it allows his teammates to get open shots like this. 

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...25792?s=21

They doubled Luka a lot during this game. The team with Dinwiddie, Brunson, DFS punished that. Our increased creativity really makes Luka doubling a no go.

(03-13-2022, 05:20 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: 2 of the best defenses in the NBA going at each other. Such a fun grind it out game. We have a great squad

Agree there was some playoff like intensity over this game.
Like Reply
(03-13-2022, 05:27 PM)cow Wrote: -Maxi is starting to look like Dwight on perimeter offense, just no confidence.   
-Josh had a rough second half but had some nice scoring bursts in the first half.
-Up and down games for JB/Dinwiddie but Dinwiddie was way more timely.  I'm starting to wonder if the Spencer addition has thrown off Jalen's chemistry.  Something to watch anyway.
-Really weird game from the officials.  Letting them play for the most part but you had that strange flagrant review when Tatum was barely touched on a 3PT attempt and I'm still not sure that Luka foul on Smart wasn't a foul.

I don't like the 3 pg lineup starting the game.  I think Kidd had to try it to see what it looked like,  but I think the answer was a negative.  Seemed like it was a very clunky start where they didn't really know what to do.  You don't want those guys standing around as much as they were.  I think it affected both JB and Din.
Like Reply
These boys have learned how to win. SD is a perfect fit next to Luka and DFS. I really like what Green brings too. He's coming along nicely.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply