Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
KP (+17, 20 pts, 2 blk, 2 ast, 10 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+29, 28 pts, 1 stl, 14 ast, 4 rbd)
96.00%
24 96.00%
JB (+12, 17 pts, 3 ast)
4.00%
1 4.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (96%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
Like Reply
[Image: FFkjM3fXsAESJBY?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Luka destroying them early opened up the game for everyone one else and most of the game they delivered...every time they keyed in on Luka someone took advantage of being wide open...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
On a night when Dallas pretty much destroyed them it's hard to choose a winner. Luka shooting nearly 70% is impressive, but I might actually go with bench Timmy. His shooting was particularly efficient and a nice improvement over some of his high volume / low percentage games recently. Well done.
Like Reply
50+/40/90+, >10 assts Luka wins it every time for me
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply
Who gets the Dirkie in a rout?  Just about everybody played good.  

KP and Luka played like we should expect them to.  No Dirkie for playing like you should?  Not this time.

DP only played 11 minutes and was instrumental in getting the Mavs off to a great start.  Before I even got to this forum I had made up my mind to give him the Dirkie.  But, Lo and behold,  he wasn't on the list.  Oh well...onward.

JB was one of the choices on the list, so I gave the Dirkie to him.

Kleber only played 16 minutes.  I was watching him like a hawk.  He does so many good things for the Mavs.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I know somebody is going to come up with an example of when he screwed the pooch...but watch, weigh the whole body of work.  Defense and offense.  It's good.  I admit Kleber is one of my favorite players.  One of many...

THJ seems to be aware that he has pooped the nest lately...and responded well to coming off the bench.

Man...I would like to see Omoruyi get some more burn.  I like his game and think he will be a pretty good NBA player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
+29 and 14 assists are not “expected” at this point, are they? Gotta be Luka.
[-] The following 4 users Like embellisher's post:
  • ballsrchr, fifteenth, ItsGoTime, Kammrath
Like Reply
Godking DFS
Like Reply
(12-01-2021, 11:47 PM)embellisher Wrote: +29 and 14 assists are not “expected” at this point, are they? Gotta be Luka.

Yeah.  You're right.  I just got carried away with trying to spread the Dirkie around a bit.  Otherwise Luka will get the Dirkie 95% of the time.  I truly believe that Luka is a generational player...and, with just a little support, he may stand tall with the other legends.  Time will tell, but he has to have a little help.
Like Reply
(12-02-2021, 09:18 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: I just got carried away with trying to spread the Dirkie around a bit.  Otherwise Luka will get the Dirkie 95% of the time.

I think the point was this: This is the best game Luka has played in a long time. He upped his game and caused the blowout. He deserves the Dirkie. This wasn't "normal Luka" (this year anyway).
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ballsrchr, embellisher, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I was tempted to vote for KP because I didn't even think he would play in this one after that ankle tweak in the last game and he came in with 20-10. 

But Luka's efficiency was crazy after a rough start to the season by his standards and that was good to see so I'll still go Luka
Like Reply
[Image: 61a83204871b6.image.jpg?crop=1303%2C1303...p%2Cresize]
Like Reply
I vote to include everyone on the dirkie to have a better representation. 

Luka deserved this one, but I'm starting to see more and more people mention the guy they wanted to vote not there on the poll
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-03-2021, 01:05 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I vote to include everyone on the dirkie to have a better representation. 

Feel free to edit the poll and add whomever you want. It is just work for me to add everyone with all their stats. So I try to do my best to include who I think had significant impacts on the win.
Like Reply
P.S. I didn't include THJ because he was terrible in the first half when the team got the lead and only played well in garbage time. Therefore he shouldn't be eligible for an award that is about helping the team win.
Like Reply
(12-03-2021, 09:55 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Feel free to edit the poll and add whomever you want. It is just work for me to add everyone with all their stats. So I try to do my best to include who I think had significant impacts on the win.

You do a great job.  Thanks!
[-] The following 2 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • fifteenth, Kammrath
Like Reply
(12-03-2021, 09:55 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Feel free to edit the poll and add whomever you want. It is just work for me to add everyone with all their stats
I'm more than happy to help for future polls when available!

Not trying to diss you. Just think it doesn't hurt to include everyone to see what people think. Even if they didn't have the most impactful game of the night.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply