Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a bruiser!
Maybe when Ayton comes back and Baynes plays 15mins a game the Suns will look to trade him.

Powell and 2nd rd picks??
Like Reply
(11-29-2019, 07:13 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 06:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 06:07 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Doesn't wide, strong and nasty usually come from a big though?   
Pretty much, not sure what SPM had in mind when he typed it. We need someone to contain the big bodies that push us around in the paint. Powell, Maxi and KP are not those guys try as they may.

Physical players. Boban isn't a bruiser and he is tall.

Lots of 6.6. , 6.7 guys who are bruisers.

Guys that can bang, I don't consider these necessarily to be big men.

Ok, I was responding to wide, strong and nasty.  Wide and strong is what Dallas sometimes lacks in the paint as their front line guys get pushed and around.  Luka and KP both pay the price when the opponents Big men have it too easy and get to pound on the Dallas scorers.  In the paint is where wide and strong becomes a major asset.
Like Reply
[Image: danny-fortson-of-the-dallas-mavericks-po...8x2048.jpg]
Like Reply
(11-30-2019, 11:52 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: [Image: danny-fortson-of-the-dallas-mavericks-po...8x2048.jpg]

Whenever I think of Fortson, I can only think of him in a Hefty bag jersey being destroyed by Shaq.
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 12:09 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Whenever I think of Fortson, I can only think of him in a Hefty bag jersey being destroyed by Shaq.

"I'm a physical player, and I'm pretty sure (O'Neal) knows that I can probably give him a little trouble," Fortson said. "As a matter of fact, I'm not going to say probably. I know I can. If I can go out there with the right mind frame and watch my fouls, I know I can give him fits. I'm going to work as hard as I can so, October 28th, I can prove it."
Like Reply
https://sportando.basketball/en/fiba-rej...-contract/
Like Reply
Baynes is an unrestricted free agent this offseason. I’d love to add him to the frontcourt
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 03:33 PM)matt6715 Wrote: Baynes is an unrestricted free agent this offseason. I’d love to add him to the frontcourt

I think Baynes has made himself a lot of money during Ayton's suspension.  Maybe he dosed him?  Js.
Like Reply
Apparently Shawn Marion thinks so too.

Team has gotten tougher on a whole though.
Like Reply
The "Bruiser" needs to cost < $7M. We already pay $55M for PF/C. We don´t need another super-expensive roleplayer. That powder needs to be kept dry for the SG/SF defensive stud. And those cost money, unless you snatch them from the draft on a rookie deal. These rugged strong bigs can be found every year in free agency. Last year Davis, Holmes, RoLo, O`Quinn or Vonleh all cost less than $5M and a few like Koufos went overseas. Vonleh is getting no burn at Minnesota. If we traded for Covington, I´d ask for him as a cheap throw-in.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 02:57 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: The "Bruiser" needs to cost < $7M. We already pay $55M for PF/C. We don´t need another super-expensive roleplayer. That powder needs to be kept dry for the SG/SF defensive stud. And those cost money, unless you snatch them from the draft on a rookie deal. These rugged strong bigs can be found every year in free agency. Last year Davis, Holmes, RoLo, O`Quinn or Vonleh all cost less than $5M and a few like Koufos went overseas. Vonleh is getting no burn at Minnesota. If we traded for Covington, I´d ask for him as a cheap throw-in.

What does your last sentence have to do with anything you said in the rest of the post? RoCo is a wing, one of the best assets in the league at his contract, and Minnesota's best assets. He is one of the few non-Allstar-but-genuine-3-and-D players in the entire NBA. He is in zero way underpaid - he would get double his current salary on the open market. Moreover, he is not a big. He is a wing.

Not a good look.

Edit: Never mind, I misread. You were saying of Vonleh what I read to refer to Covington. Apologies.
Like Reply
I miss Salah
Like Reply
Harrell who I wanted to draft 4 years ago is the perfect for the Mavs

KP
Harrell
DFS
Luka
Hardaway
Like Reply
Just don't pay over vet minimum for him.
Like Reply
(02-13-2020, 08:58 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: Harrell who I wanted to draft 4 years ago is the perfect for the Mavs

KP
Harrell
DFS
Luka
Hardaway

The Rockets picked him one pick before we picked him. He was on the top of our board as I remember. There were numerous reports we wanted him. Yet another reason to hate the Rockets who were to stupid to keep him.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply