Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAKE DAT WIT YOU 11/11
I really like these TDWY recaps and subsequent discussion posts.  For the most part the discussions are excellent, well thought out, and filled with information.  I assume the Mavs coaches are glued to the computer studying these comments.  Or, maybe they should be.  It is obvious that some of you guys know a bit about basketball.  Even I, as a retired driveway point guard, can see that KP and DP are clogging the paint.  Probably as a result it appears that our system is the "chicken with no head"...except possibly the last game with SA.  Luka was able to look a little more like the Luka we expect to see.  I have repeatedly said that the offense must stem from Luka.  When he establishes his offense, and is playing loose and free, he will get the assists, rebounds, steals, etc. that the Mavs need to be successful.  I'm not saying that Luka will win the games entirely by himself.  The rest of the team must execute the schemes to the best of their ability.  And the better players you surround Luka with--the better the team will be.  We are short at least two specific players:  a long, tall, strong, and rangy secondary ball handler...which FN may eventually fill...and a reliable 3 and D player.

Now...I watch the Mavs, because I have watched them since 1981 or 82...whenever they started, and basically for recreation.  My vertical leap can now be measured in fractions of inches.  I'm not here to argue with anybody.  I rarely post, generally feel satisfied to "like" other posts that sort of agree with what I think and/or postulate an interesting point.  So...keep up the good work guys!
[-] The following 5 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, Hypermav, Paul Gasol, Thukydides
Like Reply
(11-13-2021, 09:17 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Even I, as a retired driveway point guard,

retired 5'10" rec center, half court, outdoor small forward reporting for duty
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ballsrchr, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(11-13-2021, 11:27 AM)fifteenth Wrote: retired 5'10" rec center, half court, outdoor small forward reporting for duty

I was an all conference freshman point guard back in...the...stone ages.  New coach for sophomore year.  This new coach took one look at me, looked at my hands...and cut me from the team on the first day without watching a single shot or dribble.  I did not...and still do not...like that coach.  He didn't last long, but I was gone.  So I guess I play vicariously by watching the Mavs.  I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender.  I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, lets face it.  

Yeah...me and old Marlon--peas in a pod...
Like Reply
(11-13-2021, 03:50 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: I was an all conference freshman point guard back in...the...stone ages.  New coach for sophomore year.  This new coach took one look at me, looked at my hands...and cut me from the team on the first day without watching a single shot or dribble.  I did not...and still do not...like that coach.  He didn't last long, but I was gone.  So I guess I play vicariously by watching the Mavs.  I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender.  I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, lets face it.  

Yeah...me and old Marlon--peas in a pod...

If coach woulda put you in. You woulda won state.
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ballsrchr, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-13-2021, 04:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote: If coach woulda put you in. You woulda won state.
But could he throw a football clean over them mountains?
Like Reply