Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
9 100.00%
Pelicans
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: NOP (7-18) @ DAL (11-10) | 91-107
(12-03-2021, 11:29 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think that is taking it a little bit to far. He is 22. Many alltime greats had a weaker season that stands out at some point in their career. Some of them earlier. Some of them later.
Dirk for example looked like the he was going to be the best player in the league in 2003. Was clearly worse in 2004. Bounced back and finished top 3 in the MVP race from 05-07.

Dirk always tried hard on both ends whether he was slumping or not. 

I am not sure it is a work ethic issue. Everyone talks about Luka putting a lot of time in the gym.  Dirk was a naturally skinny guy and Luka is a bit on the heavier side. Dirk himself changed his diet and habits after a few years in the league.   Being a more heavier guy Luka needs more work to get in shape than someone like Dirk. Given that folks rave about his work ethic I am confident he will change. 

The thing that bothers me more is the lack of effort frequently on defense. In shape or not he seems to have plenty of energy to always want the ball on offense. Whether he looks a bit tired or not he is giving a lot of effort on offense. He has to give a better effort on defense. In shape or not. Have the mindset to try at least.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 21: NOP (7-18) @ DAL (11-10) | 91-107 - by hakeemfaan - 12-04-2021, 12:53 AM