Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
9 100.00%
Pelicans
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: NOP (7-18) @ DAL (11-10) | 91-107
(12-04-2021, 09:18 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I have read that before. That doesn’t negate what I said.

Edit. My bad. Let me check JJB podcast. I always assumed he was talking about diet

I think the main thoughts are in here if I remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g39CfSGDSk

He does talk about conditioning and diet, but my memory is that he suggests the overall work ethic on his game is lacking.

Whole podcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs8i_3HvL3Q

And to be clear, this isn't the only place I remember hearing this stuff. If I remember others I will share them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 09:21 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: He is literally in a League of his own Offensively

Shooting 67% from the free throw line and 32% from three is not a "league of his own." Yes, Luka has innate instincts and genius about so much of the game, but at the end of the day basketball is a shooting game. 

Luka is BELOW AVERAGE as an NBA shooter. Whatever work he is putting in on shooting is NOT working. He needs more/better work on that.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 09:46 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Shooting 67% from the free throw line and 32% from three is not a "league of his own." Yes, Luka has innate instincts and genius about so much of the game, but at the end of the day basketball is a shooting game. 

Luka is BELOW AVERAGE as an NBA shooter. Whatever work he is putting in on shooting is NOT working. He needs more/better work on that.

Eh...I agree shooting is important.

But I think Luka providing wide open shots for teammates will ultimately be the ingredient that proves most potent for winning anything of significance once he has a few players that can shoot.   

His teammates need to be practicing shooting more.

Personally...I think Luka hits over 40% from wide open threes if his teammates could get him open looks like he does for them.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 01:56 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I'd like to see what this team looks like when Kidd gets some of his ideal type of guys on the team. If RoCo is available, I want him pretty badly.

RoCo hasn't been a top-notch 3&D guy for a few years now.  He's regressed IMO.  He may be better than what's currently on their roster, but his D and shooting aren't game-changing anymore.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 10:34 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: RoCo hasn't been a top-notch 3&D guy for a few years now.  He's regressed IMO.  He may be better than what's currently on their roster, but his D and shooting aren't game-changing anymore.

I would like to piggy-back on this post...

This post, imo, illustrates what I think would be bad moves for the Mavs - Spending assets or overpaying for players that arent really worth it.   Plug and Play vet players make the coaching staffs job easier...but is it worth it?   Does the production equal or surpass the ball and chain these type of players put on the Front Offices ability to acquire younger talent?

Nothing against RoCo...just make sure you arent over spending.
Like Reply
(12-04-2021, 10:34 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: RoCo hasn't been a top-notch 3&D guy for a few years now.  He's regressed IMO.  He may be better than what's currently on their roster, but his D and shooting aren't game-changing anymore.
Going to Houston to play center mostly and Portland with no other defenders will do that to a player ANY player.
Like Reply