Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
41.67%
5 41.67%
Grizzlies
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 22: MEM (13-10) @ DAL (11-11) | 90-97 loss
(12-04-2021, 11:13 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I mean you kind of expect the offense to suck without Luka and KP...

Even with them, this team has been in the bottom-10 of the league in almost every offensive category - points, FG%, 3-pt shooting, etc. We already knew this wasn't going to be a good defensive team but now the offense is bad this year.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Isaac_Rivals/status/...77602?s=20

Even Bane is laughing at the Mavs. I liked Josh Green (and still do) but he's done here...can't even get into the game on a night without Luka playing and Bullock/Brown keep stinking it up. They need to hurry up and offload him for whatever value they can get because there is no future here.

And Bane is good but if we were doing a hindsight re-draft, Tyrese Maxey would be the one. That one hurts more IMO
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(12-05-2021, 12:17 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: https://twitter.com/Isaac_Rivals/status/...77602?s=20

Even Bane is laughing at the Mavs. I liked Josh Green (and still do) but he's done here...can't even get into the game on a night without Luka playing and Bullock/Brown keep stinking it up. They need to hurry up and offload him for whatever value they can get because there is no future here.

And Bane is good but if we were doing a hindsight re-draft, Tyrese Maxey would be the one. That one hurts more IMO

Value from Green is probably blood from a stone at this point.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 08:25 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: You look up and the Mavs are just 11-10?  They’ve had a pretty easy schedule too. This is the most disappointing season I can remember, so far.  The Mavs just need to focus on staying within 10 tonight.

Well, they did keep it within 10. Nice job.11-11 is a sad record.  What a disappointment.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 11:25 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Even with them, this team has been in the bottom-10 of the league in almost every offensive category - points, FG%, 3-pt shooting, etc. We already knew this wasn't going to be a good defensive team but now the offense is bad this year.

17th in offensive rating going into this one which is closer to mediocre than outright bad. Dragged down a bit by two putrid outlier games against Atlanta and Denver early in the season and a poor stretch when Luka missed 3 games. Really nothing wrong with this offense that actually hitting our open shots wouldn't fix assuming everyone is healthy. Bullock and Hardaway both starting the season cold in particular has been the most damaging thing
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(12-05-2021, 12:32 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Really nothing wrong with this offense that actually hitting our open shots wouldn't fix assuming everyone is healthy.

I think that is true....but more time will tell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(12-05-2021, 12:28 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Well, they did keep it within 10. Nice job.11-11 is a sad record.  What a disappointment.

Even worse. Our record against teams currently above 0.500 is 1-8. We have the 8th worst point differential.  Speaking of which, how does Memphis have a 13-10 record with a 73 pt win and still a negative differential. Huh
Like Reply
(12-05-2021, 12:17 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: https://twitter.com/Isaac_Rivals/status/...77602?s=20

Ouch....well Bane played overseas so it was probably hard for us to get a good look at him.  Right?   Ha ha.   
My question for Donnie, Bob, etc....the decision makers in that 2020 draft is draft is if they ever saw Josh Green play in person?   How many full games did they watch?

Same thing with Bane.   Did Donnie or Bob ever go down and watch games in person.   2020 was a weird year with no in person draft workouts, but I strongly believe seeing guys in person is more important than anything.   You need to grind and put in the work.   

As far as Green goes, that quote from Bane goes on my wall and I am in the gym last night after the game.
Like Reply
(12-05-2021, 08:21 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Ouch....well Bane Green played overseas so it was probably hard for us to get a good look at him.  Right?   Ha ha.   
My question for Donnie, Bob, etc....the decision makers in that 2020 draft is draft is if they ever saw Josh Green play in person?   How many full games did they watch?

Same thing with Bane.   Did Donnie or Bob ever go down and watch games in person.   2020 was a weird year with no in person draft workouts, but I strongly believe seeing guys in person is more important than anything.   You need to grind and put in the work.   

As far as Green goes, that quote from Bane goes on my wall and I am in the gym last night after the game.

fyp just in case anyone else ends up scratching their head for a few minutes like I did Big Grin
Like Reply
(12-05-2021, 08:21 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Ouch....well Bane played overseas so it was probably hard for us to get a good look at him.  Right?   Ha ha.   

Well if it's any consolation, Saddiq Bey has hit a wall with Detroit. He's not having nearly the season he had in his rookie campaign.  Doesn't mean he can't turn it around, he's already shown the potential.
Like Reply