Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAVS 96, CAVALIERS 114
Wow. This team sucks.
Like Reply
From what I hear Cuban is coming out with another jersey designed by PDiddy.  I think the garbage colored throwback jerseys from 2003-2004 seem appropriate right about now.

[Image: 2675426.jpg.0.jpg]
Like Reply
(11-30-2021, 01:18 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Kemba was a major acquisition for Boston. They couldn’t wait to send him away.  Now the same thing in NY and not just that he is out of the rotation.  I agree we can use upgrades on both offense and defense but my stance is just say no to offense who can’t play defense. If your core is Luka and or KP then get more defense around them. 

Brunson and THJ are good. IMO they are good bench players. We need 2 better starting defenders around Luka/KP and for the fifth starter, I can compromise on a bit of defense provided it is a solid shooter.  Given that 2 teams that highly desired him have given up on him, I don’t want to waste any asset capital on him. If he is cut and comes cheap the sure take a flyer.

Again, I don't want Kemba.  I want off of Bullock's contract.  Kemba is cheaper and expires a year sooner.  #TeamRebuild (yes, I know that will not happen)

KP wouldn't be in my long term plans either.  The fit with Luka isn't natural, there are just aspects of his game I'm not a fan of and you always have looming injury concerns.  

THJ is getting paid way too much to be a good bench player.  I'm with you in that Jalen and THJ shouldn't start next to Luka.  Tim's defense was painful last night.
Like Reply
(11-30-2021, 01:48 PM)meistermatze Wrote: I thought the Wizards' game was disappointing but that was at least entertaining and, I felt, unnecessarily lost. We could have won that one but it happens...

but THIS?

Just awful. One of the worst outings I have ever seen and that says a lot, considering the last couple of years.

Kidd threw Brown under the bus to prove a point. He played horrible and was nothing close to being ready.

Eh I agree Brown looked bad against Jarrett Allen, until I saw Powell and Porzingis defend Allen. I guess I take the blame for that one. I talked so much about a Porzingis/Allen frontcourt that Porzingis defended him like he was his teammate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
So, by all reports, Kidd is encouraging Luka to "trust his teammates".

But after last night's performance, I can see why he's not really buying in to that philosophy.
Like Reply
(11-30-2021, 04:31 PM)cow Wrote: KP wouldn't be in my learn term plans either.  The fit with Luka isn't natural

I think this is really important. 

Luka + KP has had some good and even great moments...but there is nothing natural about their chemistry and fit. They both have to work to make the fit even decent. Luka really needs someone who he more naturally and intuitively fits with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-30-2021, 04:31 PM)cow Wrote: Again, I don't want Kemba.  I want off of Bullock's contract.  Kemba is cheaper and expires a year sooner.  #TeamRebuild (yes, I know that will not happen)

KP wouldn't be in my learn term plans either.  The fit with Luka isn't natural, there are just aspects of his game I'm not a fan of and you always have looming injury concerns.  

THJ is getting paid way too much to be a good bench player.  I'm with you in that Jalen and THJ shouldn't start next to Luka.  Tim's defense was painful last night.

The last year of Bullocks contract is only partially guaranteed anyway (for about 5.4 million). Also, as bad as Bullock has looked, there is no way we're at the point of needing to dump his contract already. He's had a bad two month stretch after years of solid production, there is just no way he needs to be a salary cap dump at this point.

The only contract we have that should be dumped is Powell's. It's been obvious for years that he's way overpaid so he would be the guy you want to get rid of to clear salary cap space.

However, if you really want to kick off a rebuild, then what you really need to do is trade KP. Anything else won't make much of a difference since we're pretty far over the cap.
Like Reply
(11-30-2021, 09:57 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: what you really need to do is trade KP

[Image: FabulousHospitableEastsiberianlaika-max-1mb.gif]
Like Reply
(11-30-2021, 09:57 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: The last year of Bullocks contract is only partially guaranteed anyway (for about 5.4 million). Also, as bad as Bullock has looked, there is no way we're at the point of needing to dump his contract already. He's had a bad two month stretch after years of solid production, there is just no way he needs to be a salary cap dump at this point.

The only contract we have that should be dumped is Powell's. It's been obvious for years that he's way overpaid so he would be the guy you want to get rid of to clear salary cap space.

However, if you really want to kick off a rebuild, then what you really need to do is trade KP. Anything else won't make much of a difference since we're pretty far over the cap.

You aren't getting off of DP's contract without attaching an asset and we don't have the luxury of spending assets like that.  Kemba expires with Powell.  My real aim in that swap would be to try to recapture our 2023 FRP.  Kemba for Bullock is just the foundation and erases mistakes for both franchises.  I'm fine with the argument that it's too early to dump Bullock but even if we take away his sub 28% 3P shooting, he's been wholly unimpressive.  

And yes, I'm fully on board on dumping KP.  That might be the one way of ridding yourself of DP is if you swap KP for an overinflated contract.  Someone like Tobias Harris.
Like Reply