Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (11 pts)
0%
0 0%
Maxi (11 pts)
0%
0 0%
Boban (9 pts, 5 rbds)
3.70%
1 3.70%
Seth (16 pts)
0%
0 0%
Luka (24 pts, 14 rbds, 8 asts)
29.63%
8 29.63%
DP (+18, 11 pts, 7 rbds)
0%
0 0%
THJ (+19, 20 pts)
33.33%
9 33.33%
Justin (+13, 17 pts)
14.81%
4 14.81%
Delon (+20, 6 pts, 6 asts, 7 rbds)
14.81%
4 14.81%
Jalen (+15, 13 pts)
3.70%
1 3.70%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9 DIRKIE: Winner THJ (33%) & Runner-up Luka (30%)
(11-11-2019, 03:51 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I hope Mak stays

We all do. No one wants him to leave. 

The only thing I told Magick was that I was unwilling to be a mod alongside him. You cannot keep his trolling episodes in check if he is a mod. He is a good poster the majority of the time, but he has his times (and we all know it from YEARS of experience and to his own admission to some extent, though I don't think he is aware of how he comes across at different times) where something gets into him and he acts out as a troll. 

If Magick and company want him to stay a mod and are fine with his episodes that is fine, then I will step down as a mod and just disappear while he is acting out (I am not interested in being bullied by him). But if Magick and company want to make him a normal poster then I will stay a mod (if wanted) and do my best to keep trolling under relative control and not disruptive to the board.

(11-11-2019, 03:57 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Avoid any appearance of bias.

How is there bias by listing two instead of one in the title if it was close? It is just information that allows the reader to know the vote was pretty split.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 03:59 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

The only thing I told Magick was that I was unwilling to be a mod alongside him. You cannot keep his trolling episodes in check if he is a mod. He is a good poster the majority of the time, but he has his times (and we all know it from YEARS of experience and to his own admission to some extent, though I don't think he is aware of how he comes across at different times) where something gets into him and he acts out as a troll. 

If Magick and company want him to stay a mod and are fine with his episodes that is fine, then I will step down as a mod and just disappear while he is acting out (I am not interested in being bullied by him). But if Magick and company want to make him a normal poster then I will stay a mod (if wanted) and do my best to keep trolling under relative control and not disruptive to the board.

(11-11-2019, 03:57 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Avoid any appearance of bias.

How is there bias by listing two instead of one in the title if it was close? It is just information that allows the reader to know the vote was pretty split.

When the person you were rep'ing gets put on the marquee (by you) with the top vote getter, there is the appearance of bias.  I think Fif even said just to let the vote stand without updating it.  Everyone can see the results after the vote.  This is unnecessary drama.  I hope everyone is able to make up from this.  I agree with what Magik said earlier - the Mods have a board to handle this sort of stuff behind the screen.  Probably needs to be worked out there.  This is unproductive. 

Other than that, keep up the good work.  You are da man.
Like Reply
I hope Mak stays as a poster. I don't think either Mak or Kamm should be mods. Mak is a troll, which I don't mind, but I understand it sets a bad example and we don't want it to get out of control.. Kamm is just way too passionate about his opinions and making other people agree with him to be in charge Tongue

Are you guys (Magic/Kamm) saying that Mak is lying about not being able to log on to his account and that he made the other account and the goodbye post just to try and make you look bad?
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 06:58 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: Are you guys (Magic/Kamm) saying that Mak is lying about not being able to log on to his account and that he made  the other account and the goodbye post just to try and make you look bad?

I am not necessarily implying it is a lie... there is the possibility there is a bug or a mistake somewhere in the coding that it errored out when he tried...

but all I know is that I did not ban him, I simply changed his status from Mod to Registered which is what everyone else is and able to login ... 

(11-11-2019, 06:58 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: I hope Mak stays as a poster.  I don't think either Mak or Kamm should be mods.  Mak is a troll, which I don't mind, but I understand it sets a bad example and we don't want it to get out of control..  Kamm is just way too passionate about his opinions and making other people agree with him to be in charge Tongue

I hope Mak stays as well as I have always enjoyed him and like some of his shtick and jokes... but I don't like when they are directed at one of us. Make a joke at one of the players expense or make a joke about something that stirs things up, but Kamm is right to feel he was being bulled which I am not a fan of. 

The FIRST person I banned was a user named MakSux... I didn't allow someone to pick on him, and I am giving that same respect to Kamm in this spat between Mak and Kamm. 

