Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
6 75.00%
Cavaliers
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 19: CLE (11-10) @ DAL (10-9) | 96-114 loss
This may be a moot point if KP is injured and misses games and maybe it is some overreaction after a terrible game, but I think you just need to bite the bullet and put KP as your 5.   Now, both Gafford and Allen took it to him at times so that is not a reassuring image.  But I think we may need to admit Rick made Powell and WCS look like NBA centers, while they may not be.   I am sure Kidd has a vision, at least I hope, but he just doesn't have the pieces for that vision.  Bad FO!   So even with the injury concerns, start KP at Center.   Heck make Boban the backup.   He will get roasted on defense, but at least he provides some scoring inside.   

Start Jalen (who was bad tonight) and move Hardaway to the 6th man.    At the PF, I have no idea what to do there.  I would prefer to limit Kleber's minutes and like him better off the bench.   Maybe just throw Bullock out there and try to up the tempo a little.   In reality though, there is not really much you can do with this limited roster.   I just don't know how much further we can go trying to force feed a lot of minutes to centers who are lucky to be on NBA rosters.   There is just a gigantic hole in the other front court spot.   Not sure how that is filled.

KP, at times is moving better, but he has too many low shooting nights.   He takes tough threes that I am not sure he has proven those are good shots for the team.  I was in favor of keeping KP as I think it is the easiest way to contention, but I am really worried if he is a legit # 2 option and if he is going to be able to defend against the smart teams when it matters.

Maybe I am overreacting, but man this team sucks to watch right now.
Like Reply
It is a talent issue. Our bench is the worst in the league. 

As someone else said move Bullick to the starting lineup. Move THJ to the bench. The former needs a playmaker. THJ blows hot and cold but can create his own shot. Same for Brunson. 
I would even put Josh Green in the starting lineup. You need more defensive intensity from the starters. Backups should be like Brunson, THJ, Burke who can score even if Luka is out.

The person to blame here is Cuban. This is what happens when you mismanage the front office for so long and then the solution is to get an analytics guy who threatens your current GMs job that he walks away on draft night. We had two good picks possible in that draft. Those seem like small decisions but those things tend to add up and why Luka will walk away one day.   Glad at least there was sanity long enough for Dirk to get his title. That will keep me happy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • dmavs4life03
Like Reply
(11-29-2021, 11:47 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This may be a moot point if KP is injured and misses games and maybe it is some overreaction after a terrible game, but I think you just need to bite the bullet and put KP as your 5.   Now, both Gafford and Allen took it to him at times so that is not a reassuring image.  But I think we may need to admit Rick made Powell and WCS look like NBA centers, while they may not be.   I am sure Kidd has a vision, at least I hope, but he just doesn't have the pieces for that vision.  Bad FO!   So even with the injury concerns, start KP at Center.   Heck make Boban the backup.   He will get roasted on defense, but at least he provides some scoring inside.   

Start Jalen (who was bad tonight) and move Hardaway to the 6th man.    At the PF, I have no idea what to do there.  I would prefer to limit Kleber's minutes and like him better off the bench.   Maybe just throw Bullock out there and try to up the tempo a little.   In reality though, there is not really much you can do with this limited roster.   I just don't know how much further we can go trying to force feed a lot of minutes to centers who are lucky to be on NBA rosters.   There is just a gigantic hole in the other front court spot.   Not sure how that is filled.

KP, at times is moving better, but he has too many low shooting nights.   He takes tough threes that I am not sure he has proven those are good shots for the team.  I was in favor of keeping KP as I think it is the easiest way to contention, but I am really worried if he is a legit # 2 option and if he is going to be able to defend against the smart teams when it matters.

Maybe I am overreacting, but man this team sucks to watch right now.

I never rejoined the keep KP train. He is fools gold and always will be. This game pretty much sums him up, he was owning Mobley in the post and instead of going back to it, he fell back to shooting threes as its his comfort zone. 

He is the biggest issue on this team. At some point when you are facing a team that is big and physical, you need to match that and the Mavs struggle against physical teams and that is because we have 0 physical presence. 

I am still going to give the new F/O till the trade deadline and if nothing is changed I am checking out from this season to keep my sanity.
Like Reply