Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
41.67%
5 41.67%
Grizzlies
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 22: MEM (13-10) @ DAL (11-11) | 90-97 loss
(12-04-2021, 09:37 PM)cow Wrote: Told everyone paying THJ was a mistake.  Struggling to think of who is playing well tonight...Bobi?

Dorian obviously.

Leads team in points, rebounds, blocks, steals, 3 pt percentage and 2nd in assists behind Brunson, cause I don´t acknowledge Powell hands-offs that lead to baskets 10 seconds later, so.
Like Reply
The Mavs are being outshot by 18% from the field and 13% from three....lucky to only be down 12. 

I would normally say the Mavs will turn it around in the second half....but this year? This is kind of normal shooting for them..... Sad
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 09:37 PM)cow Wrote: Told everyone paying THJ was a mistake.  Struggling to think of who is playing well tonight...Bobi?

Not rebuilding the roster in the summer was the mistake. Once they decided to keep KP and not make any bigger trades keeping THJ was more or less the only thing they could do. At least allowed them to operate over the cap. Of course they had to screw up and waste the full MLE.

We will see something similar next summer. Mavs cannot afford to lose DFS or Brunson because they have no way to replace them.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 08:38 PM)cow Wrote: DFS going for a 40 burger tonight.

(12-04-2021, 09:35 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Because he doesn't want to play there. He made that pretty clear in the offseason. He'd add some welcome secondary creation to this team. We're watching Dwight Powell try to play point guard tonight

And maybe more importantly he would also be able to get on Luka's case about some of his bad habits because he's like a mentor to Luka from their time on the Slovenian team.

He recanted that statement soon after. He's not playing because Nurse wants to play the younger guys. He could mentor Luka I agree, but Luka seems like he only dances to his own music. It's going to be hard for him to stop baiting the refs for foul calls, because he did that overseas and got away with it.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 09:40 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Dorian obviously.

Leads team in points, rebounds, blocks, steals, 3 pt percentage and 2nd in assists behind Brunson, cause I don´t acknowledge Powell hands-offs that lead to baskets 10 seconds later, so.

DFS does DFS things with some really nice dimes tonights.  Along with some dumb fouls, he also had a horrible sequence under the basket and ruined a nice drive with an unnecessary kick out.
Like Reply
Dorian 3-5 from three.
Rest 4-18.

FYI last 10 games Dorian is shooting 47% from three.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 09:44 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Dorian 3-5 from three.
Rest 4-18.

FYI last 10 games Dorian is shooting 47% from three.

I was shocked when they announced he was 37% on the season.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 09:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not rebuilding the roster in the summer was the mistake.

Sadly, I think this will be proven to be a very costly mistake. I get a new regime not wanting to do anything drastic when they were just trying to get their bearings....but UGH we all knew how badly a complete redo of the roster was needed.
Like Reply
HT
PIP DAL 6 MEM 20
P3P       21       21

Sad
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 09:44 PM)cow Wrote: I was shocked when they announced he was 37% on the season.

Our 3 point percentages look almost like the inverse of what they should be if you look at the team

Boban: 100%
WCS: 50%
Omoruyi: 50%
Burke: 42.1%
Powell: 41.2%
Kleber: 41.2%
Ntilikina: 35.9%
Dorian: 35.6% (going into this game, obviously a little higher now)
Brunson: 34.9%
Hardaway: 34.5%
Doncic: 32.9%
Porzingis: 30.1%
Bullock: 28.6%
Brown: 28.2%
Green: 0% (okay that one makes sense)
Like Reply
Steven Adams CONTINUES to single handedly destroy the Mavs.
Like Reply
I can’t believe what has come of my Friday and Saturday night this weekend
Like Reply
Random thought: 

IF RC really got more out of his players than they were, THEN Donnie as the lover of "our boys in blue" was the absolute worst GM combination you could imagine for him.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 10:04 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Random thought: 

IF RC really got more out of his players than they were, THEN Donnie as the lover of "our boys in blue" was the absolute worst GM combination you could imagine for him.

The Pacers are 9-16 with a roster that should be better than that. Coaching changes are rocky, we probably need some personnel changes so that Kidd can build the team more in the image of what he wants if he is to be the coach

This team goes as Luka goes, and I don't think him playing in the Olympics in the offseason did the Mavs any favors either
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
Good news is we are seeing that JB is not a lead guard in the NBA before paying him. Good player, but not someone who can truly put a team on his back.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • DrMav, LukTheShadow
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 10:08 PM)MrGoat Wrote: we probably need some personnel changes

[Image: source.gif]
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 10:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Good news is we are seeing that JB is not a lead guard in the NBA before paying him. Good player, but not someone who can truly put a team on his back.

In the event he makes it to free agency, hopefully other teams see it too.

In the event we decide to trade him, hopefully other teams decided this game wasn’t worth watching.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Bane might have more points in this game than Green+Terry+Bey have career points combined. Sadly there is like a 10% chance this outrageous statement is actually true.
Like Reply
Jalen "6-8m per year" Bruson
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • DrMav
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 10:18 PM)cow Wrote: Jalen "6-8m per year" Bruson

If Donnie were still GM you would have forgotten a 1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • MrGoat
Like Reply