Poll: Brunson:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Start
65.22%
30 65.22%
Bench
8.70%
4 8.70%
Trade
26.09%
12 26.09%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
BRUNSON BURNER: to NYK for 4yrs/$104M (no SnT) | NYK docked 2025 2nd for tampering
(04-06-2023, 09:31 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Cuban these days tries to win battles via interviews while other owners try to win it through smart front offices and coaches.

Good point.

I saw he made comments about Perkins and Stephen a Smith.  He threw some shade a Perkins playing career.  I hate those dudes and guys similar to them. I pay not attention to those yard barkers.  I am sure it is more difficult when they are talking about you.  I get it, but is a part of the job.  To give those types of guys more oxygen is always a lose-lose scenario.  Again, amateur and thin skinned.  Like it or not, you have to take the heat.  And if you are making no changes to your coach or front office, you will need to take it.  If it is true or not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 10:13 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Good point.

I saw he made comments about Perkins and Stephen a Smith.  He threw some shade a Perkins playing career.  I hate those dudes and guys similar to them. I pay not attention to those yard barkers.  I am sure it is more difficult when they are talking about you.  I get it, but is a part of the job.  To give those types of guys more oxygen is always a lose-lose scenario.  Again, amateur and thin skinned.  Like it or not, you have to take the heat.  And if you are making no changes to your coach or front office, you will need to take it.  If it is true or not.

Perkins, as an ex-player, gives you a glimpse into the mindset of what players truly think about Mark Cuban as an owner. The reason why nobody signs here is not the money. In fact players only sign here for the money.

Think about what Perkins is really saying with: Not everybody is like Dirk Nowitzki.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 09:38 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I think Cuban finally made a public explanation of the situation for a couple of reasons:

1. Public perception that he was "cheap".  It's one thing for fans to feel that way, but quite another for players.  Trading for Kyrie, and paying him a new max contract, should go a long way towards correcting that perception.

2. In the interview a couple of days ago, Luka answered a question about how much the team missed Brunson, and he answered "a lot".  If there was any doubt among current Mav players about how the team evaluated Brunson's value and contribution to the team, Cuban wanted them to have a clear picture.

I talked about point 2 in another thread. Talk to Kyrie and Luka in private and tell them your side and say that out of respect for an ex Mavs like Brunson you don’t want to say anything negative about his dad publicly . No need to now make Brunson Sr a bad guy in public even if this is what happened.  

Even for point 1 it is better to take the high road publicly. What good is it going to do trashing Brunson Sr now? Any player is going to read this as Mark trashing some player’s parent and they think about their own parent and what it would feel like for them if a rich billionaire to take shots. Stupid. 

All this also masks the real truth that the Mavs for a few years got to see Brunson every day in practice and in huddles and could not gauge his upside or value correctly to lock him up to a long term cheaper deal long, long before things went south and he was out of their reach. That part somehow Cuban glibly overlooks. 

How did we go from having one of the coolest owners to one of the worst and both being the same person to boot?
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Taking shots at players families and ex-players (I don't care what their talent level was) serves no purpose but to try and massage his own ego.  Sprinkle in a tinge of perceived racism and we really should never wonder why Cuban can't attract free agents and has to overpay marginal players to get them to sign with us.  I continually find myself dreaming that the Jones family of all people would save Dallas from Cuban's tenure and that's saying something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 12:17 PM)cow Wrote: Taking shots at players families and ex-players (I don't care what their talent level was) serves no purpose but to try and massage his own ego.  Sprinkle in a tinge of perceived racism and we really should never wonder why Cuban can't attract free agents and has to overpay marginal players to get them to sign with us.  I continually find myself dreaming that the Jones family of all people would save Dallas from Cuban's tenure and that's saying something.

I didn’t want to talk about the “perceived racism” part because the moment you use it many people will just tune you off. However I was thinking of the same exact thing in my previous post and almost wrote down rich white billionaire owner.   

