Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.0 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
70.00%
7 70.00%
Nets
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 23: BRK (17-7) @ DAL (11-12) | 99-102 loss | 2-8 in last 10
For the first time in the Luka era (and a good deal of time before that), I am OUT on watching the Mavs until a trade is made. And it damn sure better be the first of several. Barkley hit the nail on the head. KP (dogshit on a max contract), THJ, Bollocks, WCS, and DP (and JB, unfortunately, to grease the wheels on some of those others) all, to a man, need to go in order for the "wasting this kid's career" era to end. I have watched my final game of this roster of the Mavs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 01:16 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: For the first time in the Luka era (and a good deal of time before that), I am OUT on watching the Mavs until a trade is made. And it damn sure better be the first of several. Barkley hit the nail on the head. KP (dogshit on a max contract), THJ, Bollocks, WCS, and DP (and JB, unfortunately, to grease the wheels on some of those others) all, to a man, need to go in order for the "wasting this kid's career" era to end. I have watched my final game of this roster of the Mavs.

Our sights need to be set on 23-24.  Future first rounders should be off the table.  

-Can't move DP, has one more year after this season.  Maybe as filler for a Wall-like contract.
-WCS is expiring.  He better not be in a Mavs uniform next year and I have no idea how he's lasted so long on this team. 
-Bullock for Kemba (my pencil eraser special) is sounding better and better by the game.
-Can you even trade THJ at this point?  
-KP has probably worked himself up to nickels or dimes on the dollar trade status.  Hooray?
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 01:53 AM)cow Wrote: Our sights need to be set on 23-24.  Future first rounders should be off the table.  

-Can't move DP, has one more year after this season.  Maybe as filler for a Wall-like contract.
-WCS is expiring.  He better not be in a Mavs uniform next year and I have no idea how he's lasted so long on this team. 
-Bullock for Kemba (my pencil eraser special) is sounding better and better by the game.
-Can you even trade THJ at this point?  
-KP has probably worked himself up to nickels or dimes on the dollar trade status.  Hooray?

Kemba's knees are shot. He leaks more points on D than he makes or facilitates on O. He was supposed to be the great homecoming last hurrah in NYK ... and Thibs has axed him in ~20 games. Avoid Kemba at all costs. Let one of the LA teams think he is going to help them.

Also, if you are sceptical on the possibility of trading Timmy then you should be doubly so on that of 25.7%-3pt Reggie.

I, personally, don't see any reason to blow up the roster - some suave trades, sure, but no nukes. However, if one did then one should seriously think about what one could get for Luka.
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 01:56 AM)BackToSquareOne Wrote: Kemba's knees are shot. He leaks more points on D than he makes or facilitates on O. He was supposed to be the great homecoming last hurrah in NYK ... and Thibs has axed him in ~20 games. Avoid Kemba at all costs. Let one of the LA teams think he is going to help them.

Also, if you are sceptical on the possibility of trading Timmy then you should be doubly so on that of 25.7%-3pt Reggie.

I, personally, don't see any reason to blow up the roster - some suave trades, sure, but no nukes. However, if one did then one should seriously think about what one could get for Luka.

Kemba's corpse would be more productive than Bullock and his contract expires a year earlier.  Again, I'm looking towards '23-24.  Kemba was dumb for signing onto a Thibs team.  I certainly don't think he's an answer to what is ailing this team.  This roster can't be fixed.
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 02:07 AM)cow Wrote: Kemba's corpse would be more productive than Bullock and his contract expires a year earlier.  Again, I'm looking towards '23-24.  Kemba was dumb for signing onto a Thibs team.  I certainly don't think he's an answer to what is ailing this team.  This roster can't be fixed.

What the roster needs is a 4/5 who can bang, is a decent amount bigger than DP and, for preference, can shoot. Trading for that should be done now in the TDL season. Dragic will also presumably turn up at some point. It's not clear to me how great an acquisition that really will be and it will presumably piss off JB, but ... ok, maybe it will stabilise second units in some way - if that's a major problem. If you don't get obliterated on D playing Luka and Dragic that's a whole different matter. But, again, that's not obvious.
Like Reply