Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+19, 14 pts, 3 rbd, 3 stl, 4-5 from 3)
12.12%
4 12.12%
Brunson (-9, 23 pts, 1 rbd, 6 ast, 8-13 FG)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+21, 49 pts, 15 rbd, 8 ast, 1 blk)
72.73%
24 72.73%
Dinwiddie (+9, 8 pts, 5 rbd, 1 ast, 1 stl)
3.03%
1 3.03%
Maxi (+11, 20 pts, 4 rbd, 1 stl, 1 blk)
12.12%
4 12.12%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (73%) | Runner-ups MK (12%) & DFS (12%)
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1494511511183708162
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Dorian for the momentum killer in the 4th.  Luka had a rough 4th quarter.
Like Reply
It's clearly Luka, despite that 4th quarter
Like Reply
I know it's easy to discount Luka's performance for a pretty bad 4th filled with stat hunting and heat checks, but the guy still had 45 points in 3 quarters and absolutely torched the Pels. He was a massive reason why the Mavs were up by 20 in the first place.

So for that I'm still giving the Dirkie to him. 

DFS and Brunson with a tie for 2nd. Brunson with incredible shooting. DFS with the clutch steal and also some hot shooting.

It was entirely a game of offense tonight, and the Mavs showed out shooting 53.7/47.5/72 for the team!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Should be Luka but he his careless choke job in the 4th quarter opened the door for one of his teammates. Maybe DFS or Kleber. But both weren´t as good on defense today. Or Dinwinddie as the best new guy.
Like Reply
Luka was great, easy choice for me.
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He was a massive reason why the Mavs were up by 20 in the first place.

He also helped choke away what was left of the 20 point lead when he checked back in.  Mavs at a team squandered a few huge leads the entire game, so it wasn't all on him but he was bad in winning time and I think it mostly comes down to not taking the opponent seriously which was evident in his post game interview.
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:28 PM)cow Wrote: He also helped choke away what was left of the 20 point lead when he checked back in.  Mavs at a team squandered a few huge leads the entire game, so it wasn't all on him but he was bad in winning time and I think it mostly comes down to not taking the opponent seriously which was evident in his post game interview.

Listen, I agree with you he had a subpar 4th because he was focused on getting 50, but he wasn't the primary reason why the Mavs lost their lead. 

Luka subbed out with 9:59 left in the 4th. It was 110-86 at that point. Luka subbed back in at 6:36. It was 115-100. 14-5 run in 3 minutes as soon as Luka went to the bench. 

Then the Pels went on a crazy run with CJ McCollum lighting Brunson up. He hit an and-1 floater, a 3, and then another floater in 2 minutes. Herb then scored on Luka. Then Ingram pulled up on DFS. 

In that time Maxi missed a wide open 3 off a Luka pass. Then DFS missed another wide open 3 off a Brunson drive and kick. 
Luka missed 2 layups during that time as well. 

After all of that. Luka hits a layup, then DFS gets the steal. 

A subpar quarter yes. But not enough to me to spoil an absolute barrage where he put up 45 in 3 quarters and was the primary reason why the team was up by 24 in the first place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • AgGiE1991
Like Reply
Luka didn't elevated nothing, neither Dorian. just another office day.
Spencer drilled his first FT and 3P-er.
That's elevation!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...2509472770
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:37 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Luka didn't elevated nothing, neither Dorian. just another office day.
Spencer drilled his first FT and 3P-er.
That's elevation!

Bertans had a nice drive and kick to Maxi for an open three during the onslaught in the 4th to help quell the run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • LukTheShadow
Like Reply
Sometimes it would be nice to have two or three Dirkies to give out...but I don't.  Maxi for the Dirkie...for the second game in a row.  However...if he keeps playing like this his Dirkies will become harder to earn...just like it is for Luka.  I would have liked to give the Dirkie to Luka, since he is pretty damn good...all the time.  But, as fans, we demand more and more from our stars.  Wish we had a couple more stars on the Mavs...
Like Reply
Luka was tired late in the 4th quarter. Someone other than Luka needs to step up in the 4th quarter. You cannot expect Luka to hit every shot especially after carrying the offensive load for 3 quarters.

I think the Mavs need a 4th quarter closer to help Luka close games. I hope JB becomes that.

Props to Kleber for the timely three and for Doedoe for the clutch defense and score.
Like Reply
Its definitely Luka, (he is awesome!) but I am not really liking this shot hunting, stat chasing version of him. He wanted the ball almost the entire time he was on the court. Seemed like he was trying to prove something to some fans in the arena.
I guess he is taking what the defense gives him, and this was a game that they seem to not have taken all too seriously.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1494518697595179008
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1494520868659159040
Like Reply
Ya, 49 points doesn't come to most players in the history of the game. He gets the dirkie, I just wish he was stat hunting assists to get the triple double as opposed to points.
Like Reply
Luka was obviously the best player on the court and the reason the Mavs won. But I do like having a minimum of 2 GOOD ball handlers on the court at once (and sometimes 3). The offense doesn't bog down as much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 11:38 PM)MFFL Wrote: Luka was obviously the best player on the court and the reason the Mavs won. But I do like having a minimum of 2 GOOD ball handlers on the court at once (and sometimes 3). The offense doesn't bog down as much.

In my experience 3 ball handlers is overkill. There's not enough room and they just start bumping heads. One is okay, but leaves you wanting more unless they are VERY skilled. Two seems to be just right.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/14...7547623442
Like Reply