Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAVS 112, CLIPPERS 104
(11-24-2021, 02:47 PM)burekemde Wrote: His recaps are All-NBA 1st team, every season.

shucks
Like Reply
(11-25-2021, 04:15 AM)meistermatze Wrote: mavsluvr, what do you think about Kidd as a coach? I like what he has tried so far, I like, whatever he has done, to start the Luka-KP-action. Is he as good a coach as his rhetoric (meaning: he's shit) or is he underrated?
meister! Always glad to hear from you. Hope whatever is going on with you starts looking up. 

Good observations on KP.

I didn't love the Kidd hire when it was made, but I have tried to keep an open mind. For me, the jury is very much still out. At this stage, it is hard to tell what the plan even is, but we are hearing that they will try to decide on what direction they want to go after Christmas. 

Along with you, I like it that KP seems healthy and in good spirits, and seems to have a good attitude about playing with Luka. He is looking about as good as I can remember seeing him. But, like you, I am hesitant to depend on this, since KP has a history of coming out like gangbusters when he is healthy, but then fading as his body is unable to withstand the ravages of an entire season.  Maybe Kidd's load management strategies will be helpful in this respect, who knows?
Like Reply
Thanks mavsluvr. All good on my front, just work is occupying more time than I would like but then again, who does not have this problem? That includes almost anyone except somebody who is living their dream, like Mark Followill.

Thanks for your answer. It is obvious that you are hesitant to give anything away. I deduced that you were VERY skeptical at the start and you are still pretty skeptical because there are just some things you probabl like but they could very well have nothing to do with how good Kidd actually is, correct?

If so, that is fair. As a casual observer I think one could get the impression that Kidd does good work but looking a little closer, I am also unsure about how much he actually has to do with the positives. Hence the question which you expertly dodged (no criticism at all). I am looking forward to your profound opinion in a couple of weeks.

My feeling is:

- Kidd is better than advertised regarding Xs and Os
- Kidd is a nice guy to have around (atmosphere related), aka a players coach
- Kidd does nothing exeptionally well but is decent enough so that the pros outweigh the cons but he will not take us to the next level
- He will, however, establish a spirit and an atmosphere to get the players to perform to the best of their abilities
[-] The following 2 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • Kammrath, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-25-2021, 09:51 AM)meistermatze Wrote: As a casual observer I think one could get the impression that Kidd does good work but looking a little closer, I am also unsure about how much he actually has to do with the positives. Hence the question which you expertly dodged (no criticism at all). I am looking forward to your profound opinion in a couple of weeks.

My feeling is:

- Kidd is better than advertised regarding Xs and Os
- Kidd is a nice guy to have around (atmosphere related), aka a players coach
- Kidd does nothing exeptionally well but is decent enough so that the pros outweigh the cons but he will not take us to the next level
- He will, however, establish a spirit and an atmosphere to get the players to perform to the best of their abilities

I personally love what Kidd has done so far. Sometimes the best work a coach can do is "get out of the way." I have been impressed because it feels like Kidd is doing a good job at that. It seems he is taking inputs from his player and his assistants while also patiently observing and experimenting. You aren't left feeling like this is the "Kidd show" and I think that is really, really good. 

I also think it is basically a miracle the Mavs are 10-7 at this juncture with the missed games from KP and Luka, the incredibly poor shooting from everyone on open shots, the slow start from Luka (shooting and otherwise), and the introduction of new systems and gameplans. And through all this the team chemistry and camaraderie seems to be in a really, really good spot (maybe the best in a decade). It feels like a pretty masterful coaching job IMO so far.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Dahlsim, Hypermav, Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Thumbs Up 
(11-25-2021, 11:01 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I personally love what Kidd has done so far. Sometimes the best work a coach can do is "get out of the way." I have been impressed because it feels like Kidd is doing a good job at that. It seems he is taking inputs from his player and his assistants while also patiently observing and experimenting. You aren't left feeling like this is the "Kidd show" and I think that is really, really good. 

I also think it is basically a miracle the Mavs are 10-7 at this juncture with the missed games from KP and Luka, the incredibly poor shooting from everyone on open shots, the slow start from Luka (shooting and otherwise), and the introduction of new systems and gameplans. And through all this the team chemistry and camaraderie seems to be in a really, really good spot (maybe the best in a decade). It feels like a pretty masterful coaching job IMO so far.

Hear, Hear!
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
Like Reply