Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.0 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
70.00%
7 70.00%
Nets
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 23: BRK (17-7) @ DAL (11-12) | 99-102 loss | 2-8 in last 10
Pound for pound the best half of basketball I've seen this team play all season. I hope they can keep it going.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 08:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: TNT announcers talking about Luka looking overweight and Reggie Miller then talking about diet and what you put in your body being so important, "He has to trim down, he really does."

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1468...91591?s=20
Like Reply
Green was pretty good - I could've lived without that bone head 4pt foul on Harden. 

Such an odd time to throw him to the wolves, imo.
Like Reply
first half thoughts:

The ball movement is excellent.  The pace is really good.   Faster pace is good!   Brunson helps push the pace.  The Mavs got a ton of really good threes, they just missed most until the final 2.   Those are good shots they are taking though.  Most off good passes.  

Luka does look big out there.

KP very active

Glad Green got some run.  Didn't do anything but let him get some minutes to see if he sinks or swim.

Frank didn't do anything on offense, but he still looks like a guy who should be out there.

Hardaway's three isnt falling but he is finding others way to score. 

Maybe James Johnson was the missing piece Smile

There are times watching this team when you think they are not far off.  It hasn't happened much this year and usually small stretches, but you see it sometimes.  Need to see it more.
[-] The following 6 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Kammrath, KillerLeft, LukTheShadow, Paul Gasol, Tyler
Like Reply
DFS slowly but surely becoming the Mavs best 3 point shooter...
Those Ntilikina minutes on Harden..wow
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 08:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Pound for pound the best half of basketball I've seen this team play all season. I hope they can keep it going.

Now imagine Luka playing just as good at half the weight. Points per pound ratio would be of the charts.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 08:31 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: There are times watching this team when you think they are not far off.  It hasn't happened much this year and usually small stretches, but you see it sometimes.  Need to see it more.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel.
Like Reply
Offense has been really good, finally some movement, not just standing around waiting for Luka. Even with just 25 % from three offense looked great. I don't know how this BKN team is supposed to be second best defense, because they didn't show much so far. I hope they don't show me in the second half.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka has created so many amazing looks that have become Bullock bricks tonight. I am so ready for him to start knocking down those 3’s.
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Luka is getting pissed. I sure hope he can keep his head in the game.
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 08:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Luka has created so many amazing looks that have become Bullock bricks tonight. I am so ready for him to start knocking down those 3’s.

Traditionally he has sucked the first two months of the season and then gets hot. Should be starting to heat up.....hurry up!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
One way I know Luka is overweight: 

I look at Harden during this game and think, "Huh, Harden looks skinny compared to Luka."
Like Reply
Brooklyn has gone to another gear, effort wise. Let’s see if the Mavericks can match.
Like Reply
Luka still talking to that ref on that defensive possession. Sigh..
Like Reply
I feel like I can literally see Luka disengaging from the ball game and starting to worry more about his war with the refs and a couple of opposing players. I thought that last step back was sort of a “F you” attempt. 

He needs to grow out of this, because he has been the best player on the floor tonight. You win these battles by winning the game.
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
i like the threes much better off of penetration rather than shooting without going inside the arc....even when we miss.   Keep attacking.
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 09:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I feel like I can literally see Luka disengaging from the ball game and starting to worry more about his war with the refs and a couple of opposing players. I thought that last step back was sort of a “F you” attempt. 

He needs to grow out of this, because he has been the best player on the floor tonight. You win these battles by winning the game.

It COMPLETELY changes the momentum of a game and the team's defensive performance always tanks during these moments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
TIM SHOW!
Like Reply
How are the Mavs winning? 8-33 from three...24.2%....what the hell?
Like Reply
Great hands by the French Prince bailed Brunson out there. Oh, and DFS!!!!!!
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply