Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
6 100.00%
Spurs
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 12: DAL (8-4) @ SAS (4-8) | 123-109 win
Things are unravelling quickly for the Thunder again. Four wins in a row and a play-in spot.
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: You have to first look good. And I feel like this it the first time they have looked good, regardless of competition. Smile 

But seriously, SAS is always a well coached team, so I am encouraged by this showing either way.

Me too! Greatly encouraged. I was just thinking about the upcoming schedule and about how we'll have to beat a good team eventually
Like Reply
16 shot, 14 assist Luka is my favorite kind of Luka personally.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Arioch
Like Reply
My game clock says 3rd quarter. Spurs must enjoy that spanking and want it extended. Big Grin 

Now they changed it. LOL.
Like Reply
How about 30/15/10 Luka? Is that ok too?
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • embellisher, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
KP for Murray, Vassell, and Poeltl. Who says no?
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: KP for Murray, Vassell, and Poetl. Who says no?

Not me! I LOVE all three of those players!
Like Reply
Great game to boost any of KP's trade value!
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:34 PM)fifteenth Wrote: How about 30/15/10 Luka? Is that ok too?

I guess.....Luka just shot 4 times after I made my comment....
Like Reply
I liked Kidd running FN with those guys there....too bad he had two "catastrophic" turnovers in a row.... bummer.
Like Reply
Luka decided to get some shooting reps in the 4th. Thought he could use the extra work.
Like Reply
Gotta be KP for the Dirkie. He actually looked like the second option he was supposed to be tonight. First 30+ game he's had since April. That game was also against the Spurs
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • fifteenth, MangaAfterDark
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Luka decided to get some shooting reps in the 4th. Thought he could use the extra work.

I think he kinda waved off KP a lot in the fourth quarter. C'mon, Luka, we have to raise his trade value.
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: KP for Murray, Vassell, and Poeltl. Who says no?

KP+JB for Murray, Vassell, and Poetl is probably more realistic.
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Luka decided to get some shooting reps in the 4th

It feels like Kidd is wanting Luka to shoot less during quarters 1-3 and get the teammates involved and then giving him a green light in the 4th. I have felt that in a number of games this year.
Like Reply
In this game he had Luka and KP play garbage time, so it's tough to know what to make of those minutes
Like Reply
DP ended up with 16 minutes which was 9th most.  Likely due to the smaller SAS lineups.
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It feels like Kidd is wanting Luka to shoot less during quarters 1-3 and get the teammates involved and then giving him a green light in the 4th. I have felt that in a number of games this year.

Totally agree, and I feel like much of the offensive confusion to start games can be attributed to the entire team collectively going "ok, great - now what?"

Hopefully, this strategy will pay off over time. I saw glimpses of fine "secondary creation" work tonight by Brunson (of course), DFS, Hardaway, Porzingis and even Ntilikina. Brown was out there trying to make some things happen, even. 

I am starting to see evidence of a plan, and one that has a chance of being successful. Might be a while before it works against the GOOD teams, but at least it's starting to work against the bottom feeders. That's a start.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, Kammrath, Scott41theMavs, Tyler
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:12 PM)Kammrath Wrote: RB is going to be a hell of an addition once his three point shot comes back to 40% instead of 32%. Really love what I see in general, at some point it is going to come together.

I think he just needs a consistent role where he gets at least 25 minutes every night and he'll be way better
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:36 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Great game to boost any of KP's trade value!

Honestly, I dont want us to trade KP. Its clear he can be a championship piece. Just need to never post him up. Keep pick and roll with Luka and KP. Keep finding ways to get KP the ball close to the basket. Here he is unstoppable.

Finally, we used him in this game as a pivot. Getting him the ball to move the offense up. Luka would throw it to KP for the offense to get further down and he would move the ball back to Luka. That pushes the defense down and get sthe ball quicker and more reliable in the offensive positions we need. We also saw that on the inbounds, Luka would only look for KP, this is a great great way to use KP.

Defensively, he is great again, like the KP two seasons ago. He is blocking and contesting shots.

It is absolutely clear, that KP is back in shape. And when in this shape, and when used correctly on offense, he is worth to keep, also at that deal. The thing with KP is always, can he maintain that shape, can he not get injured? But if he doesnt, he is championship piece, and for that reason it can be a mistake trading him.
[-] The following 4 users Like burekemde's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Mapka, omahen, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply