Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
57.14%
4 57.14%
Kings
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 35: DAL (17-18) @ SAC (15-22) | 112-96 win
Post-COVID RB is AMAZING!
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 07:36 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Great passing by RB.

I am glad some of these guys are getting some good playing time when others are out.  Hopefully it puts them in a rhythm.   We have seen it with Sterling Brown and a little with Josh Green.  Hopefully Bullock is next.   I have always thought the more you touch the ball, the easier it is to get in a groove.   He has made some nice passes.   Sometimes just waiting to get passed the ball so you can shoot is very hard to pull off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
If Jalen Brunson takes a shot, I think it will go in.

You may figure out how much that is worth in salary.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 07:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Post-COVID RB is AMAZING!

Here’s hoping all of those other guys benefit, too.

(12-31-2021, 07:40 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: If Jalen Brunson takes a shot, I think it will go in.

You may figure out how much that is worth in salary.

[Image: make_money_gif.gif]
Like Reply
Held SAC to 20 points in the 3rd....defense staying strong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
@"Kammrath" I understand that Fox isn’t really a pnr guy and Haliburton hasn’t been given the keys yet (soon). That probably has a bearing on what I am about to ask you, but:

Watching these last two games, has Richaun Holmes looked to you like someone who would move the needle much for Dallas?
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 07:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Watching these last two games, has Richaun Holmes looked to you like someone who would move the needle much for Dallas?

Yeah I really do. I think he would unlock Luka offensively while being defensively switchable on the other end.
Like Reply
Jalen is so good midrange and getting to the rim.   I swear if we had a couple more guys to create, he would just kill teams.  Teams wouldn't know what to do with Luka, Jalen and X.   He is pretty good when he is the only creator, but would be lethal with 1 or 2 more he could play off of.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 07:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah I really do. I think he would unlock Luka offensively while being defensively switchable on the other end.

I respect your opinion, and I like the player. I liked him better before he got this latest contract, but I like the player. After watching these two games however, I am honestly not sure he’s better than Powell, particularly at the two skills you just mentioned. No joke.

(12-31-2021, 07:59 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Jalen is so good midrange and getting to the rim.   I swear if we had a couple more guys to create, he would just kill teams.  Teams wouldn't know what to do with Luka, Jalen and X.   He is pretty good when he is the only creator, but would be lethal with 1 or 2 more he could play off of.

Yeah, he can handle the ball with creativity and score in multiple ways from all three levels. I think we are very spoiled by Luka and don’t fully appreciate how rare that is in the NBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 07:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: After watching these two games however, I am honestly not sure he’s better than Powell, particularly at the two skills you just mentioned. No joke.

Interesting. I think he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, in no small part because of his midrange floater game that DP does not have at all. I also think RH is a better screener and commits less offensive fouls setting screens.
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 08:01 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Interesting. I think he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, in no small part because of his midrange floater game that DP does not have at all. I also think RH is a better screener and commits less offensive fouls setting screens.

I agree that the mid range is something Powell does not have. I also agree that Powell has been committing a lot of offensive fouls lately. I’m not so sure that I agree about the “better screens“ part but it’s kind of hard to tell watching him play for Sacramento.
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 07:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I respect your opinion, and I like the player. I liked him better before he got this latest contract, but I like the player. After watching these two games however, I am honestly not sure he’s better than Powell, particularly at the two skills you just mentioned. No joke.

Powell has been the much better player tonight.  The problem is that he's boom or bust and most often is a bust.  If you could get any type of consistency that approximates his performance tonight, he'd be worth his contract.  That could be said about most of our players outside of KP, Luka, JB and DFS.  Holmes hasn't been impressive at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
Lolz, Bagley keeps biting on Chriss’s ball fake from 3. What a clown.
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 08:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Lolz, Bagley keeps biting on Chriss’s ball fake from 3. What a clown.

Gotta respect MC from long range. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Love Chriss' effortless athleticism.
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 08:07 PM)cow Wrote: That could be said about most of our players outside of KP, Luka, JB and DFS.

Yeah I’m holding out hope that all of the inconsistency is due to them learning new stuff from a new coaching staff, and that the best of what we have seen from them this season is closer to who they really are than the worst.

(12-31-2021, 08:12 PM)cow Wrote: Love Chriss' effortless athleticism.

Yeah, and what separates him from WCS for me is that he always plays hard. He is far more likely to do something smart than Willie, too.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Guess Moses became the 1st waive-guy in case of a trade, no?
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 08:16 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Guess Moses became the 1st waive-guy in case of a trade, no?

It’s going to drive people crazy, but I can see it, honestly.  Can see him being the guy waived to sign Chriss, too, so hat they can hang onto WCS’s contract for the TDL.
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 08:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah I’m holding out hope that all of the inconsistency is due to them learning new stuff from a new coaching staff, and that the best of what we have seen from them this season is closer to who they really are than the worst.

I don't have a lot of hope for Powell.  The last two Kings games are just him in a nutshell.  He's like some version of my 10%/40%/50% (Deserves the contract and minutes/Deserves a roster spot/Should be out of the league)that I used for WCS except DP is more committed to the game which might be more damning.

(12-31-2021, 08:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It’s going to drive people crazy, but I can see it, honestly.  Can see him being e guy waived to sign Chriss, too, so hat they can hang onto WCS’s contract for the TDL.

Lack of mobility make him a situational player at best and the Mavs already have at least one of those on the roster.  He's a fringe NBA player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-31-2021, 08:17 PM)cow Wrote: Lack of mobility make him a situational player at best and the Mavs already have at least one of those on the roster.  He's a fringe NBA player.

Chriss, or WCS?
Like Reply