Cuban for all his intelligence comes across as clueless.  I can even give him a pass if he had said this in the heat of the moment when Brunson had left and his dad was giving a certain narrative. However to do this months later and when he can sync up with his PR team and come up with a better way to say this, is totally inexcusable.
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 12:29 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I didn’t want to talk about the “perceived racism” part because the moment you use it many people will just tune you off. However I was thinking of the same exact thing in my previous post and almost wrote down rich white billionaire owner.   

There have been whispers around the league since we did Tyson dirty.  If it is true or not sadly doesn't matter, and I'd lean heavily towards it being untrue, but the perception is out there.

I'd say Cuban is more lucky than smart, at least as far as his billionaire status goes.
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • ballsrchr, hakeemfaan, HoosierDaddyKid, Mavs2021
Like Reply
Cuban has me agreeing with Skip Bayless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfwLiVokUCs
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 01:13 PM)cow Wrote: Cuban has me agreeing with Skip Bayless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfwLiVokUCs

Best line

If you are the owner, OWN your mistakes as well
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • cow, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
https://cdn.nba.com/headshots/nba/latest...628973.png
Like Reply
(04-06-2023, 02:41 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Best line

If you are the owner, OWN your mistakes as well
Once they own them, can they please learn from them? Like learn that they aren’t good at this at all and hire someone who is?
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Brunson is just so good and such a great teammate and leader!  It must be horrifying for Cuban to know he could have locked him up for $14 million per if he had a clue. It’s got to be just as horrifying for the fans and equally demoralizing for Luka. The Knicks front office owns the Mavs.
Like Reply
Who is Jalek Bernsen? I must have erased that name from my memory.
Like Reply
Brunson dominating. This really is Steve Nash all over again. Except this time, there is no roster upgrade like when they got Jet and Dampier. They probably think Dwight Powell is their Damp  Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
To me this is worse than Nash even though Nash went onto win 2 MVPs. Brunson is so young and nowhere near his peak yet. I didn't agree with Cuban on Nash, but I understand his injury concerns over his back. This is possibly the biggest F UP in NBA history. We only lost Brunson because Cuban was an incompetent arrogant moron. The guy looks like a franchise player and is a baller in the playoffs. This just makes me more irritated everytime I see the Knicks have success. I'm happy for Brunson, but man this stings.
Like Reply
(04-23-2023, 02:45 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: To me this is worse than Nash even though Nash went onto win 2 MVPs. Brunson is so young and nowhere near his peak yet. I didn't agree with Cuban on Nash, but I understand his injury concerns over his back. This is possibly the biggest F UP in NBA history. We only lost Brunson because Cuban was an incompetent arrogant moron. The guy looks like a franchise player and is a baller in the playoffs. This just makes me more irritated everytime I see the Knicks have success. I'm happy for Brunson, but man this stings.

It'd be more understandable if this came out of nowhere
But nope Brunson proved he was this last year. Decent chance we win that Jazz series even without Luka
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-23-2023, 02:45 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: To me this is worse than Nash even though Nash went onto win 2 MVPs. Brunson is so young and nowhere near his peak yet. I didn't agree with Cuban on Nash, but I understand his injury concerns over his back. This is possibly the biggest F UP in NBA history. We only lost Brunson because Cuban was an incompetent arrogant moron. The guy looks like a franchise player and is a baller in the playoffs. This just makes me more irritated everytime I see the Knicks have success. I'm happy for Brunson, but man this stings.

I agree, but what I find fascinating is how much of a seamless fit Brunson is with the Knicks. It's like he was the missing piece. The Knicks have been searching for a lead guard for years. Now they've got one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Let’s see how the team continues to do. They were in the playoffs 2 years ago too.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/165...8502407170
Like Reply
(04-23-2023, 07:51 PM)Jym Wrote: https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/165...8502407170

He's really making Cuban look bad. I wonder does he have nightmares about Brunson?
Like Reply
https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/si...on-2-1.jpg
Like Reply