Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAVS 108, PELS 92
(11-10-2021, 04:50 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I'd like to come up with a mathematical model that predicts the end of civilization as we know it based on when how close real life society in general mirrors the Twitter-verse

hahahaha

I'll take a stab --

Real life -- 1M years

Twitter-verse -- 10 minutes
[-] The following 1 user Likes mavsluvr's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 04:54 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: hahahaha

I'll take a stab --

Real life -- 1M years

Twitter-verse -- 10 minutes

Well...I'm talking about real life for the human race. So we should probably limit our time frame so far to about 100k years. 

But if everyone on the planet acted like Twitter all the time then I'm thinking an extinction event could result
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 04:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Well...I'm talking about real life for the human race. So we should probably limit our time frame so far to about 100k years. 

But if everyone on the planet acted like Twitter all the time then I'm thinking an extinction event could result
good point, lol
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 03:45 PM)burekemde Wrote: It's fantastic with eye analysis that explains the stats, thanks for these thoughts Dahlsim. I really like this! There is always a gap in the knowledge between what we see in games, and that raw number on the statsheet. Making that link, closing that gap, is where the best and most difficult analysis is required.

Dahlsim's post is good, but NBA teams do have analytics (based off motion tracking) that should do a lot of that type of analysis. 

In this specific example, the Mavs and the Pels should both - at least after the game - have stats showing both the Pels pushing the tempo against the Mavs 2-bigs line-ups and the Mavs utilisation of the 2-bigs. For the teams this really should no longer be very much about the eye-test and people watching the videos, most of it should be automated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BackToSquareOne's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply