Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kendrick Perkins is
...and has always been, fake tough.

My friends that I watched Mavs games with back in the day called Kendrick Perkins "Mean Face". He wasn't any good, and he wasn't even much of an enforcer. He just built a bit of a reputation as a tough guy by making faces on the court. Fake tough. 

KG did this too but he was actually good at basketball.

Anyway, it just struck me that Perkins is at it again. He's attempting to build a media career in the same way that he built his NBA career. He's just verbally, or in print, making faces at Porzingis. He's doing his fake tough thing again.

He's taking a page out of Skip "The Fraud" Bayless' book. Make your way in the media world by pitting yourself against someone who people actually care about. It's coattail riding.

Always was, and still is, fake tough.
Like Reply
(11-15-2019, 10:13 PM)fifteenth Wrote: ...and has always been, fake tough.

My friends that I watched Mavs games with back in the day called Kendrick Perkins "Mean Face". He wasn't any good, and he wasn't even much of an enforcer. He just built a bit of a reputation as a tough guy by making faces on the court. Fake tough. 

KG did this too but he was actually good at basketball.

Anyway, it just struck me that Perkins is at it again. He's attempting to build a media career in the same way that he built his NBA career. He's just verbally, or in print, making faces at Porzingis. He's doing his fake tough thing again.

He's taking a page out of Skip "The Fraud" Bayless' book. Make your way in the media world by pitting yourself against someone who people actually care about. It's coattail riding.

Always was, and still is, fake tough.
Can't say I have thought much about Kendrick Perkins lately, but agree that his tweets are super-annoying in the same way that his play was on the court, lol. 

Someone used to retweet him pretty often, and I did something to silence him, so I will now return to my blissful lack of consciousness of his existence.  

Smile
Like Reply
There is nothing wrong with what Perkins tweets about the mavs. He calls it like it is. Says Luka will win the MVP soon and Rick Carlisle is overrated. Is he wrong?
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0XduyqZQ0o
Like Reply
Fifteenth is the Kendrick Perkins of MavsForum Angel
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 07:11 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Fifteenth is the Kendrick Perkins of MavsForum Angel

Shots fired.
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 07:11 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Fifteenth is the Kendrick Perkins of MavsForum Angel
What?! Knock it off! We simply don't need to treat each other like that. Fifteenth has been one of the best posters on this board for a very long time. We all have to put up with opinions we don't care for.

PS. I really don't care for Kendrick Perkins and never did. He is attempting to be a professional. We don't have put up with them. We simply turn them off.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(11-17-2019, 12:23 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

Shots fired.

I guess. Except the shot fired doesn't make sense. I might have gotten my feelings hurt if I could figure out what I have in common with Perkins.
Like Reply
(11-17-2019, 12:44 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 12:23 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

Shots fired.

I guess. Except the shot fired doesn't make sense. I might have gotten my feelings hurt if I could figure out what I have in common with Perkins.

I mean, I've seen this brewing for the last week or so. His post makes him seem like the Perkins in all honesty.
Like Reply
Kendrick Perkins is....not worth me getting into it.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(11-17-2019, 12:41 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote:
What?! Knock it off! We simply don't need to treat each other like that. Fifteenth has been one of the best posters on this board for a very long time. We all have to put up with opinions we don't care for.

PS. I really don't care for Kendrick Perkins and never did. He is attempting to be a professional. We don't have put up with them. We simply turn them off.
Agreed. Thanks for your contributions Fif
Like Reply