Now... about Kamm being a Mod? I am personally passionate and I can get that being abrasive and an issue at times but I prefer that over not enough passion. I don't currently have anyone helping to run this board as much as Kamm is so to remove him would genuinely cause this board to not be held to the same oil machine standards it is currently running at. 

So I personally vote he stays on as a Mod and deserves our respect as one. I would have liked Mak to have been able to stay on as a Mod as I personally dont have an issue with him but there was clearly a back and forth in the modding between the two, where Kamm would communicate with me and work with me, Mak I havent heard from in awhile. 

I took up for you first Mak and I would do it again and maybe I am wrong this time too...

but I wish you wouldnt have gone public about this, and I would have liked us all to work this out behind closed doors. 

If Kamm leaves the board will suffer unless we get great mods to step into his place, but I personally have enjoyed his work and his help. 

Mak I like as a poster and never have had any personal qualms with except for this, and really I think this is all over blown up over a lilttle spat that shouldnt have been this big of an issue

where the Dirkie is concerned it seems I am out of the majority when it comes to how I remember the Dirkie always being rewarded so I try not to impose my views on to that...

it may be that Kamm is imposing his own views a bit too much into it and we will have to adjust that some. I am sure Kamm could be mature enough to do it the way most of the board thinks it should be over what he and I may prefer. 

blah blah blah? I hope we can all move past this quick and I will figure out a peaceful resolution soon, I am still working on it
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 02:39 PM)Mak1 Wrote: WOW!

Mak here. Can't log into my original account anymore so just made this one to post a farewell. Feel free to ban this one as well but FYI i'm not going to create any threads and will only be using it to make this one post in this one thread, since i didn't really get any notice i figured i can at least say goodbye out of respect to some who may wonder what happened. 

Really did not expect this to get this serious but I guess my bro Kamm successfully lobbied behind the scenes to get rid of me. For the record, I never received any form of communication about any of this at any point from Kamm (or Magick) or anyone else so i'm a bit surprised. I even gave my personal phone # and email to Magick/Kamm a while back in the interest of quick and clear communication so it seems unfortunate it ended this way, without any of that at all. 

Anyway, I said from the start of this site that I would never want to infringe where i'm not wanted so will not argue the decision. I'm addicted to Mavs talk tho so I guess i'll just have to dust off my old twitter handle or finally give in to signing up on Reddit at some point. 

Thanks to everyone here that contributed to the community and put up with me through the process. I learned a lot and enjoyed the company. To everyone I may have offended at any point, I can virtually guarantee it was likely part of a bad joke-gone-wrong rather than something truly malicious intended to hurt ya. 

Love > Hate, always. I wish y'all the best of luck and a bright future!

Peace.
michaelmakda@gmail.com

[Image: ezgif.com-optimize3.gif]

(11-11-2019, 03:59 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
Just checking in to acknowledge my account is not banned. If Magick says he did not intend to ban me then I trust that’s the truth, so here’s my way of clearing his name since I did imply he banned me previously.

However, I actually was unable to access the forum using my account around noonish yesterday so I’m not sure what happened if it wasn’t a ban. I took a screenshot if anyone thinks I’m lying. The text read: “Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.” Tried 3 times and wouldn’t work but could access perfectly when I logged out, so I figured something was done to my account.

All that being said, I honestly was not aware Kamm’s animosity towards me was serious enough to the point of giving Magick an ultimatum in the way he did, so it’s probably still for the best that I step away for some time. Kamm’s doing a good job, last thing I’d wanna do is be a thorn in his side.

Thanks all, keep up the good work.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 12:31 PM)Mak Wrote: Kamm’s animosity towards me

It is not at you, just at certain trolling behaviors. I am not interested in modding alongside someone who will occasionally use their modding powers to troll. Don't need that kind of stress in my life, even if it may seem incidental to you. 

I want you to stay and when you aren't trolling you are a great poster that adds a lot to the board.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 12:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 12:31 PM)Mak Wrote: Kamm’s animosity towards me

It is not at you, just at certain trolling behaviors. I am not interested in modding alongside someone who will occasionally use their modding powers to troll. Don't need that kind of stress in my life, even if it may seem incidental to you. 

I want you to stay and when you aren't trolling you are a great poster that adds a lot to the board.

Nobody should troll, it's fun at the cost of others. Mods especially should not troll.
Maybe I'm too serious but I'm interested in sincere basketball and Mavs talk. You see what happens to a country once the adminstration starts trolling right now.
Like Reply