Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
6 100.00%
Spurs
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 12: DAL (8-4) @ SAS (4-8) | 123-109 win
(11-12-2021, 09:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep!

Best offensive half IMO by KP. 

1) The DEEP post up catches are WAY better than the elbow or free throw line catches. 
2) He is really effective as a roller and cutter if you can manufacture those circumstances for him.

Totally agree.
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 09:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep!

Best offensive half IMO by KP. 

1) The DEEP post up catches are WAY better than the elbow or free throw line catches. 
2) He is really effective as a roller and cutter if you can manufacture those circumstances for him.

Yes, I don't think he is ever going to be a throw the ball in the post guy and let him score.  But he can be a guy who gets quick action down low or off of cuts.   I consider that post play but a little different than the old time post play.

Passing Luka is my favorite too.   16, 10 and 7 at the half.   On 11 shots.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
The KP explosion is the big news, but the real enabler is the Luka/KP P&R. They're running it again and again and it's picking apart the Spurs in lots of ways. Roll, pop, switching defenders, getting open looks for others. It's an offensive machine when it works like this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Interesting Frank got some minutes with the bridge to the Brunson minutes.   He replaced Hardaway.   Interesting.  Hardaway only had 1 foul and played 13 minutes in the first half.  

If Frank keeps playing well, he should get most of Brown's minutes if Brown continues to struggle with his shot
Like Reply
One turnover!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 09:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @Kammrath so far the eye test has confirmed two things for me:

1) while Brunson is running the show, there is more emphasis on spacing. No doubt. Porzingis much more perimeter oriented during those stretches. 

2) while the porzingis inside the arc touches seem to be on Luka’s watch, when he DOES get space, he IS having trouble beating guys like Young and Vassel. In Young’s case, I feel like he would’ve had no chance against Luka at the end of last season. 

I don’t know if that helps us find truth, but I’m confident about the above.

Thanks for this. I see this too.

I feel like KP has been better with the spacing stuff tonight without DP...in part because he is executing on O.
Like Reply
Wow. Even the KP/DP lineup
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 09:57 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Even the KP/DP lineup

Throwback!
Like Reply
DP 6 points 3/3, 2 blocks, Kings about to blow a 20 pt lead to the Thunder with a DNP for Bagley.

Nico....

[Image: 8151633751_d4afeb7bb5_b-640x480.jpg]
Like Reply
The Luka Triple Double is a thing again
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
This is a better team when DFS hits threes.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • fifteenth, Kammrath, LukTheShadow
Like Reply
Y'all better stop talking bad about DFS
Like Reply
KP's going to lose his Dirkie from me if he keeps missing shots.
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:04 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: This is a better team when DFS hits threes.

And when WELL OILED MACHINE replaces KEYSTONE COPS
Like Reply
I don't want to speak too soon, but this has the makings of a "breakthrough" / "ligh-bulb" game for the Mavs. If they close this strong I am going to log this game in my memory as a possible significant turning point.
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't want to speak too soon, but this has the makings of a "breakthrough" / "ligh-bulb" game for the Mavs. If they close this strong I am going to log this game in my memory as a possible significant turning point.

Yep -- this looks like a completely different team right now. Lots of things to be encouraged about.
Like Reply
RB is going to be a hell of an addition once his three point shot comes back to 40% instead of 32%. Really love what I see in general, at some point it is going to come together.
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't want to speak too soon, but this has the makings of a "breakthrough" / "ligh-bulb" game for the Mavs. If they close this strong I am going to log this game in my memory as a possible significant turning point.

Well...they eventually have to look good against good teams as well. But this is progress. 

And plenty of good teams to take a shot at coming up
Like Reply
I love the JB-SB-FN-RB-WCS lineup...have I mentioned that?? Wink
Like Reply
(11-12-2021, 10:12 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Well...they eventually have to look good against good teams

You have to first look good. And I feel like this it the first time they have looked good, regardless of competition. Smile 

But seriously, SAS is always a well coached team, so I am encouraged by this showing either way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply