Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
54.55%
6 54.55%
Clippers
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DAL (10-7) @ LAC (10-8) | 112-104 win
(11-23-2021, 10:54 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Dumb foul by Luka

LAZY. So tired of the laziness.
Like Reply
I hate Terrance Mann so much
Like Reply
Do we still like this new offense? 

I hate it, personally, but I’m hoping my mind gets changed.
Like Reply
(11-23-2021, 10:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Do we still like this new offense? 

I don't like the two big lineups with KP so far. I don't like the way Luka is playing. I don't like the way the team is shooting. I don't really have an issue with the offense.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...4379664388
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/presidual/status/146...1893061640
Like Reply
(11-23-2021, 10:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't like the two big lineups with KP so far. I don't like the way Luka is playing. I don't like the way the team is shooting. I don't really have an issue with the offense.

Well, part of what I mean by “the offense” is caused by some of what you mention above.

Once you have seen the way pick and roll basketball works with nobody in the paint, it’s really tough to watch it with someone in the dunker spot every single time. It feels like we are watching an antiquated approach, to me.
Like Reply
I hope the new GM will make some moves soon because this team isn’t a contender yet.
Like Reply
THJ's D has been SOOOO bad.
Like Reply
(11-23-2021, 11:03 PM)Tunesquad23 Wrote: I hope the new GM will make some moves soon because this team isn’t a contender yet.

It’s still early, I suppose, but I’m starting to wonder if they haven’t gotten farther away from being a contender.
Like Reply
(11-23-2021, 11:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It’s still early, I suppose, but I’m starting to wonder if they haven’t gotten farther away from being a contender.

If that is the case it would be 100% a result of Luka playing worse, IMO.
Like Reply
One thing you cannot say about Burke is that he doesn’t try hard on defense.
Like Reply
KP+Maxi feels like the only two big lineup to work with KP this year.
Like Reply
(11-23-2021, 11:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: If that is the case it would be 100% a result of Luka playing worse, IMO.

I don’t know about 100%, but he definitely is not as effective so far this year as he was last year.

I honestly believe it’s at least in part due to a drastic decrease in organized spacing. Some of that is because guys aren’t shooting as well as they should, but some of it is because they are freaking people in the damn dunker’s spot anytime he has the ball.

It’s really ugly basketball, in my opinion.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...0239136768
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...2345647107
Like Reply
(11-23-2021, 11:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: KP+Maxi feels like the only two big lineup to work with KP this year.

Just like last season. Maxi is the only big on the roster that works in twin tower lineups. Only one with a reliable 3. Only one that can guard the perimeter and best pick and roll defender.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
Luka gets the ball with no one in the paint, and the clippers are so worried about him penetrating that they get a defensive three second car for the second time.

… And then he draws a foul out of the same set on the next play.
Like Reply
DFS is having a rough one, so far.
Like Reply
Don't really get the WCS start.  I thought Luka played Zubac off the floor, both in 5 out and P&R with Powell in the playoffs last year.  Not sure why we could not do that now?
Like Reply