Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
86.96%
20 86.96%
Knicks
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss
(11-14-2019, 09:24 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 09:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The most annoying part of this game so far is that the Mavs as a team seem perfectly content letting the Knicks showboat and run highlight after highlight on them.

I wish Powell would freaking clothesline Robinson to the ground and get ejected to ignite some passion into this team and send a message.
Mavs need to trade for Draymond Green. He would punch Robinson

If only he was available. Maybe trying to go for Iggy+Crowder would be more realistic. Crowder would knock some sense into some people.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 09:21 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 09:19 PM)Flipper Wrote: Not even Curry can hit a 3

And guys like Bobby Portis, Randle, DSJ and Frank all hit 3's.

Maybe the Knicks are this teams kryptonite.

But then again given how this team has performed the last 2 weeks I just think the team has a major shooting funk.
30%, 21%, 0% (literally 0 makes before this game) and 36% (much lower if you remove the Dallas game last week).

They are a TERRIBLE shooting team. They got super lucky last week and its happening again.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 09:24 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 09:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The most annoying part of this game so far is that the Mavs as a team seem perfectly content letting the Knicks showboat and run highlight after highlight on them.

I wish Powell would freaking clothesline Robinson to the ground and get ejected to ignite some passion into this team and send a message.
Mavs need to trade for Draymond Green. He would punch Robinson

If available would definitely be the best fit. We need that poise, we need that poison.

We need one agressor.

Can't be the gameplan is avoid fouling and shoot conteted early shot clock 3s.

Not a single one of doncics or kristaps 3s was open or set.
Like Reply
The thing I really like about KP is that even with his shot still not falling and an entire stadium openly rooting for him to fail, he still figured out how to hit the offensive glass for easy buckets and finished the half with 13/8, 2 blocks, and good defense.  He's sorta the anti-Barnes in that regard, and I appreciate his commitment to power through any adversity.
Like Reply
I do not like Seth's body language, the way he sauntered back to the bench.  Come on, show some hustle.  And some of the other Mavs are not looking much better.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 09:27 PM)toby451 Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 09:21 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 09:19 PM)Flipper Wrote: Not even Curry can hit a 3

And guys like Bobby Portis, Randle, DSJ and Frank all hit 3's.

Maybe the Knicks are this teams kryptonite.

But then again given how this team has performed the last 2 weeks I just think the team has a major shooting funk.
30%, 21%, 0% (literally 0 makes before this game) and 36% (much lower if you remove the Dallas game last week).

They are a TERRIBLE shooting team. They got super lucky last week and its happening again.

Mavs defense sucks. Might be luck but the Knicks are getting good looks.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 09:28 PM)Tyler Wrote: The thing I really like about KP is that even with his shot still not falling and an entire stadium openly rooting for him to fail, he still figured out how to hit the offensive glass for easy buckets and finished the half with 13/8, 2 blocks, and good defense.  He's sorta the anti-Barnes in that regard, and I appreciate his commitment to power through any adversity.
I agree on this. It would be easy to put his head down and mail it in effort wise until his shot comes back. He's doing other things to impact the game.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 09:28 PM)Tyler Wrote: The thing I really like about KP is that even with his shot still not falling and an entire stadium openly rooting for him to fail, he still figured out how to hit the offensive glass for easy buckets and finished the half with 13/8, 2 blocks, and good defense.  He's sorta the anti-Barnes in that regard, and I appreciate his commitment to power through any adversity.

He has a good game. People flame him for nothing this time.

If the Mavs stop the shity 3 sharade they would be mich better.

Still team needs an enforcer, it doesn't matter if Carlisle and Cuban don't want one.
Like Reply
Team needs an actual SHOOTING guard.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 09:31 PM)B-E-Z Wrote: Team needs an actual SHOOTING guard.
I really think Jackson can fill that role but he's in Rick's dog house it seems. He doesn't get regular minutes.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 09:30 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:

Still team needs an enforcer, it doesn't matter if Carlisle and Cuban don't want one.

I said it last week, but IMO RC has no stomach for hard nosed basketball, which is why the Mavs seem to just get abused around the goal so much.
Like Reply

The PERFECT two for this Mavs team would be Donovan Mitchell imo. Able to guard ones. He’s good offensively and defensively. Would love him. Pipe dream I know.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 09:34 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 09:30 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:

I said it last week, but IMO RC has no stomach for hard nosed basketball, which is why the Mavs seem to just get abused around the goal so much.

He was pretty happy with Stevensson, Kidd, Marion and Chandler. Needs the right personal for physical basketball and the Mavs don´t have it.
Don´t know if it is on Donnie, Mark or RC but they have ignored gritty, physical and tough players in free agency.
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 09:33 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
I really think Jackson can fill that role but he's in Rick's dog house it seems. He doesn't get regular minutes.

I’m not sure why he can’t see the floor. Gets easy buckets
Like Reply
Mavs 2-18 on 3PTA  abysmal
6 missed free throws
poor defense

still down only 5 points

Hopefully, they get it together in 2nd half

TNT halftime    Group disses Knicks, Shaq gives props to Boban, complete with video
Like Reply
These Knicks fans are truly something else, can't even be mad at them.

Booing KP is basically all they've got left of this season, 10 games in...
Like Reply
TNT dumped on the Knicks at the half and praised Doncic and Porzingis.  Weird.
Like Reply
I mean.. eventually they'll make their 3s, right?

Cmon mavs. Have a strong 3rd
Like Reply
(11-14-2019, 08:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 08:53 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 08:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: DSJ hits 2 3's tonight just lol.

KP just shoot the wide open 3, wtf are you thinking driving the ball???

He's not shooting great, so he's trying to go to the goal to get a basket or a foul.  I don't blame him.

Thats fair, BUT in that specific case he was wide open and set. No need to drive into the defense and hope the refs bail you out when you have a wide open 3.
Sorry, had to pause and go do stuff, then I got behind on the DVR.

He was sort of open 5-6 feet beyond the 3 point line on that one.  I'm still too old school to call that open.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
Great defensive possession to open the half.

And then KP finds the wide open Luka who couldn't hit it. But that was beautiful basketball, just couldn't covert.

KP WITH THE STUFF!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply